Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2003 6:13:04 PM EDT
I'm looking for a sandblaster that runs off of air. I need it for repainting some old farm tractors. They were my grandfathers and i'm trying to get them restored. I'm looking for something portable and well made but not too expensive. They don't have to be big industrial sized ones. What are some good brand names to look for?
Thanks
Brick
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Here in SC we have a Northern Tool outlet that sells all sizes of sand blasters. I recently paid 50 bucks for a 50 pound capacity sandblaster that I used to sandblast a car frame with. It came with the hose and nozzle. Tank is made of heavy plastic which rolls around on two lawn mower wheels. Works real good. Used three 50 lb bags of Black Diamond sand ($4.99 a bag). Took the paint down to the metal in a nano second.

Panzer Out

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Small world Brick, my father and uncle just bought an old Farmall 300 that they are going to restore.  They are looking for a compressor for a sandblaster they just bought.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Chokey where you at in OH? I'm getting ready to paint a 1954 Ford NAA/Jubilee. My grandpa got it new back in 54. When he passed away I got it. Now I'm slowly getting it restored, it saw a alot of farmwork in its time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The tractor is at my Grandmothers/Uncles farm just west of Lancaster on Route 188.  My dad just had the radiator repaired and the rusted gas tanked cleaned out.  Where are you located at?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm on the east side, Harrison county. I like the farmalls too, my friend has a nice farmall wd9.

What would be the best type of sand to use to take off the greese and old paint?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top