BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2003 8:29:46 AM EDT
in North Carolina

[url]http://www.thepilot.com/news/061303suspects.html [/url]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#1]
wow, and they only get misdemeanor larceny.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:38:34 AM EDT
[#2]
That's impossible! Chuck in NY and Dear Dianne in SF tell us that aiming is not necessary with an "assault weapon". The bullets are pretty much self-guided.

I'm just LMAO about the perpetuation of the stereotype of "you can't hit anything with an AK" (which is true, btw).
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#3]
The AK must have been a post-ban.  We all know that if it had a bayonet on it then all the deputies would have been killed![50]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The AK must have been a post-ban.  We all know that if it had a bayonet on it then all the deputies would have been killed![50]
View Quote

So true, and flash supressor will tend to half the size of the groups a rifle will shoot. Those guys got lucky on that one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I bet the guy did have a pistol grip though so there's really no excuses.  He shoulda wasted at least one of the pigs.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]
The deputies didn't hit anybody with their MP-5s, either.

Carter was very happy that no one was hurt in the shootout and [blue]he even laughed[/blue] about the attempted larceny of the bulletproof vest and other Sheriff’s Department property.

“Luckily,” he said, “nobody could shoot that day.”
View Quote

"Ha ha ha! We ran away and they took our stuff. Ha ha ha! That's funny!"

So now we know what happens when incompetent cops meet up with incompetent robbers in equal numbers - the cops go get more guys, which is what they should have done in the first place. A question, though: why didn't the deputies just shoot the dog?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I guess we should also be thankful that the AK in question didn't have a folding stock.

Just think, the entire town migh have been butchered! [:O]

As for the cops, I've seen Boy Scouts with more backbone....
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]the suspects fired an AK-47 assault rifle “hundreds” of times, according to Deputy Jeff Sheffield.[/b]

Hundreds huh? [uzi] [peep] [heavy]

Maybe they all loaded blanks?[LOL]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
in North Carolina

[url]http://www.thepilot.com/news/061303suspects.html [/url]
View Quote

WHAT ???????

All that SPRAYING FROM A DEADLY BULLET HOSE & not a single good guy was hit ???????????

BUT those AK's look sooo [size=5]EVIL![/size=5]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#11]
As long as the drug dealers go home safe with their constitutional rights intact.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#12]
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/rojasray/boobs1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#13]
The rifle obviously malfunctioned.  It's been stated time and time again that the AK-47 is capable of unleashing a lethal spray of bullets that can hose down an entire area and kill many people in a very short amount of time without even having to aim.  The weapon should be taken to a reputable gunsmith to find out what the problem is.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#14]
"Timothy Jay Tinsley, 21, Malik [b]Ata Boyd[/b] 26, and Jededian Raoul Figueroa, 31."

Now if I had a name like that, I'd feel good everytime I heard it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top