Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 8:20:11 AM EDT
...Charlie Company's job is likely to get harder in the coming days, when it will be asked to enforce its general's new weapons policy. It prohibits carrying concealed weapons, owning powerful weapons such as machine guns and shooting into the air, something that has been common across Baghdad in recent weeks.........

From this article: [url]http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/special_packages/iraq/5936567.htm [/url]

"No AK for you, Assam! Turn it in."
"But the bandits still have their AKs!"
"Too bad!"

CRC
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#1]
-MORE-

[b]...Iraqis will be able to register small-caliber arms to keep in their businesses or homes,[red] but will not be able to carry them outside,[/red] said the commander of U.S. forces in Iraq, Lt. Gen. David McKiernan....[/b]

The joy it must be to be a criminal in Iraq these days. It just keeps getting better and better.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:30:41 AM EDT
[#2]
-MORE-

[B]Earlier this week, weapons dealers at the bazaar dismissed the impending crackdown and said they would go on selling their wares no matter what U.S. officials do.

Lateef Abel Quadm said many Iraqis were forced to buy weapons to protect their homes because U.S. forces had failed to crack down on crime after the war.

"America created this chaos," he said as he leaned on a semi-automatic rifle. "Nobody will obey this order until there is peace in Iraq."[/B]

[url]http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/special_packages/iraq/5932408.htm [/url]

CRC

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:40:50 AM EDT
[#3]
-EVEN MORE-

[URL]http://www.boston.com/dailynews/143/world/US_authorities_to_clamp_down_o:.shtml [/URL]

[b]Lt. Gen. David McKiernan said  permits will be granted to keep guns at home. There will be limits on the type of weapon allowed and the bullet caliber, he said [/b]

Is this a preview of what will happen in the USA??

CRC
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I think it is I strongly feel that there will be a time in this country that all guns will be a no no
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, IF we are ever conquered by an invading foreign army, I have no doubt that they will probably want to disarm us.
This is because we would probably use OUR weapons to shoot at the occupying force of the invaders.
That's how it works.
You lose a war, you get screwed.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:51:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, IF we are ever conquered by an invading foreign army, I have no doubt that they will probably want to disarm us.
This is because we would probably use OUR weapons to shoot at the occupying force of the invaders.
That's how it works.
You lose a war, you get screwed.

View Quote

Most Iraqis didn't shoot at us and ,in fact, want us to invade and dispose of Saddam.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Most Iraqis didn't shoot at us and ,in fact, want us to invade and dispose of Saddam.
View Quote

Then they should tell us where the guys are who keep sniping at our troops.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:02:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Amazing.
It's as though people had never heard the term: "WAR".
They are a conquered people.  They lost.
Yeah, we describe them as "liberated", but that's just political rhetoric.
Our troops met the most resistance from fighters dressed as civilians.
So if they see a civilian with a gun, what are they to think?
Common sense.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Amazing.
It's as though people had never heard the term: "WAR".
They are a conquered people.  They lost.
Yeah, we describe them as "liberated", but that's just political rhetoric.
Our troops met the most resistance from fighters dressed as civilians.
So if they see a civilian with a gun, what are they to think?
Common sense.
View Quote

These fools would have shit their britches if they'd been alive during World War II.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#10]
good, the less they have the better
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't turn mine in. The U.S. has no right to disarm the populace. Interestingly, the Kurds will get to keep theirs as it currently stands. We are acting like the U.N.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Actually, we're letting them keep their firearms, they just  can't carry in public, for now.

[b]"Small arms -- including automatic rifles firing ammunition up to 7.62mm, semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and pistols -- may be kept in homes and in a place of business, but may not be taken out in public, it said."[/b]

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A34693-2003May24.html[/url]

Sounds like the average Iraqi has a better oppurtunity to exercise RKBA than I do in NYC, or those of you in California. [:)]

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wouldn't turn mine in. The U.S. has no right to disarm the populace.
View Quote

Sure we do. The right of conquest.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#14]
The GIs need practice for when they start doing over here.
GG
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Its a war [whacko] They lost and some are pissed about it. Those people what to kill you and me and any american they see.

They lost the WAR and therefore they have only the rights we give them. We will let them form their own goverment in do time. I am sure they will turn on us in the name of allah sooner or later.

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
GG
View Quote

EXACTLY! Someone gets it.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Actually, we're letting them keep their firearms, they just  can't carry in public, for now.

[b]"Small arms -- including automatic rifles firing ammunition up to 7.62mm, semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and pistols -- may be kept in homes and in a place of business, but may not be taken out in public, it said."[/b]

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A34693-2003May24.html[/url]

Sounds like the average Iraqi has a better oppurtunity to exercise RKBA than I do in NYC, or those of you in California. [:)]

View Quote

Then this contradicts the articles I posted. They state that guns will confiscated without permit. Hmm.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Its a war [whacko] They lost and some are pissed about it. Those people what to kill you and me and any american they see.

They lost the WAR and there for they have only the rights we give them. We will let them form their own goverment in do time. I am sure they will turn on us in the name of allah sooner or later.
View Quote

I would say it was a war over oil with WMD as a big fat excuse to move in. So they lost no war we moved in and took over.

It is total BS! Those people should not be disarmed and we should not be there. How would you like me to come over and take your AR?

I think the vast majority of Iraq hated us in the first place and would rather have their old government back.

Some of you need to figure out the big picture. We don't need to run around and liberate other countries. We don't need to occupy other peoples land.

We should get the hell out IMHOP.

RANT OFF

mzzlebrk
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
GG
View Quote

EXACTLY! Someone gets it.

CRC
View Quote

Gets what? Lithium treatments?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would say it was a war over oil with WMD as a big fat excuse to move in. So they lost no war we moved in and took over.
View Quote

First off you're wrong, the war wasn't about oil. THEN, however, you go from saying "it was a war about oil" to "they lost no war."  Ummm...if there was a war, they definitely lost it.  Perhaps you gave up logic when you lost all those vowels in your screen name...

It is total BS! Those people should not be disarmed and we should not be there. How would you like me to come over and take your AR?
View Quote

If you conquered my country, you would be within your rights to try.  My only recourse would be to shoot at you, which might or might not be suicide.  To quote Hemingway, defeat brings worse things than can ever happen in war.

I think the vast majority of Iraq hated us in the first place and would rather have their old government back.
View Quote

Sounds like a good reason to disarm the vast majority of the stupid assholes then.

Some of you need to figure out the big picture. We don't need to run around and liberate other countries. We don't need to occupy other peoples land.
View Quote

But we can and we will and we did, so get over it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

First off you're wrong, the war wasn't about oil. THEN, however, you go from saying "it was a war about oil" to "they lost no war."  Ummm...if there was a war, they definitely lost it.  Perhaps you gave up logic when you lost all those vowels in your screen name...

View Quote

If you conquered my country, you would be within your rights to try.  My only recourse would be to shoot at you, which might or might not be suicide.  To quote Hemingway, defeat brings worse things than can ever happen in war.

View Quote

Sounds like a good reason to disarm the vast majority of the stupid assholes then.

View Quote

View Quote

War's happen when both sides participate. There was no war. We rolled in and occupied.

Get over what there Mr. Hitler? So I should get over that we can charge around and do whatever we want? So our consitution should only apply to the USA and not anyone else. Is that not a double standard?

There are no weapons! There is no reasone to be there. I was all for it when I bielived Mr. Bush but now I think he is full of crap.

OIL! OIL! OIL! MONEY! MONEY! MONEY!

We don't honestly care about liberating anyone. Those people hate us.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

War's happen when both sides participate. There was no war. We rolled in and occupied.
View Quote

I guess all those guys that were killed by the enemy are just imagining it then, huh Einstein?

Get over what there Mr. Hitler?
View Quote

Ooooh, you called me Hitler...I shudder with your rapier wit.

So I should get over that we can charge around and do whatever we want? So our consitution should only apply to the USA and not anyone else. Is that not a double standard?
View Quote

No, in fact, it isn't.  The Constitution is a social contract between the government and its citizens.  It doesn't apply to other countries.

There are no weapons!
View Quote

Just because we haven't found them yet doesn't mean they don't exist.

OIL! OIL! OIL! MONEY! MONEY! MONEY!
View Quote

I bet your debate style impresses all the girls...

We don't honestly care about liberating anyone. Those people hate us.
View Quote

And I hate them, so we're even.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

[red]Sounds like a good reason to disarm the vast majority of the stupid assholes then.[/red]

View Quote

View Quote

RikWriter..... I here by at this time ask your permission to use the red verbage as my sig. line for a period of time as of yet unknown !

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Seems to me to be a perfectly reasonable INTERIM policy. Get the heavy gear off the streets for a while, allow people to have guns in their homes for self-defense, and allow new government to reformulate policy once things calm down.

I don't see what the BFD is here. Seems more than fair considering what we COULD do.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Seems to me to be a perfectly reasonable INTERIM policy. Get the heavy gear off the streets for a while, allow people to have guns in their homes for self-defense, and allow new government to reformulate policy once things calm down.

I don't see what the BFD is here. Seems more than fair considering what we COULD do.
View Quote

The problem is disarming innocent Iraqis while the criminals Saddam let out jail,Fedayeen, Bathists and thugs coming in from Iran run around. The police can't be everywhere and neither can USGIs! Yeesh!

Also the US Govt wants to take away all AK-47s and that is what most Iraqis have for protection. Not 1911s and 870s.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#26]
At Ft. Polk, Louisiana, for years they have been training US AND foreign troops in the fine art of "civilian pacification" in their Urban Warfare Center.  They have a village where they hire locals to act as villagers.  They surround the town, shut off all roads, search vehicles, line up people in straight lines and pat them down, kick in doors and search homes, etc.

I heard a rumor of a shooting incident one night, said to be quickly hushed up.  They setup on a road OFF the base, and apparently stopped some good old boys that were not in on the game.  Shooting ensued, and the soldiers lost.  I suppose blanks don't do well against live ammo and ARMED civilians.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The problem is disarming innocent Iraqis while the criminals Saddam let out jail,Fedayeen, Bathists and thugs coming in from Iran run around. The police can't be everywhere and neither can USGIs! Yeesh!

Also the US Govt wants to take away all AK-47s and that is what most Iraqis have for protection. Not 1911s and 870s.
View Quote

Actually, what was listed on Fox News earlier today was any weapon OVER 7.62mm, machine guns, grenades and rocket launchers.  Unless they meant "automatic rifles" when they said "machine guns" then AKs would be allowed.  But actually Iraqis have access to a good many different brands of pistols, rifles and shotguns.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Turn in your shit you ain't gonna get it back.

[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/870749.asp?0cv=CB10&cp1=1[/url]

It said weapons turned over to U.S.-led forces would either be destroyed or set aside for use by the new Iraqi army or police forces.
View Quote

Keep this in mind when it happens here.

“After June 14, individuals caught with unauthorized weapons will be detained and face criminal charges.”
View Quote

Criminal charges eh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top