Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2003 9:19:04 AM EDT
OK, here's a copy of the letter I sent about 2 weeks ago. No answer. Let's find out why.[;)]

My address

here

12 May 2003

Commanding Officer
Camp Perry
Camp Perry, Ohio

Dear Sir,

If I can get off of work this summer, I intend to shoot in the John C. Garand Match, even though I can’t hit a bull in the ass with a canoe paddle.

What I would like is permission to be accompanied by my Seeing Eye Cat. I have enclosed a picture of the little guy so you know he exists.

Over the years, I have found myself to be a better coach than rifleman, but I still enjoy shooting. During this time, I have become a master of First-Class excuses for third class shooting. From time to time, I’ve managed to help a fellow shooter from facing humiliation by supplying him with some of my better excuses. ($4.95 each, Visa, MC, Discover)

The problem with excuses is that you have to repeat yourself to everyone that asks you how you did. If I brought along the Seeing Eye Cat with me on his leash, it would be obvious enough so that people would not have to ask.

Is there any chance I could get a waiver for the ‘No Animals’ rule?

If I can’t bring my Seeing Eye Cat along, I guess I’ll just have to bring along my invisible Seeing Eye Dog.  I guess I don’t have to ask permission to bring him because it isn’t too likely that the MPs will catch him because he’s invisible.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Respectfully,

My name here

OK, Recon types please help with target location: We need the CO's email address. I can't seem to find it.

The rest of you ground pounders, remember this: The CO of Perry is one of the good guys. Be nice to him.

We don't want to give his chain a painful jerk, just a light, playful tug, so let's keep it light. Be polite and ask him why Mr.Black can't be accompanied by the SEC. No threats of angry stuff. Remember, he IS the CO of the base where we have our national matches and we DON'T want to piss him off.

If you want to poke fun at me(and/or my dismal marksmanship) in your letter, feel free.

Recon types: thanks in advance.

edited to add thanks to QuietShootr!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:22:21 AM EDT
[#1]
After reading a letter like that he was probably taken to the hospital to have his guts sown back in. LMAO!!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The CO of Perry is one of the good guys. Be nice to him.
View Quote

If this is the same ASSHOLE who won't let the Friends of Camp Perry hold their fundraiser shoot any more he can kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT so maybe the night crew can help me out.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]
COL Richard Joseph Willinger 614 336-6201 National Guard     [email][email protected] [/email]

Sic'm, boys!

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:37:04 AM EDT
[#5]
BTT to let you know there's a hot addy to write to.

thanks.

TRY THIS: Got it from CMP:  [email protected].

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Ummmmmmm....

What should we refer to you as in our emails?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
BTT to let you know there's a hot addy to write to.

thanks.

TRY THIS: Got it from CMP:  [email protected].

View Quote

Both of those addys will go to the same account.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#10]
thanks, guys!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#11]
[Homer] Doh! [/Homer]

Message sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top