Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 4:26:35 PM EDT
I've got a video I'd like to post about the B2 stealth bomber. Contained in that video is a song that I can not identify.

Once posted, someone please help me ID the music!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it on your hard drive, or is it hosted on a web page somewhere?

If it's on another web page, find the properties for the link of the video, and copy it.  Paste it as a reply, and someone will make the link for you.

If it's on your hard drive, you need to find a host.  Hopefully you copied it off the web.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[url]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/dab2ec3f/bc/AR15.com/B2+movie.WMV?bckgq5.Alccx8gey[/url]

This is the address of where I have the file on the internet. Hopefully I did all this right. It should pop up in Windows Media Player and start playing right away. To the best I can figure, it is NOT from the Conan movies, and I think the composer may be Carl Orff. Thanks for your help!
View Quote
linky no worky
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:16:28 AM EDT
[#3]
 Rent "Jackass: the Movie"....if it is the same music ( I don't have sound capabilities at work so use that as a comparison ) that is in your video then it would indeed be from Carl Orff's masterpiece "Carmina Burana"  the specific piece is called " O' Fortuna, Imperatrix Mundi" which is " Oh Fortune, Emperess of the World ".

Why the guys at "Jackass" used this, I have NO idea.  or I just don't want to know.

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#4]
No, it's not O Fortuna....
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright, I think I might have found a way to link to my video. Once again, if you can ID the background music, I would very much appreciate it! Hope everyone enjoys the video, I use it during my lectures to my students as inspiration. (I am a military instructor.) Thanks everyone! Moderators and staff, note the AR15.com plug on my link listing! BTW, the video is the B2 Movie link. Sorry about the Angelfire and Lycos pop-up ads....this is the only way I could figure out to post the video.

[url]http://www.angelfire.com/space2/lapp_dance[/url]

Or try this one, it should make the video play right away.....I think.

[url]http://www.angelfire.com/space2/lapp_dance/B2Movie.WMV[/url]

Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:46:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Music's not from "Red Sonja" either, best I can tell at least.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know the name of the song, but I swear it's from one of the Conan movies.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't know the name of the song, but I swear it's from one of the Conan movies.
View Quote

No, I went through song snipets from both Conan soundtracks, and this music didn't show up. I figured the video is about 2 min 30 sec long....I haven't heard any of the song in either soundtrack. To me, the music/choral is reminding me of Carl Orff, but it is definitely not from the Carmina Burana...
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:02:18 AM EDT
[#10]
It's definitely track 2 on the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack. It's called "Riddle of Steel/Riders of Doom". I just downloaded it with Kazaa. The part of the song used in the video is about halfway through it. Apparently it's the Riders of Doom part.

By the way, the composer is Basil Pouledaris.  The same guy that did the music for Robocop, Starship Troopers and a bunch of other movies.

[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:03:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll head over to Kazaa and check it out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:29:37 AM EDT
[#12]
My apologies USPC40....it is Riddle of Steel/Riders of Doom...

Now let's see if someone can help me out with this part: I need only the latter portion of a ~6 min MP3....how do I chop off the first half of the song? Thanks to those who have helped me so far!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:35:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I can do that for you and store it on the net temporarily for you to download.  Let me know if you want me to and I'll post the URL to download it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:37:20 AM EDT
[#14]
That would be great...I want it to start about halfway through...kinda where the video music starts.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:47:56 AM EDT
[#15]
You can download it from [url]www.jonesmediaproductions.com/Riders of Doom.mp3[/url].

Let me know as soon as you have it so I can take it off the server.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:52:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Rog...I got it. Thanks for doing that, I'm not to keen on how to manipulate my MP3's. Thanks for your time USPC40. Hope you liked the video clip.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:54:10 AM EDT
[#17]
No problem.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top