Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2003 6:24:03 PM EDT
One McCarthy wanted to burn out all the commies. This time we got one who wants to burn all the guns. Go figure.

http://www.consumerfed.org/050903assaultban.html

As a newb, I know this is a controversial topic. But I think everyone should know who is supporting this bill. I apologize if this wasn't posted in the right place.

[newbie]

By the way, this forum rocks!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I almost forgot, I gotta give Rimfire Junkie over at Rimfirecentral for originally psoting this there. Just brought it over to spread the word.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
One McCarthy wanted to burn out all the commies. This time we got one who wants to burn all the guns. Go figure.

[url]www.consumerfed.org/050903assaultban.html[/url]
As a newb, I know this is a controversial topic. But I think everyone should know who is supporting this bill. I apologize if this wasn't posted in the right place.

[newbie]

By the way, this forum rocks!!!!!
View Quote

hotlink
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW- I love the mention of assault weapons being the choice of cop killers, with one in five being killed by assault weapons.  #1, wasn't it the FBI statistics that they were involved in less than 1% of crimes.  #2, I believe their definition of assault weapon is pretty broad to include mini-14s and the like. #3 of course a higher ratio would be killed by rifles because handguns really aren't that deadly compared to rifles.  I think all gunshots average to an 18% mortality rate.

Lastly, if it was the weapon of choice, wouldn't it be involved in more than 20% of the killings.  I think that by defenition makes it not the weapon of choice.

Oh well, there is no victory when arguing with the irrational.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Just who does this Consumer Federation of America represent?  I consume things, they don't represent me.  When I clicked on "about CFA" that page could not be found.  A VPC shell group?  Maybe Sarah Brady would have had no objections if JH Jr. beat the piss out of her husband with a (non-corked) Louisville Slugger.

TS

BTW, BigJuice, come visit [url]www.pre-ban.com[/url] some time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top