Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 7:15:17 PM EDT
[b]International Trends [/b]
The United Nations is currently working on a world-wide ban of military assault weapons. Around the world, while definitions vary, both fully and semi automatic assault weapons are banned in most industrialized countries. Even in the US, most military assault weapons were banned under President Clinton’s Crime Bill (1994). The Crime Bill defines semi automatic assault weapons both with a list of 19 specifically banned weapons, and with objective criteria designed to ban the further production of these weapons clearly intended and accessorized for military or crime use. The Crime Bill also banned the future manufacture and import of large-capacity ammunition magazines holding more than 10 bullets.

CRC

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[b]International Trends [/b]
The United Nations is currently working on a world-wide ban of military assault weapons. Around the world, while definitions vary, both fully and semi automatic assault weapons are banned in most industrialized countries. Even in the US, most military assault weapons were banned under President Clinton’s Crime Bill (1994). The Crime Bill defines semi automatic assault weapons both with a list of 19 specifically banned weapons, and with objective criteria designed to ban the further production of these weapons clearly intended and accessorized for military or crime use. The Crime Bill also banned the future manufacture and import of large-capacity ammunition magazines holding more than 10 bullets.

CRC

View Quote

so is this your opinion? I would tend to agree but would fully agree with a link
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I really hope the UN is working at it. That means nothing will never actually get done.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't own any assault weapons.

cynic
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
What's an 'assault weapon'?  I own sport utility rifles.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
ANd to think -

I was told to hush up about the gun-hating, freedom hating UN when y'all were fawning over UN Res 1441 as a reason to go to war against Iraq.

Good to see a few of you have come back to your senses.

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ANd to think -

I was told to hush up about the gun-hating, freedom hating UN when y'all were fawning over UN Res 1441 as a reason to go to war against Iraq.

View Quote

I've never lost my senses about the UN

CRC
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
ANd to think -

View Quote
You weren't blasting the UN, you were bashing Bush.

No one here has defended the UN that I know of.  They sucked then, before then, and continue to do so.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:57:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Just like our own Congress, there are many, many idiots at home in the UN.
They often come up with far fetched ideas and suggestions, which can never and will never be implimented.
That some of you get alarmed by this is funny.

If Cynthia McKinney had said in an interview, that she would like to see all firearms banned, would you then turn around and post:

[b]CONGRESS WANTS TO BAN ALL FIREARMS[/b]??

Well, you might, but that would silly.
Why then, when some bureaucrat from Botswana makes a similar statement, do you announce:

[b]"The UN Hard At Work To Ban Your Assault Weapons" [/b]??

Improve your critical thinking skills, to avoid these blunders in the future.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#9]
... the way I see the UN flag.

[img]http://members.cox.net/stevenaz1/UN.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#10]
WW - Nicely done.

Oh, and I only own Homeland Defense Weapons.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Have any of you ever spent much time surfing around the [url=http://www.un.org/english/]UN Website[/url]???

My GAWD!!!! Talk about a mass of endless bureaucracy!!! [:O]

Nothing but an enormous, multi-headed behemoth of committees, commissions and councils stuffed with hundreds and thousands of nameless, faceless, nationless, unelected, unaccountable, naval-picking diplomats all trying to make every puny little gripe or cause a world-wide (i.e. American) problem that can only be solved by a world-wide (i.e. American) commitment of millions of billions of dollars.

Ack!!! [puke] Talk about a twisted, tangled clusterfuck of counterproductive redtape and unentractable bureaucracy!!! [whacko]

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#12]
[img]http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL106/755827/1309945/21441733.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know what a "naval" is. Fill me in?

BTW: THREE WORDS:

[size=6]NUKE THE UN![/size=6]

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You weren't blasting the UN, you were bashing Bush.

No one here has defended the UN that I know of.  They sucked then, before then, and continue to do so.
View Quote

I wasn't blasting the UN? What planet have you been on??? I am prolly the single loudest anti-UN voice on this forum.

And No, LArry I wasn't bashing Bush. Never have, and likely never will UNLESS he signs the AWB renewal. AS I said before, I think he has been an EXCELLENT President.

Y'all were citing a UN resolution (1441) as if a UN resolution means jack shit.

And I'll say again as I said before...

Citing ANY UN resolution establishes UN credibilty for ALL their resolutions.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#16]
The UN is a fucking joke and unfortunately we fun most of it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

That you don't is TRAGIC.

The single greatest threat to American COnstitutional freedoms and sovereignty is the UN.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#18]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=4631[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Sea Dweller -

Like I said, the SINGLE greatest threat is the UN.

YOur pic would be the COMBINED greatest threat....

[:D]

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Dave Kopel. This guy is probably the best essayist on the 2nd, and the KBA that I know of.  He's written many essays on the UN's quest to eliminate gun ownership from all but "legitimate" nations (i.e., members of the UN, many of whom are brutal, oppresive tyrannies).

Here's a typical piece: [url]http://www.nationalreview.com/kopel/kopel080601.shtml[/url]

his archive is here.  [url]http://www.nationalreview.com/kopel/kopel-archive.asp[/url]

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:19:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The single greatest threat to American COnstitutional freedoms and sovereignty is the UN.

View Quote

No it's not.

The biggest threat is the one you won't see, because you're too busy wasting energies on this type of paranoia.

Remember a couple of years ago, when members of this site posted pics of Texas Guard trucks, painted in UN colors, returning from duty in Bosnia.
Those dimwits tried to claim that this was the beginning of the UN invasion.
Some of those same morons are still active members, who post regularly about the UN.

If we allow them, and paranoids like yourself the be the "Paul Reveres" of our time, we're doomed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Why does everyone think that FDR was so great? The UN is all his fugly ugly ugly fugly ugly (can I say ugly again?) wife's fault. She was a lesbian and a communist. Damn that ugly bitch and her waaaaay too overrated moron husband. FDR never solved the problems during the great depression, he did help a bit, but the depression did not end until the US entered WW2 and the industry geared up for war. FDR is the biggest fake who ever ran for prez. It is beyond me why anyone likes him to this day. Eleanor is an ugly bitch!!!

Hey look where the ugly ho's place is!!!:
Eleanor Roosevelt Institute, 1899 [size=5]Gaylord Street[/size=5], Denver, CO 80206      

I bet she was a [size=5]pederass[/size=5] ('The Big Lebowski')

Maddox is right: "If you work in an office with lots of people, chances are that you work with a person who hangs pictures up that their kids have drawn. The pictures are always of some stupid flower or a tree with wheels. These pictures suck; I could draw pictures much better. In fact, I can spell, do math and run faster than your kids. So being that my skills are obviously superior to those of children, I've taken the liberty to judge art work done by other kids on the internet." http://maddox.xmission.com/irule.html

[img]http://www.crockerfarm.org/ac/rm02/biography/images/elroosevelt.jpg[/img]
WTF is that supposed to be? An incestual relationship (which it was)? Eleanor is almost as ugly (almost) in this picture as in real life.

[img]http://www.wic.org/pic/roosevel.gif[/img]
Look at this mutant freak.

[img]http://personalweb.smcvt.edu/smahady/images/ER/ercove1.jpg[/img]
A lesbian moment.

[img]http://www.lucidcafe.com/library/95oct/95octgifs/eleanor2.gif[/img]
Get some plastic surgery, bitch.

[img]http://newdeal.feri.org/feri/images/ak07.GIF[/img]
NUKE HER!!! (and the UN)

[img]http://www.greatamericanwomen.com/roosevelt.jpg[/img]
yeah, that's her ugly mug.

[img]http://womenshistory.about.com/library/graphics/er/060000a.jpg[/img]
She's like 20-something here! She looks like the devil!!!!

[img]http://aboutww2.com/images/164.jpg[/img]
Hey it's Fidel Castro after a sex change!

[img]http://aboutww2.com/images/083.jpg[/img]
Trying to get a girl for the night.

DAMN is she ugly....

Dumb UN founding ...... (you fill in the blank)
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Huh?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I think Doggonit just blew a gasket there or something.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Have any of you ever spent much time surfing around the [url=http://www.un.org/english/]UN Website[/url]???

My GAWD!!!! Talk about a mass of endless bureaucracy!!! [:O]

Nothing but an enormous, multi-headed behemoth of committees, commissions and councils stuffed with hundreds and thousands of nameless, faceless, nationless, unelected, unaccountable, naval-picking diplomats all trying to make every puny little gripe or cause a world-wide (i.e. American) problem that can only be solved by a world-wide (i.e. American) commitment of millions of billions of dollars.

Ack!!! [puke] Talk about a twisted, tangled clusterfuck of counterproductive redtape and unentractable bureaucracy!!! [whacko]

View Quote

Yes, and over 90% of our Environmental regulations, logging, and fishing, as well as Construction, (read zoning), laws come straight from them, as a result of our signing on to their treaties. They are quite busy, and sucessful, little beavers.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Remember a couple of years ago, when members of this site posted pics of Texas Guard trucks, painted in UN colors, returning from duty in Bosnia.
Some of those same morons are still active members, who post regularly about the UN.
View Quote

Uh, NO, I DO NOT remember any such thing, and frankly you choose a pretty silly example to make your point.

Everyone knows the big threat is NOT from an invading army.

L:berty is not a sprint, but a marathon. Liberty is SELDOM threatened by some new, out-of-the-blue threat, but rather thru the long grinding slowly turn up the heat under the pan of water until you boil the frog gradual erosion of our rights.

The greatest threat to liberty and freedom is NOT some presently unknown threat, is the erosion of rights via "consensus" and legislation. AKA the UN.

If we allow them, and paranoids like yourself the be the "Paul Reveres" of our time, we're doomed.
View Quote

I am in GOOD company with my "paranoia" much like Jefferson, Franklin and Washington who all KNEW the enemy was in plain sight (the British, via taxation without representation)

And that is EXACTLY what the UN is - legislation without representation.

Seriously, Cinncinnatus -

From the greater body of your posts on this topic, you have ALWAYS come across as PRO-UN. Do you work for the UN, or something, or have some affailiation therein???

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The ONLY threat to America's Constitutional Freedoms is the ignorance and apathy of the American public.

(You may quote, with attribution)
View Quote

APAthy is NOT a threat. By definition it CANNOT be, as it is a immobile, do nothing attitude. Immobile attitudes by definition CANNOT threaten.

Apathy merely does not nothing to keep the threat from doing its damage.

The threat is STILL the globalist, UN mindset, that would make US COnstitutional freedoms subservient to global "norms."

THAT is the threat. You can quote me. [:D]

Besides, you ALWAYS disagreee with me - mostly out of the fact that I said it, fot the sake of disagreeing with me, and not as to content of what I said.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Wrong.

The ONLY threat to America's Constitutional Freedoms is the ignorance and apathy of the American public.

(You may quote, with attribution)
View Quote

It would seem to me, much of that apathy is "educated" into our young, in the govt controlled "school" system. Look at who is teaching our young, (NEA members), now look at the relationship between the UN, and the NEA. Read the NEA "platform", and the UN education agenda. Now look at the "school" curriculum.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It would seem to me, much of that apathy is "educated" into our young, in the govt controlled "school" system. Look at who is teaching our young, (NEA members), now look at the relationship between the UN, and the NEA. Read the NEA "platform", and the UN education agenda. Now look at the "school" curriculum.
View Quote
Aww shit! [V]

What ya' have to go and do that for?

Now I'm REALLY depressed.

On the upside, there's still a lot of good, conservative, AMERICAN-thinking kids coming out of Pubic Ejukation - just not as many as there used to be.

It's all in the family. Break that up and the kids are ripe for the taking.

Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:41:37 AM EDT
[#31]
garandman, go back and read my post from which you cut and pasted:
View Quote

You must try to be a little more honest in your smear attempts.  Context is everything.

Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Uh, NO, I DO NOT remember any such thing, and frankly you choose a pretty silly example to make your point.

Everyone knows the big threat is NOT from an invading army.

L:berty is not a sprint, but a marathon. Liberty is SELDOM threatened by some new, out-of-the-blue threat, but rather thru the long grinding slowly turn up the heat under the pan of water until you boil the frog gradual erosion of our rights.

The greatest threat to liberty and freedom is NOT some presently unknown threat, is the erosion of rights via "consensus" and legislation. AKA the UN.

View Quote

I am in GOOD company with my "paranoia" much like Jefferson, Franklin and Washington who all KNEW the enemy was in plain sight (the British, via taxation without representation)

And that is EXACTLY what the UN is - legislation without representation.

Seriously, Cinncinnatus -

From the greater body of your posts on this topic, you have ALWAYS come across as PRO-UN. Do you work for the UN, or something, or have some affailiation therein???
View Quote

Spare me your petty accusations, and PLEASE stop this embarrassing attempts to inflate your position by wrapping yourself in the memories of [b]"Jefferson, Franklin and Washington"[/b].
I challenge you- plumb the depths of AR15.COM's search engine and show where I "support" the UN.
Put up, or shut your mouth and apologize for lying.  

My point is now, and has always been, that the "biggest threat" to our constitution is OURSELVES, and not an outside entity like the UN.  We all know this.

You continuously fail to understand is this:
Some of these anti-UN rants are based on lies and stupidity.  This one is no exception.  No link, no source, just inane ramblings.  
The post I cited about the UN vehicles staging for the big invasion received the same reaction that YOU are giving this post now.
You attack those who find the post to be overly paranoid, and you defend the positon of the inane poster.
Even IF you emotionally like what these types of posts have to say, you INTELLECTUALLY should owe it to yourself to point out fallacy when you see it.  Or not.  Maybe the truth isn't as important as YOUR message.  But then you again fail to understand that no good cause is served well by lies and misinformation.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I have to concur with raf. He is correct on all points. After all, he has an American flag AND a Garand in his avatar picture. That is as American as the 4th of July and apple pie with vanilla ice cream. Ooops, I am blathering on, must go feed the marmots.....

Doggonit.out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think Doggonit just blew a gasket there or something.
View Quote

Nah, it was just leaky....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top