Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 11:10:40 AM EDT
Late last night, I was clicking through the TV channels when I happened upon a show called "LAPD"...It appeared to be sort-of like "COPS".
Ther was a disclaimer at the begining, like "COPS" (ya know. "Real people, Real events, blah, blah, blah)
Well, although I DO enjoy watching "COPS" (who doesn't like watching shirtless drunks doing stupid shit?)...I was about to turn off the tube and go to sleep, when I saw the title of last nights episode: "[b]THE AK47 MURDER[/b]"...So, naturally I [b]had[/b] to watch, because I knew I would see something about how deadly AK47s are to women, children, the elderly, and endangered species everywhere.
Well, It didnt [b]start[/b] too bad.
They were with an LAPD Detective who was investigating the shooting (which happened in a driveway).
They [b]DID[/b] find a 7.62x39 casing, and the detective said "It [b]could[/b] be from an AK type rifle"...(absolutely true, nothing wrong with that statement)...He also noted that they found some 9mm casings.
([i]note that later in the show, at the perp's house...they found a .44 revolver, a 9mm Browning Hi Power, and a MAC 10[/i])

[b]WELL[/b]....then they switch to a uniformed  officer who was on scene.
He pointed out a bullet hole in one of the hollow CBS blocks in a wall behind the incident, and said:
"[b]It was an AK47 that did this, they are military weapons, they fire military ammunition that is VERY deadly...They shoot through brick walls, they shoot through TELEPHONE POLES[/b]"
I went to bed after that.
(didnt see if they actually ever did recover an AK47 tied to the shooting)

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, that military ammo sure is deadly [:|]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yeah, that military ammo sure is deadly [:|]
View Quote

SHHHHHHHH!!  Don't say too much, they might realize that Mil spec ammo is only meant to wound.  Imagine what would happen if they found out what hunting ammo could do?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Not that I disagree with the stupidity of his comment, but I did have some of the cheap, chinese AP rounds in my SKS that would occasionally exit telephone poles.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Typical media BS for the most part.  But an AK-47 can shoot through a wooden telephone poll.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I know an M2 Ball round(30-06) will go through a telephone pole.  I shot SA surpluss 5.56 from my AR through 3/8 mild steel.  

And hunting rounds are designed to do more damage than military rounds.  Let's hope the anit's never figure this out.  I completely disintegrated the front shoulders of a doe 2 years ago with a 139 SPBT out of my 280.  The front of the deer was like Jell-o
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Typical media BS for the most part.  But an AK-47 can shoot through a wooden telephone poll.
View Quote

Well,...my point was sort of how he pointed out that AK47s shoot through telephone poles, ([b]as if to say they are SO MUCH MORE POWERFULL, and DEADLY than rifles that fire CIVILLIAN rounds[/b])

[b]And what are you guys doing shooting up telephone poles anyway!!?...NO WONDER the damn cable company cant keep my damn service un-interrupted!![/b] [:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#8]
From reading this, I got my .22 and went outside to shoot a telephone pole. 3 out of 5 shots went strait through it. It was Canack .22LR High Velocity. Pathetic that it is a measuring stone.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
From reading this, I got my .22 and went outside to shoot a telephone pole. 3 out of 5 shots went strait through it. It was Canack .22LR High Velocity. Pathetic that it is a measuring stone.
View Quote

How close were you? [BD] I couldn't get my 22 to go through 3/4" plywood at 25 yards...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey my .45 ACP Black Talon went through my only pair of Levi's,into my leg (1/8in above the femoral artery)down my leg exiting aboe on the inside of my knee. (left leg). The wicked mindless cop killer Black Talon hit the floor,richocheting and imbedding in the ceiling. They are mindless killing Machines,now I use Corbons.[slaap]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I once heard the assault bullets are so deadly that some guy in New York was calling another guy in LA, and some guys with military style assault guns broke in and shot his phone.  The guy in LA was found dead an hour later - he had been shot THROUGH the phone lines!
Those assault weapons are deadly!  They are capable of long distance head shots!
And whats worse is the phone company can't do anything about it!
[BD]
View Quote

[lol]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I've seen that same show on the Discovery Channel.

Does this mean that non-military ammo is NOT deadly???
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#15]
5' maybe, if that.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Well...I was going to post a picture to illustrate just [b]HOW MUCH[/b] deadlier military ammo is than civillian ammo.

I sat one 7.62x39 FMJ round on the table, and surrounded it with several 30-06 soft point rounds to compare.
[b]BUT[/b] when I turned around to get my camera...The 30-06 rounds all [b]ran away and hid under the couch[/b].
Im STILL trying to coax them back into their box where they will feel safe.
And that 7.62x39 round just sits there smirking...Damn deadly sonofabitch.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well...I was going to post a picture to illustrate just [b]HOW MUCH[/b] deadlier military ammo is than civillian ammo.

I sat one 7.62x39 FMJ round on the table, and surrounded it with several 30-06 soft point rounds to compare.
[b]BUT[/b] when I turned around to get my camera...The 30-06 rounds all [b]ran away and hid under the couch[/b].
Im STILL trying to coax them back into their box where they will feel safe.
And that 7.62x39 round just sits there smirking...Damn deadly sonofabitch.
View Quote

I was able to get some lined up for a short period of time. I used an [i]empty[/i] 7.62x39 separated by a couple of 5.56 casings, one empty, one not, next to the .30-06.

Edit, here's a pic: [img]http://www.mortgagepoodle.com/comparison.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

R U sure about this??  If you have done it and seen it with you own eyes then I have to believe it.  But, I am having a hard time seeing this happen.  Tell. Poles are pretty sold wood, not sure what type it is but I don't think it's pine.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Is there a rule that says the bullet must pass through the center off the pole?

Kent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top