Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/19/2003 11:11:52 AM EDT
Have any of you tried any of the 'dating' services on the internet?  If so, how did it work out?  Successful or not?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Tried it a couple years ago, it actually worked, in that I got a date with a reasonably attractive brunette (teacher, lived alone, could hold an intelligent conversation).  She didn't like the fact that I was so busy, since at the time I worked nights and also went to school full time.  I met my fiancee (a redhead)[naughty] shortly thereafter, but it was nice since it had been a while since I had even gone on a date.  Have a decent picture of yourself ready to post since most womenz expect that.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#2]
SWM ISO SWF.  32 yo professional male looking for like female (21-31) for romantic walks to change targets and spending chilly winter nights reloading.  Never married and I have no baggage or children, just two cats that always smell like CLP.  Very sensitive and always ready to talk about guns, the 2nd Amendment and race cars.  Would like to spend time with SWF and maybe a friend for room entry drills and after action "reviews".  Nothing kinky, just some MARPAT lingerie.  Please email if inetrested and forward picture of gunsafe.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a buddy that has seen more ass than a New York taxi cab, and it is all because of internet dating.  I prefer to meet em in person, but you can do quite well.

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Its very easy, so are the womenz.  Its not hard to get in touch literally with the horny but no relationship types.  Just were many condoms.  But its amazing how many are out there and easy it is to meet people.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I did it once and met a nice girl.  She was a hot 19 year old blonde; I was 24.  We enjoyed each other's company for a few months, and the sex was great.  We parted company as friends.  We liked each other a lot (besides the sex  [;)]), but we were at different places in life and had different goals.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I met my wife throught the internet, but through a singles board, not a dating service.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
 Have a decent picture of yourself ready to post since most womenz expect that.  
View Quote

I don't think Ogre 4070 is looking for a woman.[;)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah well i have been thinking about doing that.  i havent had anyluck for a while...sooo i think sometime after i start my job (the one i am still looking for) i will put up somthing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had excelent luck with internet dating and inface met my fiancee' through a dating service.  Just chat with the person for a while before you're sure you want to meet up in person.

excelent site.  Free to register only pay if you want to communicate.

www.lavalife.com
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#10]
whats the point of regestering if you cant communicate
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Finally, someone who doesn't assume that all posters on here are male!  And you are correct, I'm not looking for a woman [:)].
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#12]
...geez....you'd think poon was all people use online dating sites for.....

Quoted:
whats the point of regestering if you cant communicate
View Quote

Some places limit you to viewing only x number of ads per day if you're not registered. That way, you can get the full view before plunking down the cash?

Quoted:
Have any of you tried any of the 'dating' services on the internet?  If so, how did it work out?  Successful or not?
View Quote

I guess it depends on how you define 'successful'. I have a friend at work who does the online dating thing regularly, and we end up talking about it quite a bit.

Overall, it's like the old saying.....you get out what you put in. He's met a number of women...one he dated for close to a year. Nothing too long term, but he doesn't have regrets over any of it, and I think he's still friends with two or three.

Bottom line....a good pic is an absolute must. A good pic and a dull profile will go miles beyond a bad pic with a good profile. Chose honesty over fancy in describing yourself, and above all be up front and honest about what you are looking for. I lost count of the number of women he 'screened' (as in, chatted up but never asked out)....you take a little time, and invest a little conversation work, and you can go a long way weeding out the 'undesireables'.

The only downside to it is cost. I think he pays something like 25.00 a month for Match.com. Why not go for it....so long as you use common sense, there's not a lot to lose, and it sure beats clubbing...
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Finally, someone who doesn't assume that all posters on here are male!  And you are correct, I'm not looking for a woman [:)].
View Quote

Wow, sorry Ogre 4070-what a faux pas
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I met my current girlfriend online.  Matchmaker I think was the one we used.  It's been 2 years, she's great and we're moving to VA together.

Just adding my success to the mix.  GL and do LOTS of talking back and forth to get a feel for them before you even go for the phone.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I tried it but I wasn't happy with the results. Alot of the women (at Match.com) tend to misrepresent themsevles in their profiles. They'll say that their build is average but they'll include a picture which shows that their build is above and beyond average. That goes a long way in showing that they are not honest.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I met my wife as a result of an ad placed at the old love@aol site. Kind of weird, we had seen each other about a year prior. She had been my Mom's nurse when she had surgery on her thyroid. I went through a bunch of girls before finding a keeper. One weekend I went out with four different girls. Why not try it?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I tried it but I wasn't happy with the results. Alot of the women (at Match.com) tend to misrepresent themsevles in their profiles. They'll say that their build is average but they'll include a picture which shows that their build is above and beyond average. That goes a long way in showing that they are not honest.
View Quote

I am sure some of the men do the same thing.  But I agree, if a person lies about their looks and then post a picture that proves they are lying, why believe anything they say.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I have been tempted to try myself here.  I got some bad stories from dating already, may aswell add some more.  Maybe I'll get lucks and she will chop me up and kill me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They are all FAT.  Fat that is. [:X]
View Quote

Who is fat?  All of the men on there?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I have never met anyone from a dating site, but I have from chat rooms and shit like that.  Couple of thoughts:
-Don't even bother with anyone that just posts a picture of their head, or even worse their head at a strange angle. These people are fat, ugly, or just plain fucked up looking.  If you are too, then that might be ok.
-Be honest.  If you are fat, ugly, have kids, take care of a sick old grandpa, whatever the hell is wrong with you, be upfront about it.  I'm a tall skinny asshole with tattoos, guns, and a Harley, and I tell women that right from the get-go.  Nobody is going to tell me later that I lied about who I was.
-Everyone on the internet is fucked up.  If you're on there looking you're fucked up too though, so that's ok.  When I was online before I was going through a tough time in my life and used it as a booster.  I'm on again now mostly because my girlfriend gave me the boot a couple of months ago.  It's a good place to meet a rebound chick or 10.  Just be aware that most of the people are rebounding.

If all that didn't scare ya off, I'll post some more later. haha.  By the way, if you're a girl looking, most of the guys, I'd say 99%, are looking to get laid and that's it.  The ones that say they aren't are too.  I've had the most luck by convincing these women that I'm not looking for sex when in fact that's exactly what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#23]
If all that didn't scare ya off, I'll post some more later. haha. By the way, if you're a girl looking, most of the guys, I'd say 99%, are looking to get laid and that's it. The ones that say they aren't are too. I've had the most luck by convincing these women that I'm not looking for sex when in fact that's exactly what I'm looking for.
View Quote

Please, tell me more!!

Well, duh!  Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't you say 99% of men are just looking to get laid, be it on the internet or face to face?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#25]
hmmm I posted the same question about 6 months ago. though Im male.
Still havent tryed it but maby.

So is everyone in agreement that Match.com is the best dating site or is it just the most expensive?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#26]
My best friend met his wife in a chat room...
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:20:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If all that didn't scare ya off, I'll post some more later. haha. By the way, if you're a girl looking, most of the guys, I'd say 99%, are looking to get laid and that's it. The ones that say they aren't are too. I've had the most luck by convincing these women that I'm not looking for sex when in fact that's exactly what I'm looking for.
View Quote

Please, tell me more!!

Well, duh!  Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't you say 99% of men are just looking to get laid, be it on the internet or face to face?
View Quote

I guess what I should have said is that it will be more obvious.  Women I've talked to online have had men send them messages and emails that are blatant and graphic.  Just like on here, alot of people get brave behind a computer screen.  I was just trying to prepare you for getting replies like "wanna fuck?".
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:44:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Please, tell me more!!

View Quote

I think your # may be a bit on the low side. [sex]
View Quote

Yeah, I think so too.  I am trying to figure out what the other 1% are looking for [:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:34:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Match.com sucks  Search engine is shot to hell people suck etc.......  Go to Lavalife.com  You'll have better luck there
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:35:28 AM EDT
[#30]
I am getting married friday.....we met at [url]www.hotornot.com[/url]

She is a gem...beautiful and successful...

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:05:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Ogre 4070, you may be missing out on the best dating service going!  If you indicate you are "looking" on this site you are likely to be deluged with offers.  At least you have a couple things in common from the get-go; guns and AR15.

I suspect most everyone on these dating sites are looking for sex.  Most people in mature relationships are interested in that.  The question is, is that ALL they want or do they want a more complete relationship?  Hell, if sex is ALL you want, it is cheaper to buy it than "wine & dine" it.   At my point in life I still enjoy sex but it is no longer a compulsion like when one is 16!

Some person is going to get RICH by creating a site that caters to those who want to date people with an interest in guns.  GB is missing a golden opportunity - AR15 dating.  Charge a fee, allow a unique username and off we go!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:35:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ogre 4070, you may be missing out on the best dating service going!  If you indicate you are "looking" on this site you are likely to be deluged with offers.  At least you have a couple things in common from the get-go; guns and AR15.

I suspect most everyone on these dating sites are looking for sex.  Most people in mature relationships are interested in that.  The question is, is that ALL they want or do they want a more complete relationship?  Hell, if sex is ALL you want, it is cheaper to buy it than "wine & dine" it.   At my point in life I still enjoy sex but it is no longer a compulsion like when one is 16!

Some person is going to get RICH by creating a site that caters to those who want to date people with an interest in guns.  GB is missing a golden opportunity - AR15 dating.  Charge a fee, allow a unique username and off we go!!
View Quote

I dunno, I haven't been impressed with the quality I see at the range.
The only hot chick (and she is damn hot) that shoots in my IDPA club is married, and to a really cool guy that also happens to be a Marine.  Otherwise it's geezers and nasty hos.  I don't think I'd be inclined to chase after most gun chicks.

This is where ya'll will start posting pics of hot chicks you've seen with guns, but they are few and far between.  Most chicks that are into guns are there because of a husband/boyfriend, which means that they aren't really in play. (although, there really isnt ANY woman who's not in play, some just take more work than others)
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:36:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My best friend met his wife in a chat room...
View Quote

And they're still married?!  If I caught my wife in a chat room I'd...
Oh, wait, you meant BEFORE they were married [;)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:16:22 AM EDT
[#34]
As others have said; if she posts a picture of only her head, think of her as an iceberg.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:24:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I dunno about that, sounds like a sausage party to me. I know theres women on here and all, but the ratio has got to be about 100-1.

Just get AOL. I used to get all kinds of ass off there before I got with my current girl friend a few years back. They have a dating service on there too, but just putting up a profile, and IMing women seems to be enough.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:35:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:47:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
NO NO NO NO NO

It's hard enough finding a sane mate in the real world. Let alone when they can turn it all into a big fantasy on the net.

Case in point....

A good buddy of mine just caught his wife banging another guy at a hotel. She met him online, had given him a completely wrong name and info and was just wanting a fantasy fuck.
Imagine what would happen if you were the guy that got caught with her. She has now lost her family, job and several other things that she held close. The guy she was fucking feels like shit and had no clue.

My point is that on the net people can be anyone or anything they want. Keep it seperate from your real life. There are too many nut jobs and predators out there. If they can't find love there may be a damn good reason for it.

mike
View Quote

She probably would have had an affair with or without the internet. to blame the internet for her actions is wrong. thats like blaming the gun for a killing when really its the guy who pulled the trigger.

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#38]
So, are you calling me a geezer or a nasty ho? [:(!]  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#40]
I've tried it on and off for the past year and a half.  I've made some good friends from it and have not had any big suprises when we meet in person.  I've got alot of poontang from it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Hmmmm having read this post...and many others where LordTrader whines bout not getting laid.... LT you should look into this. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:07:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe he was generalizing.  On the other hand, I was taught to not judge a book by its cover, but with a SN like Ogre...

Got a pic? [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:13:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I dunno, do you shoot in my IDPA club, and are you married to a marine?  If the answer to the first is yes, and the second is no, then I'd have to see a pic.  If the answer to both is yes, then I'd say you're hot as hell.
Since you're in VA, I doubt you fly all the way down to Ft. Lauderdale once a month for an IDPA shoot.
By the way, lots of those geezers and nasty hos could drop me where I stand.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe he was generalizing.  On the other hand, I was taught to not judge a book by its cover, but with a SN like Ogre...

Got a pic? [}:D]
View Quote

I know he was; hence the [;)].

I chose Ogre because most people are intimidated by me for some reason.  

No pic!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
NO NO NO NO NO

It's hard enough finding a sane mate in the real world. Let alone when they can turn it all into a big fantasy on the net.

Case in point....

A good buddy of mine just caught his wife banging another guy at a hotel. She met him online, had given him a completely wrong name and info and was just wanting a fantasy fuck.
Imagine what would happen if you were the guy that got caught with her. She has now lost her family, job and several other things that she held close. The guy she was fucking feels like shit and had no clue.

My point is that on the net people can be anyone or anything they want. Keep it seperate from your real life. There are too many nut jobs and predators out there. If they can't find love there may be a damn good reason for it.

mike
View Quote

She probably would have had an affair with or without the internet. to blame the internet for her actions is wrong. thats like blaming the gun for a killing when really its the guy who pulled the trigger.

View Quote

Well said grasshopper.  You and I actually can agree on something.

Sidebar about cheating:
Cheating starts a long time before any two people start fucking.  For the cheater, the marriage/relationship is already over, they just don't have the decency to leave.  They want to still have the security of two paychecks, or they "do it for the kids" or whatever other bullshit.  The bottom line is that anyone who cheats was already done with their marriage before they ever even met the person they cheat with.
This is why the biggest fool in the world is someone who takes back a cheater.  They don't love you, they never will again, it's only a matter of time before they cheat again.  Most cheaters want to get caught so that they won't have to actually do the breaking up.  The whole thing, on both sides, is fucking pathetic.  Cheaters and those that take them back are weak, and I can't stand weakness.  And the best part?  If you've got kids you're raising them to be the same weak piece of shit that you are.
Now, with all of that said, some of those weak women sure are good in bed...[;)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Otherwise it's geezers and nasty hos. I don't think I'd be inclined to chase after most gun chicks.
View Quote

Your wording implies that most 'gun chicks' are either geezers or hos.  And no, I am not in your club.  But remember, this is the internet. Just because my profile says Va, does not mean I am in Va, does it? [:)]

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hmmmm having read this post...and many others where LordTrader whines bout not getting laid.... LT you should look into this. [:D]
View Quote

That sounds good in theory but LT already has tried it and still can't get laid!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Otherwise it's geezers and nasty hos. I don't think I'd be inclined to chase after most gun chicks.
View Quote

Your wording implies that most 'gun chicks' are either geezers or hos.  And no, I am not in your club.  But remember, this is the internet. Just because my profile says Va, does not mean I am in Va, does it? [:)]
View Quote

Based solely on my biased opinion, which is derived from my experience.  I sold guns for two years in college, so I've seen the gamut.  Unfortunately the only women that were buying guns without hubby/boyfriend were either:
1) Going to the police academy. Most of these also washed out
2) Lesbians.  I sold two lesbians matching Ruger wheelguns and magsafe ammo which they eventually used in a double suicide.  From what I understad from the responding officer, this was not a pretty scene.
3) Transexuals.  One of my best customers did not come into this world as a woman, but she'll leave it as one.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Save yer money. send me a pic[;)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Ogre_4070
Sounds to me like you want us to think your the hot chick that norman74 saw at IDPA. So post a pic and give us bunch of no ass gettin losers a little thrill!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top