Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 9:15:32 PM EDT
Sorry to sound like a moody loner with an assault weapon living in mom's basement, but...

Do you work around people who, as the title describes, talk out their thought process to themselves?  When it starts I might say once or twice "What?" as they mutter the marbles in their mouth jibberish, and they dismiss me with "oh nothing, I'm  just talking to myself."

So I tune out their jibberish.

Later, when they are actually trying to talk to me, they have to make an effort to get my attention and get annoyed that I am passively ignoring them.

I work in an environment where things can happen pretty fast and we all depend on each other for clear communication to keep the shit from hitting the fan.

I have another bitch coming up in another thread.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#1]
very few of my co workers think things out at all
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The guy that sits next to me narrates every single thing he does. He sits there and talks to himself all day long and I sit there at my desk with a ear bud in my ear tuning him out. Some days I can't take it anymore and I have to leave the office. He just mumbles and rambles on about absolutely nothing. He kind of reminds me of Milton from office space but looks like Ned Flanders from the Simpsons. You ever want to just yell "shut the fuck up, nobody is fucking listening to you!"? Because thats me everyday
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#3]
My old boss in my display building job would describe how he wanted me to complete a project in great detail before ending with "...is how I was going to tell you to do it but then I thought..."

He would usually do it at least 2 times, maybe 3 before actually giving me instructions.
I called him on it once and he denied it.

A part time guy walked in and he did it to him in front of me. I stopped the guy and asked him what just happened. The guy said "I just got 3 sets of conflicting instructions" and walked out.

I hated that motherfucker.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a guy where I work walking around talking to himself all the time, sometimes it appears like he is actually carrying on a conversation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top