Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2003 8:09:05 PM EDT
My web hosting company - Featureprice.com  (aka Hosting Network in Ft. Myers FL.) is self destructing at a fairly rapid rate.  

At this point, I'm ready to say "screw the $150 I've pre-paid for the next 12 months" and just get out with my skin and domain rights intact.

Please let me know what web-hosting co you are using.  and if they are good or bad.  I need to transfer my domain and website asap!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#2]
No, it's not an emergency, but I need to take some action in the next few days.  

The biggest problem is going to be getting Featureprice to release my domain.  Seems others are having the same type of problems.  There's  now 2500 complaints logged wit he FLA, Attny Gen. office.  

I'm ready to bail, but I gotta find a decent, fair and affordable  (up-time and customer service oriented) hosting Co.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#3]
www.colossalhost.com for me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Featureprice.com hahahah! We (uh cough iHost.biz cough) seem to be getting a slew of customers from them.  Wierd, their site makes it look like they're still OK. One person said they (featureprice) basically "disappeared".  Is your site still up at all?  What's the deal?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the Haha's - it's a real help.

My site is still up and my e-mail is still being processed - customer service just disappeared and I'm feeling real uneasy about their longitivity.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I never met a web-hosting company that i [b]DID[/b] trust...

So I use the other option:

Server in the basement, copy of UNIX (it's been Linux and FreeBSD over the years. Currently Linux), and an internet connection. And no one to blame for downtime but myself...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Try this:

[url]www.olm.net/cnet[/url]

Very fast and always up.  They have a pretty big pipe close to the backbone.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Colo or just a shared webserver?

I colo @ rackmy.com.  They work well for me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#9]
[url]www.consumerpc.com[/url]

45ACP_Marine and I co-own that company. Obviously, we're pro 2nd Amendment [;)]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I was referred to [url]www.one2host.com[/url]

Its in Great Britain, but its about $60/year.  Hardest part is the setup the first time, but it has been working pretty much flawlessly for 5 months now.  Its also one of the few that support Front Page stuff without extra fees or problems.

HTH,
Doug Giraud
[url]www.giraudtool.com[/url]

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:43:39 AM EDT
[#11]
[url]www.readyhosting.com[/url]

99/year
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I have websites hosted with several different companies. So far, my favorite is [url]bluedomino.com[/url]. $34.95 a month for unlimited bandwidth. Good service.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#13]
What type of services do you need?

If you are looking for the latest Microsoft technologies check out [url]http://www.crystaltech.com[/url]

For what you get with them they are the cheapest, provide the most features, and have 24x7 phone technical support with real techs answer the phone who can fix whatever right on the spot.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Brinkster.com is what I use.
Features:
ASP
ASP.NET
Live chat tech support
MS SQL Server
MS Server 2000
SSL for $5 extra

I have the 14.95 service and refer my clients to them also.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks to all, DNS's changed tonight and site should be ready in the next 24hrs/.

X
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top