Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 11:33:53 PM EDT
[url]http://www.news24.com/News24/Backpage/AnimalAntics/0,,2-1343-1348_1368425,00.html??[/url]

Pigs eat farmer

Beijing - A large breeding sow and eight piglets ate an elderly farmer who fainted and fell into a pig sty in north-eastern China's Liaoning province, state media said on Tuesday.

Police in Daohugou village, Jianchang county, found the pigs gnawing on human bones after neighbours reported having not seen the 73-year-old widower for two days, the official Xinhua news agency said.

Police concluded that the farmer, identified only by his surname, San, had fainted because of excessive heat and lack of oxygen in the building housing the pigs.

The sow had been a favourite of San since he bought it in 1999, the agency said.

San, who made his living from raising pigs and chickens, had lived alone since his sons left home and his wife died many years ago, it said. - Sapa-DPA
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:31:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Good info.

Note to self:  It takes more than 2 days for a sow and her piglets to devour a small human carcass.  Buy more pigs.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:03:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Good info.

Note to self:  It takes more than 2 days for a sow and her piglets to devour a small human carcass.  Buy more pigs.
View Quote

Never have less than 3-4 adult pigs. Never... Time is everything.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:29:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Pigs are even cannibalistic. I remember my gramps having to fight a bunch of them off the carcass of a fallen sibling.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:58:42 AM EDT
[#4]
First thought:

Scott Peterson
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:08:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Pig are meaner than hell and they'll eat anything. I've seen a javelina get shot in the hind quarter with an arrow and take off running and once the others discovered that he was injured they started chowing down until we caught up with them.

I've seen big wild boars charge three guys that were shooting at it and not stop until it was dead. The whole time it was getting pelted with #8's (we were dove hunting) and after someone finally put it down with some buckshot we counted over 20 hits on it and it got within about 10 yards before it was dispatched.

I'd rather face a couple of dogs than one big pig.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#6]
This reminds me of that movie SNATCH---
and no its not " that " type of movie
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I always wondered if this trick really worked or not, seemed kind of iffy.  If I were in that "situation", I don't think I'd want to chance the hogs missing somelittle piece. Or having the chips containing DNA scattered all over the hog pen....

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Reminds me of my old Uncle Bert.

When we would go to a funeral and there weren't many people there, he would lean over and whisper to me, "Son, if there ain't any more than this at my funeral, just dump me out and call the hogs."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top