Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2003 7:38:26 PM EDT
I did, once when I lived in Kodiak.

Wien Air Alaska used to do this all the time, years ago.

I partied too much in Seattle once and found out that I had no way to get back to Kodiak, so I called the bar I called home in Kodiak and had the bartender take up a 'collection', really a bunch of small loans. He sent someone down to the airport when the plane came in and paid for a ticket. I wasn't allowed to leave the plane until the ticket was paid.

I paid the loans back after I got back to work.

Another guy I knew did the same thing, but he didn't manage to get enough money scraped to buy him out of hock, so he had to fly back to Seattle!

I sure had fun when I was younger.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
From the thread title, I thought you were boxing yourself up and flying "cargo class"! (Now, THAT's a cheap ticket!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top