Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 4:50:19 PM EDT
I am going to be traveling in a very hot area, what is the best motor oil for hot regions, hard use, a straight weight 30 oil or a 20W-50W oil.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am going to be traveling in a very hot area, what is the best motor oil for hot regions, hard use, a straight weight 30 oil or a 20W-50W oil.
View Quote

I'd probably go for the heavier weight. When I was traveling in Baja and went looking for a quart of 10W-30 for my Jeep, I couldn't find any. The Mexicans said that 40 was the way to go. Strait 40 was all I could find . . .
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
20-50
View Quote

I use 10-40 in both my vehicles. All year round.
AB

edited to add: oops! I didn't intend to hit "quote".

AB
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Mobil 1 Synthetic 15W-50.

If you don't mind spending some money, get yourself some Redline 20W-50. It runs about 8 bucks a quart and you can buy it from Summit Racing or JEGS if your local speed shop doesn't carry it.
They made tranny fluid and gear oil that kicks ass too.
http://www.redlineoil.com  

RedLine is the best oil in the world. Bar none. The base stock It is made from polyol esters originally developed for jet engines.

Just don't use their racing oil in your street car. The racing oil doesn't have the additive package in it you need to hold all the crap in suspension while it's living in your engine for months.

I've used their stuff in a 4 cyl ford racing motor that is revved to  8500 RPM and never falls below 7200 RPM in Tucson AZ. There is absolutely no scuffing or wear ANYWHERE!

They don't sponsor me so I have no reason to recommend their products other than they really work.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#5]
thank you folks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top