Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 4/28/2016 8:15:23 PM EDT
Are those things really so awesome? I like the idea of having a cold drink stay cold for hours. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but my dad is, thought I might score one for my dad.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the $20 RTIC, it is exactly the same (I've held both side-by-side).  The cups themselves are $20 nice but not $40 nice.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the RTIC + Buy the YETI Sticker on eBay.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't get the Yeti, or the Artic...

Get that Walmart brand.. It's 1/3 of the price. One of their beer koozies can be had for $8 I think. Works just as good.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes. They'll hold ice all day while refilling it with non cooled drinks.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get the $20 RTIC, it is exactly the same (I've held both side-by-side).  The cups themselves are $20 nice but not $40 nice.
View Quote

Eyeballing the 20oz one, have a couple in the cart as I type this. Think I should up to the 30oz?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a 30 oz Rtic cup and had it engraved for about the price of a Yeti, locally. I was skeptical, but I've come to love it. I can NEVER make a drink last longer than the ice in it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
The Wal Mart Ozark Trail knockoff is an exact copy of the Yeti tumbler for under $10.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Bought 2 RTIC 30oz cups direct from RTIC.

Got them 3 days later.

My wife and I are impressed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Look into getting a Hydro Flask too if you're wanting something similar to a Nalgene bottle.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Wal Mart Ozark Trail knockoff is an exact copy of the Yeti tumbler for under $10.
View Quote

Can't do it, just on principle. I'll buy cheap ammo and motor oil at Walmart, but can't do Walmart t-shirts or RTIC/Yeti knock offs. Which is funny because RTIC is a Yeti knockoff. But hey, consistency is overrated.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#11]
+ 1 for RTIC everyone in my unit is nuts for the YETI stuff, I get the same thing for 1/2 price with RTIC, they also have super fast shipping and great customer service.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#12]
i got the iceberg branded one from amazon. Yeti is for people who either:

got it free

or hick tard/bro tard followers

for everyone else there is ozark trail, iceberg,rtic, bigboss, etc
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Eyeballing the 20oz one, have a couple in the cart as I type this. Think I should up to the 30oz?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just get one of each
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Don't get the Yeti, or the Artic...

Get that Walmart brand.. It's 1/3 of the price. One of their beer koozies can be had for $8 I think. Works just as good.
View Quote

This
I held my Yeti side by side with the Walmart 1 my buddy purchased and the cups and lids are exactly the same.
Think he paid $7 or so

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Got them 3 days later.

View Quote
are the 30oz kinda big? Would I be happier with a 30oz for cold beverages and get my dad a 20oz for coffee?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just get one of each
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just get one of each

Twisted my arm.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#17]

I have the Engel tumbler.

Awesome for keeping things cold...not as awesome for keeping drinks hot.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Are those things really so awesome? I like the idea of having a cold drink stay cold for hours. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but my dad is, thought I might score one for my dad.
View Quote

Yes.  RTIC and YETI are pretty awesome.  The RTIC has a nicer closable top, but you have to pay for it.

I own three.  It's all I use anymore.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I was gifted a Yeti Tumbler. It's a fucking glass with a lid. Lol

I don't leave my shit sitting around for hours.  I fix something to drink and I drink it. Does it keep stuff warmer or cooler a little longer that other glasses or cups? Yep, but it ain't worth $20 fucking dollars.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
are the 30oz kinda big? Would I be happier with a 30oz for cold beverages and get my dad a 20oz for coffee?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got them 3 days later.

They are big but they still fit in most cup holders. And in the tractor cup holder. Some ice cold water or iced tea all day cold even in the sun.

If I were to get one for coffee I would agree with the 20oz version.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I like the Cold-1 brand from Bed Bath and Beyond...they have a lid that actually seals so it wont leak if it gets knocked over.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes.  RTIC and YETI are pretty awesome.  The RTIC has a nicer closable top, but you have to pay for it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang it, wish I would have seen this before I submitted my order. Would have gotten the closable lies and a handle for the 20oz for my dad's.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#23]
have the 30oz and 10oz RTIC tumblers, theyre all I drink from now. hold ice and drinks cold forever
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#25]
LOL $90 for cup, you people are worst than Apple Fanbois
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#26]

I have the Yeti 30, RTIC 20, & RTIC 30.

Neither have an advantage over the other except someone is more likely to steal the Yeti off your desk.  I use the Yeti at home and the RTIC at work.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a yeti I got as a gift. Kept ice in it for 24 hours and my coffee stayed hot for 4 hours. Warm for another 3 or so before I finished it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Order confirmation at 7:25pm, shipping notification wih tracking number at 7:30pm.

In the year 1983, we would have been burned as witches.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Can't do it, just on principle. I'll buy cheap ammo and motor oil at Walmart, but can't do Walmart t-shirts or RTIC/Yeti knock offs. Which is funny because RTIC is a Yeti knockoff. But hey, consistency is overrated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not like the yeti is made in the US and the walmart version is a chinese copy, they're all made in china and probably in the same building. Why feel bad about buying some imported crap from one company instead of another company selling the same imported crap for 4x the amount?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a couple of the Walmart Ozark Trail 30z tumblers and they stay cold enough to keep ice in the cup left in locker for 14hrs.  Crazy that a $10 cup does that.

I have a Mossy Oak 30oz as well but it doesn't stay cold as long.  That one gets used for things like a glass of water with ice by bed side table and it does the trick for 6-8hrs easy.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Someone gave me the large Yeti cup as a birthday gift.  I love the thing.  110 degree summer days and I can fill it up with ice and water when I leave the house in the morning, and there's still ice cold water in it on my drive home in the late afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Order confirmation at 7:25pm, shipping notification wih tracking number at 7:30pm.

View Quote

How do we know if she is a witch?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Neither have an advantage over the other except someone is more likely to steal the Yeti off your desk.  I use the Yeti at home and the RTIC at work.
View Quote

I do the same--the RTIC is at work--initials on one side, BFL on the other.
The YETI is at home.

I also bought stainless straws.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did she turn you into a newt?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The YETI is at home.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The YETI is at home.

Those straws are the best thing ever.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if she floats?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The YETI is at home.

I paid like $9 for four of them.  They are 10.5" long so they reach all the way to the bottom.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#39]
My wife just bought the "Gus" tumbler from Amazon. It's a yeti knock and is identical for half price (I have the yeti and love it )

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#40]
The Yeti 20oz are going for about $30 (shipped) on eBay.  Same price at Cabelas

I ordered mine a couple days ago and should be here Friday.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I bought a 30 oz Rtic cup and had it engraved for about the price of a Yeti, locally. I was skeptical, but I've come to love it. I can NEVER make a drink last longer than the ice in it.
View Quote

I bought a 30 oz Yeti from REI. Didn't know about RTIC at the time. Needless to say, I peeled off all the yeti stickers off of it and put on a BCM sticker on it. I'm just getting started, hope my cup is sponsored one day.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#43]
***WORD TO THE WISE

(yes, i have been drinking)

but my yeti 30oz does not fit in my 03 subaru wrx cup holder's snuggly. Kind of have to force them not and it's not recommended. Maybe subaru cup holders are small but just saying.

Not sure about other sizes and brands.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
***WORD TO THE WISE

but my yeti 30oz does not fit in my 03 subaru wrx cup holder's snuggly. Kind of have to force them not and it's not recommended. Maybe subaru cup holders are small but just saying.

View Quote

I have a 30oz and 20oz RTIC. I very rarely use the 30oz because it won't fit in most cup holders.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Got a big Yeti for a gift and the wife commandeered it. She will come home from work on Friday, sit it by the sink and ice will still be in it Sunday. Say what you want, but pretty impressive overpriced cup.lol
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I have a 30oz and 20oz RTIC. I very rarely use the 30oz because it won't fit in most cup holders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
***WORD TO THE WISE

30oz fits in the Honda Accord.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a yeti 30 oz  if I fill it half way with ice and an already cold liquid. 12 hrs later it will still have ice in it..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top