Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 11:33:21 PM EDT
Recalling the lost days of my youth, I remember when beer had two actual price ranges: premium & regular.

I was wondering if these were still made anywhere or if anyone knew when they died?

Pabst Blue Ribbon
Falstaff
Falls City
Strohs
Shlitz
Sterling
Hamms
Carling

I got my earlier beer buzzes on with most of those, I had cousins who drank the brands I didn't.

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#1]
"Beer.  My only weakness.  My Achilles' Heel, if you will.  Good thing no one shook this up or I would look quite the fool.  An April's fool, as it were."

-Homer
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought Pabst is still around, maybe Schlitz, possibly Falstaff but I doubt it.

I think the rest are gone, but not sure when.  I think G. Heilman bought out several...
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Pabst Strohs and Shlitz are all still around. Theys ell them at the Class Six on base.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:41:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm drinkin a pabst right now!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Pabst Blue Ribbon! Hell Ya!

Grew up drinking Pabst, use to be made in the brewery right down the road from where I lived. That's all my dad and his buddies would drink. I still drink Pabst today, along with Budwieser.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:09:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone remember Jax beer and what about church keys?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:18:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone remember Jax beer and what about church keys?
View Quote

I still have a church key.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:20:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Strohs and Pabst is still out here.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:05:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I havent tried any of them since I turned drinking age about 2 months ago.  I have however drank all of the  bum wines.
A few are real bad 1 is drinkable.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:27:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Some favorite brew of mispent youth:

Schafer [beer]

[red]Red[/red], [white]White[/white] and [blue]Blue[/blue][booze]

Milwaukee's Be(a)st [headbang]

and a perennial favorite

Weideman's (widemouth brown bottles shaped like a keg, uberkool) [banana]

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:34:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Pabst and Falstaff brands are still available, but now brewed by Miller under contract.

Stroh's. Schlitz, and Hamms are also available. I'm not sure if any are still brewed by the orginal companies though.

I belvie Carling was sold and no longer produces anything with that name. However,  you may remember their Black Label name. That is still being sold.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:42:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Rhinegold, Rhyngold, Rhingold Beer?  Which one was it?

Balentine Beer or Ballentine?
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Rambosky, I remember Ballantine Ale, but not beer.  Seems to me it might have been made by the Ranier Brewery in Seattle.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top