Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2016 11:27:08 AM EDT
I did

I stopped at Dicks to pick up a just a spinner bait and a soft frog and saw the kayak leaning against the wall and bought it.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#1]
the amazon kayak thread was mo better.  

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck Dicks!

wait....

That didn't come out the way I planned.

wait....

Neither did that.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#3]
FBHO
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]
No.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#5]
No but I have gone in to buy a new jacket and came out with a new Harley instead
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No but I have gone in to buy a new jacket and came out with a new Harley instead
View Quote

For real?

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I have gone into a gun store to get a holster or ammo and walked out with several firearms...
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

Never?

It can be anything not just fishing stuff where you went in for a small purchase and ended up spending several hundred or several thousand dollars.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Pics of Kayak or it didn't....

You know the rest.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#10]
A few years ago I ended up buying a car on a pizza delivery, and I still got a tip out of it.  I also went into Lowe's to buy sheetrock but ended buying a discontinued, floor model Jacuzzi tub instead.  It was another none months before I got the sheetrock.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You know the rest.
View Quote

You don't believe me?

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I haven't done exactly what the OP described.

However, I will never EVER get drunk at an estate auction again.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I haven't done exactly what the OP described.

However, I will never EVER get drunk at an estate auction again.
View Quote

Lol.  Details, bro, we needs them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#14]
A guy walked into his local mega sporting good store, and asked to see the sales manager.  When the sales manager came over, the guy introduced himself by saying, "Hi, I'm your new top salesman."

The sales manager said, "Sorry, but we already have a full staff.  I don't need any new salesmen."

The guy said, "Look, take me on for the day as an unpaid volunteer.  If I don't prove that I have what it takes to be your best salesman, I'll walk away.  You don't even have to pay me for the day I spent here."

The sales manager thought for a moment, and then said, "Well, if you're that sure of yourself, I'll take you up on it."  He thought to himself, 'What could it hurt?  Maybe he really is a decent salesman.'

He got the guy a temporary name badge and left him to his own devices.  After a long day full of other business, he caught up to his new "unpaid" salesman.  "Well," he asked, "how many sales did you make?"

"Only one," the guy replied.

"One?" he asked, incredulously.  " I thought you were my new top salesman!  What did you sell?"

"Well, first I sold this guy a pack of fish hooks.  Then, I said 'You're gonna need a rod and reel for those' so I sold him a new rig. Then, I said 'You're gonna need a new cooler for all the fish you catch', so I sold him a new Yeti.  Then, I said 'Wait, you're never gonna fill up that Yeti fishing from the bank', and I sold him a boat.  And I said 'You're gonna need a new truck to pull your new boat', so I sold him a new F150.  Add in all the rigging and trailer and stuff, the total sale was up over eighty thousand bucks."

"Damn!" the sales manager exclaimed.  "You sold all that to a guy that only came in here for fish hooks?"  

"Well, actually, he only came in here looking for tampons for his wife.  I said 'Hell, looks like your weekend's fucked.  You might as well go fishing...' "
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#16]
The only things that usually force themselves on me are 75% off.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Dick's huh?
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Nope
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#19]
except replace Kayak with hooker......and spinnerbait and soft frog with blow........
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I never get a soft frog with a spinner.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#21]
'bout a month ago I had a laptop video dongle go bad on my wife when she was trying to watch Game of Thrones.  

I bought a new fucking living room.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You don't believe me?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You know the rest.

You don't believe me?

I've never known anyone who bought a kayak and didn't immediately want to show it off.

Mine's in the shed, but this is the model I got.  I love it (for reasonably flat water.  It's a hybrid canoe/kayak that can be trouble in big waves.  I do 99% of my yakking in calm water.)

Wilderness Commander 140 - note there isn't any dry storage, and it's not a self-bailing design.  Really more like a canoe.

Also, note the big longitudinal channels in the hull.  This thing tracks straight as an arrow, but turns like a container ship.  

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#23]
One of my best friends walked in to bass pro to buy a few baits as you described. He came back out with 3k in sidescan imaging. Said he felt like he blacked out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#24]
I kinda want one, but then I realize I'd have to drag it to the water and row it, and if I put a trolling motor on it, I'd have to put tags on it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Cant say as I have and I am tackle shopping all the time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought a kayak at dicks too today!
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#27]
not lately
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top