Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2003 9:24:19 PM EDT
Just curious. I ask for advice and tend to follow it till I sense a need to do otherwise.
Some people seem to do the opposite of what you tell them, after they ASK for advice.
Go figure. [banghead]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I make a point to read books others recommend, because no one ever reads what I recommend [:(!]

I'm about to take a friend's advice to buy a new car even though I cant really afford it, because I constantly bitch about my gas-guzzling death trap.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just curious. I ask for advice and tend to follow it till I sense a need to do otherwise.
Some people seem to do the opposite of what you tell them, after they ASK for advice.
Go figure. [bounce]
View Quote

A lot of times people just want reaffirmation of their own conclusions about what to do. That way - if it goes bad - they (a) don't feel as alone in making a bad choice, and/or (b) they can shift some guilt on the person who's advice they took.

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#3]
This is too weird. I was just talking to a friend about the SAME EXACT TOPIC not more than 10 minutes ago. [:D]

First what I do is get AS MUCH advice as possible...lets say a car mechanic... which car would you go for with the least repairs. And take that in consideration. I would NEVER EVER take a salesman's advice.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I do not ask for advice and for some reason my friends seldom offer any....

t
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I usually ask for an 'opinion' rather than advice.
Then, I'll use it depending on how I need to justify what I'm doing.
Bending opinions to justify the actions is my typically warped way of getting what I want...[:D]
Top Top