Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2003 4:17:46 PM EDT
An old charter boat captain gave my Dad a few coordinates for wrecks, but they are all Loran. Dad has a DGPS setup. Does anyone know of a way to convert Loran to DGPS?
 -Hobbit
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate that as I went crazy trying to find an artificial reef with Loran coordinates.  I ended up pulling a chart and guesstimating based on the chart.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
You know that a google search for loran can find all sorts of things...

[url]http://www.loran.org/Coordinates.htm[/url]
this is a link to Loran.org and they have conversion information.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Many thanks-
 I had actually seen that site before, but when I got to the "500 yard margin of error" portion, I figured that we'd be better off using depth charges to fish with. :(
 In some of the waters we fish, being off the wreck by 30 feet will put you out of the fish (if they're holding tight to structure).
 Thanks for the time... the search continues.
-Hobbit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top