Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 10:07:01 PM EDT
The NRA has been very active in halting any renewal of the AWB. Did anyone see Wayne Lapierre give them hell on CNN over thier lie filled segment on the ban? What more will it take to get you guys to join? After that, I will be upgrading my membership from annual to lifetime.

I'll make it easy. Click here and do the right thing. (The Easy pay life option is only 25.00 per quarter):  [url]https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The 'Let George Do It' Mentality!

No offense to anyone.

Eric the(LifeMemberSince1976!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I will pay them as soon as they give away naked womenz and gunz calendars with each membership.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#3]
My car already had an NRA sticker on it when I bought it.  That's good enough, right?[:D]

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Me andmy 8 year old son. he's a lifer.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#5]
When they support my right to own an AK47 then I will support the NRA.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#6]
The NRA doesn't want me.

Or at least i can only assume so. i've joined online twice and over the phone once.

Going on 5 monthes now with no membership info and no charges to the credit card.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]
How would a NRA membership benefit me?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:33:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Nope.
Maybe when they actually DO something in Kalistan, hell I'd settle for when they actually APPEAR to do something here, that would be good enough.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:44:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I would like the NRA to come to Hawaii and do some thing.  I saw bills that would make this an out right police state with fire arms being baned.  Where was the NRA?  Even if the assult ban is not renewed it will not change a thing here.  If I ever find a job some where off the island that pays decent in a free state I am leaving.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:57:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I might still be a 'life member', I am not real sure, at some point in the last decade me and the NRA lost contact with each other, I dont even get junk mail begging for cash from them anymore.  Wonder if they think I am dead or something?  I lost them two moves or so ago...

But anyway it doesnt matter much, I am not  sure being a member of the most successful gun-control organization means much.

Of course if they make actions to back up Wayne La Pea-air's words from earlier (where he called CNN on their lying/misleading 'journalism'), or call for the repeal or support a court challenge of the NFA of '34, then maybe I'll change my mind, but until then I will continue to support 'gun-rights' organizations.

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I am a Life and Endowment member.

The NRA may have faults (don't we all), but it the best thing we have going.  Our gun rights hang in the balance.

If you're not a member, please join us today.  Every gun owner should be a member.

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:42:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm simply too poor. Maybe when I get a job...
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:48:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I am convinced that the cost of a membership is used up in all of the useless mail they send me over the course of a year.
If they had a "use my money for something useful and don't send me any bullshit mailings for the whole year besides one letter to tell me to renew" plan, I'd join tomorrow.  I will not belong to an organization that wastes as much money as they do.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:49:19 AM EDT
[#14]
When those useless bastards start representing Class 3 owners I'll take another look.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:01:03 AM EDT
[#15]
When the ban is renewed and strengthened it will not be because of the liberals and gun control advocates, it will be because most gun owners like to sit on thier thumbs.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:01:35 AM EDT
[#16]
i told them i had a problem with the "registration" number that i had to have to be a memeber.
josam
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:08:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Member.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:10:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Before you give nra $$$ read here...

[url]http://www.nrawol.org/[/url]

"The National Rifle Association has been in support of workable, enforceable gun control legislation since its very inception in 1871. "

NRA Executive Vice President Franklin L. Orth

Shouldn't we always support the lesser of two evils (i.e. Republican candidates, regardless of their position)?

When a reporter asked NRA "A" rated Colorado Governor Bill Owens what gun owners might do in his next election -- after he had supported half a dozen gun control measures -- Owens quipped "What are they going to do?  Vote Democrat?"

When a political party and its hierarchy knows any advocates (lobbying groups, like the NRA) will blindly support their candidates, the natural tendency is to move quickly in the other direction (away from gun rights).  Doing so makes a lobby an adjunct of a political party, hardly the perfect position to advance our gun rights.

Remember, the lesser of two evils is still evil.

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:16:31 AM EDT
[#19]
[b]How many people here are not NRA members? Why not?[/b]

Not a member. The NRA is interested, mainly, in perpetuating the NRA.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Life Member, and proud of it[:D]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I am currently an NRA member,but don't plan on ever sending them another penny in the future,or being a member ever again when my membership runs out(thanks to the NRA-ILA email *4-day* notice on the "smart-guns" vote...which passed in NJ as a flat-out ban on conventional handguns in NJ).You see,I live in a state that the NRA has totally given up on.I want to know more about all the claims I've heard that the NRA reps in New Jersey are being paid-off by HCI and VPC to support every anti-gun bill that gets tossed into the ring.The NRA doesn't bother/waste their money supporting politicians in this state anymore.They LET Frank Lautenturd get away with making Doug Forrester look like a "mental-case" for his view on guns/gunowners in the senate race last year.If you live in NJ,are a gun owner,and give your money to the NRA,you might as well keep your money and piss into a fan,as it will give you the same satisfaction.Your opinions don't matter as a gun owner in this state anymore to the NRA and you have no-one but yourself to help you keep your constitutional right to own whatever weapons you want to spend your hard-earned money on in this state anymore.And if any/all guns are banned in the state I live in....I couldn't care less if you people in pro-gun states can have whatever you want to buy...it DOES ME NO GOOD AT ALL.And to the punks and wimps that will tell me to move to a more gun-friendly state:kiss my ass!:I've spent too much in tax dollars already to keep this shit-hole state afloat....I ain't giving up that easy to re-located NYC liberal scum that feels the need to stick their nose in my business!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I am a Life and Endowment member.

The NRA may have faults (don't we all), but it the best thing we have going.  Our gun rights hang in the balance.

If you're not a member, please join us today.  Every gun owner should be a member.

View Quote

If I wasn't already a life member I wouldn't join, for reasons like this:
I would like the NRA to come to Hawaii and do some thing. I saw bills that would make this an out right police state with fire arms being baned. Where was the NRA? Even if the assult ban is not renewed it will not change a thing here. If I ever find a job some where off the island that pays decent in a free state I am leaving.
View Quote

The tend to ignore certain states...
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#23]
 Life Member but DON'T recommend the NRA over more 'legitimate' no compromise gun lobbyists. The NRA is mainly about promoting the NRA-NOT our Rights as gun-owners.
 Money is better utilized by the sincere lobbyists with Constitutional interests than the weenie whitebread NRA marketing weasels. Ghost
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I am now a member of the NRA and GOA. By the end of the year, I think I'll just be GOA.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
When they support my right to own an AK47 then I will support the NRA.
View Quote

Fool!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Once again, the "all or none" mentality rears its head.

If you find the GOA to be more to your liking, so be it. Everyone believes something a little different. As far as "no-compromise", it's pure BS. I've said it before, and I'll say it again--the entire f**king Constitution is a series of carefully crafted compromises. Not ONE of the Founding Fathers got everything he wanted. How is it that compromise was OK for Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and the like, but you won't accept it in any form? When you will only accept all or none, you almost always get none.

The NRA is working to restore gun rights. You can argue that they never should have been lost. My view is that what we're going through right now is in many ways similar to the trial by fire of the First Amendment. I'm an NRA Life Member, not because I agree with everything they do, not because I get hats and a magazine, but because they are the most effective gun rights organization in the WORLD, period. Results count. It's good that there are other voices to listen to, though; multiple perspectives are a good thing.

If we lose our fight, it will not be because of our enemies; they have always existed. It will be due to the endless bickering of the many splinter groups that we have become, that are perfectly willing to fight and argue with the others on our side, but not to unify against the enemy as a collective, strong voice with a common objective.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#27]
They can live without me for a couple years.  I was a member for several years, active in my local gun club, etc.  I was traveling alot in my job when they started trying to get me to renew.  I had not renewed fast enough for them and they sent me a nasty letter.  "  People like you are the reason everyone will lose their guns... You are bad, blah blah."

Wrong man to put on a guilt trip.  They can just keep sending BS mailouts to you guys.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#28]
I am a lifer and proud of it. Its alot better than not doing anything and saying only when I see something that benifits me will I join.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Look at how much money is sent to the NRA and how much is sent to the Brady Campaign. Which group has achieved more of their goals? THE BRADY CAMPAIGN. [b]Why don't you people quit throwing your money away and send it to the only ones that have a chance at winning- BC/VPC/CPHV![/b]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Life Member.
Why?  [banana] Who else is going to take  it to the wall for my right to Keep and Bare Arms?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If you find the GOA to be more to your liking, so be it. Everyone believes something a little different. As far as "no-compromise", it's pure BS. I've said it before, and I'll say it again--the entire f**king Constitution is a series of carefully crafted compromises. Not ONE of the Founding Fathers got everything he wanted. How is it that compromise was OK for Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and the like, but you won't accept it in any form? When you will only accept all or none, you almost always get none.
View Quote

You had better read your history again. If the Bill of Rights had not been added, the Constitution NEVER would have been ratified.
And now you, the president, and nra is ok with selling out those principles. Well, some of us are not. We are a minority now, just as we were then...

The NRA is working to restore gun rights. You can argue that they never should have been lost. My view is that what we're going through right now is in many ways similar to the trial by fire of the First Amendment. I'm an NRA Life Member, not because I agree with everything they do, not because I get hats and a magazine, but because they are the most effective gun rights organization in the WORLD, period. Results count. It's good that there are other voices to listen to, though; [red]multiple perspectives are a good thing.[/red]
View Quote

Horse shit!!! There are NO, "multiple perspectives ", when it comes to MY GOD-GIVEN rights!!!

If we lose our fight, it will not be because of our enemies; they have always existed. It will be due to the endless bickering of the many splinter groups that we have become, that are perfectly willing to fight and argue with the others on our side, but not to unify against the enemy as a collective, strong voice with a common objective.
View Quote

No, it will be because milquetoasts are already sending the message, that "compromise" is a GOOD thing!!

Just throw your weapons out in the street, and be done with it........
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Joined the NRA several years ago. Let my membership expire becouse of thier policies.
Thought I would give them another chance last year. They have changed a little. The only problem is they changed for the worse.
I will NEVER make that mistake again!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

You had better read your history again. If the Bill of Rights had not been added, the Constitution NEVER would have been ratified.
And now you, the president, and nra is ok with selling out those principles. Well, some of us are not. We are a minority now, just as we were then...
View Quote

2 compromises I can think of, off the top of my head, would be the Great Compromise (Article 1, Section 1), and the 3/5ths compromise (Article 1, Section 2). Incidentally, since you brought it up, there was a great deal of debate among the founders on whether to include the 2nd amendment at all. Some believed that since the right to bear arms was an inalienable right, it should not be enumerated, because that would subject it to the ability to be amended. The other group believed that it must be expressly guaranteed, or it would disappear (much as it did in England). We are fortunate that the latter wisdom won the day.

I am NOT OK with more gun laws. I live in Illinois, where we are in the fight of our life for gun rights against the "Chicago mafia". And I wasn't even alive when alot of these laws were created, so don't go there. I AM astute enough to realize that, even if a member of Congress were to introduce a law repealing all of the gun laws in America, it would have no chance of passing, no matter how many times it was introduced. Unfortunate as that is, it is a reality. Just as we have lost our rights piecemeal, we have to gain them back a bit at a time (barring a sweeping Supreme Court decision). This is the compromise of which I speak; not a compromise of principles, but of degree--gradually instead of suddenly.

For the record, I support the sunset of the AWB, I think it'd be OK to build machine guns again, etc.

The NRA is working to restore gun rights. You can argue that they never should have been lost. My view is that what we're going through right now is in many ways similar to the trial by fire of the First Amendment. I'm an NRA Life Member, not because I agree with everything they do, not because I get hats and a magazine, but because they are the most effective gun rights organization in the WORLD, period. Results count. It's good that there are other voices to listen to, though; [red]multiple perspectives are a good thing.[/red]
View Quote

Horse shit!!! There are NO, "multiple perspectives ", when it comes to MY GOD-GIVEN rights!!!
View Quote

Sure there are. IIRC, the GOA thinks Project Exile is a bad idea. NRA supports it.

View Quote

No, it will be because milquetoasts are already sending the message, that "compromise" is a GOOD thing!!

Just throw your weapons out in the street, and be done with it........
View Quote

Compromise isn't a GOOD thing--it's a political reality. And I don't (and haven't ever) advocate negotiating with the antis--they won't be happy until there are no guns. Many take the view that NRAs maneuvering on the AWB was a sellout, but I see it as making the best of a very bad situation. The law was going to pass, no one could stop it, so they axed as much as possible.

Read that last paragraph on my first post again. Why are you arguing with me? I'm on your side! We have different approaches to the same ideal--full restoration of the God-given rights we have as human beings. On rereading my first post, I realize I may have been a bit vague with reference to compromise--hopefully this clears it up. Thanks for your opinion.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
When those useless bastards start representing Class 3 owners I'll take another look.
View Quote

AMEN!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#35]
I am the newest NRA Life Member. It cost me the price of a new AR but it is an investment in our future ability to buy an AR.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Only recently have I really considered it to be something that I SHOULD do .... never really thought that they were fighting for my best interests or fighting for much of anything for that matter....

But now I feel that it can't hurt and as far as our rights go , it is really one of the few things we have going for us ...better than a bunch of internet commandos spouting off rhetoric at least they are doing something....

so , when I get some disposable income , I am gonna do it

anyone else notice the media claimimg that the NRA is the most powerfull lobby in Washington ?

t
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#37]
They insisted on giving me the goddamn InSights POS magazine instead of American Rifleman. I'll join again when Im 18, or just lie about me age.

BTW, I hear that regular dues do not pay for the lobbying. Thats the money the ILA solicits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top