Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 7:25:53 PM EDT
poll coming
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
This 'trading of basic human rights' bullshit really galls me.

It's sort of like saying 'We'll let you wear clothes, but having shelter is subject to approval of 'The Authorities"'.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as you have the means to resist, why would you even consider compromise?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't change my opinion of them at all...[:D]

HEY CAP'N!!! are you at sea, or back from trip??
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Screw compromise! We have the House, the Senate and the White House. This is a time to grab everything we can and put the antis on the defensive, not to compromise some more. I'm tired of this mentality that we're always on the defensive and always have to compromise to maintain anything at all. The people agree with us and have given us the government, and every indication is that we will get even more seats in the next election. It's time to stop compromising and push for what we believe in!
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#5]
The antis are playing a "take it all" game.  Each compromise is just another step toward their ultimate goal.  That means each compromise is another step away from keeping our rights.  Thus, we need to play a "keep it all, give away nothing" game.

Why does this stuff seem so obvious to me?  Probably because it is.  I don't want "sensible gun control."  That's a euphemism used by the antis for total gun control.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 7:34:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Each compromise is just another step toward their ultimate goal.  That means each compromise is another step away from keeping our rights.
View Quote

Compromise only benefits the party that is wrong.   Think about it.

I'm with Brohawk.
Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top