Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 12:37:47 AM EDT
For some reason I can't get to any site on my wireless network. I am still getting a signal with activity on the cable modem but I can't connect to anything. So, I can see 2 other WAPs and I decided to jump on the one that isn't passwprd protected. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:40:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you try rebooting your modem and router?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:08:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For some reason I can't get to any site on my wireless network. I am still getting a signal with activity on the cable modem but I can't connect to anything. So, I can see 2 other WAPs and I decided to jump on the one that isn't passwprd protected. [:)]
View Quote

I need to get a wireless NIC and check for WAP's in my area.  I see a couple with my PDA but the antenna isnt good enough to get a decent signal.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:12:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I just did that and all is cool now. Shit, I  might just cancel my cable internet service and use the neighbors connection. If they're broadcasting their SSID (which is still linksys) they probably don't know how to check their logs or block MAC addresses.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:17:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Who sells a good wireless NIC with an external antenna?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:25:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Cisco.  I forget which model though.  I have an old aironet card, who Cisco bought, and it works great.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:27:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I just did that and all is cool now. Shit, I  might just cancel my cable internet service and use the neighbors connection. If they're broadcasting their SSID (which is still linksys) they probably don't know how to check their logs or block MAC addresses.
View Quote

But if they do, you're technically committing a crime.  Unauthorized access of a computer system.  That's a felony, BTW.  With your own cable modem and wireless setup, you can at least plead ignorance.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top