Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2003 8:46:38 PM EDT
My nephew is driving cross-country with a female friend ("She's *not* my girlfriend, Uncle Keith!!" [:D]) and made it here to visit for a few days. She'd never even *held* a firearm before and he wasn't about to complain about a little family outing.

Started her with the basic safety rules and range etiquette, then went through the operation of revolvers, semi-autos and the pump gun. We worked on stance, grip, breathing and sight picture with some dry-firing in the basement, then headed into national forestland to work with "live iron". She spent about an hour with the Buckmark and S&W M18 .22s, then wanted to try "that big one there" - the G21 .45ACP. Not only was she safe and a quick study, she was a damned good shot.

The .45 made her jump a bit but she was putting all of them in the black at about 10 yards by the time we were done. The 12 gauge scared the crap out of her but she put a few mag's worth just to get the feel.

Turns out she was actually *afraid* of guns before today and now wants to go again before they hit the road again. Ballsy chick and now a novice shooter itching for her 21st birthday in a few months so she can buy a pistol.

I'm feeling pretty good right now and not only because of the 4 stouts I knocked back with dinner. Another one for our side!

Keith C.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Good Job! Always fun to convert the "uninitiated".[:D]

the question is... would you hit it?[banana]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
the question is... would you hit it?[banana]
View Quote

I refuse to answer on the grounds it may get my ass kicked by my wife. But she *is* pretty frigging cute....
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice.[:)]

btw, do you have any pics? [:p]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:13:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Most excellent!  We need to work on making converts among the uninformed.  Time for me to go looking for a non-shooting friend!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:43:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I need to look for some cute newbies to take to my, I mean the range.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:47:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Nothing brings out the "dirty old man" reflex like having to, ahem, correct the shooting stance of a little 20-y-o, underdressed hottie on a 96-degree day. [naughty] And sorry - no scanner, no pics.

My next project is a educating a friend of mine about the AWB. She's an exec at - I suppose I should be discrete - a major communication/publishing corporation and she has to attend some award-thingy hosted by the chick that organized the Million Misguided Moms. I don't think she'd kill her career by picking a verbal fight at the thing but she's got enough integrity that she might subtly counter the bullshit one-on-one with other attendees.

Small victories add up. Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Well done!

Good luck with the fight with the Devil and her demons.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got a scanner.  Send me the pics I'll be more than happy to hook you up.

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL! I'll hit up my nephew for copies when he gets home.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#11]
thinking [:\]

...........shit, i dont think i even know anybody thats never handled a gun, my wife hadnt, but we fixed that
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#12]
good for you +1 for the good guys. why is it that every post involving a female has "i'd hit it" or "pics?" .... well damn it where are the pics!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top