Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 3:27:01 AM EDT
One of the guys at work just became a victim of a nazi style witch hunt at work, and is now out of a job.  He's trying to make do with some odd jobs on the side.  Does anyone know of anybody that needs someone with 12 plus years of avation maintenance experience?  I really want to help this guy out since he stuck his neck out to save my ass once as a FNG.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:25:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear it, man. I wish I knew some way to help. I don't know too many people in your biz. There is you, of course.[:)]

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Your friend might check with one of the many small FBOs in the Atlanta area (assuming that's where he's at, too). Although he's not going to make the kind of bucks he made at a major carrier, he'll be working on airplanes every day. And, to make up for the low pay, he may get flying lessons real cheap!

Aircravf mechanics have a lot of good skills that are portable - generaly well organized workers, meticulous, hard workers. Not to mention the mechanical skills.

I wish you and your friend good luck. Here in KC, I have a brother-in-law and several friends who wrench for [s]TWA[/s] American, and I'm afraid that soon many of them will be on hte street.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top