Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/22/2016 2:12:30 PM EDT
One of those small italian pizza places.

Says he has to put in a family bathroom and a tranny bathroom in addition to his mens room and ladies room.

He will have to give up some food storage space.

Poor guy was letting it all hang out and has been known to use the F word in front of long time customers. (Me and wifey)

I am confused as which one will be my proper bathroom or will I still be allowed to use the alley.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Just make them all one holers and have him put these up, anybody can use it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://cdn.compliancesigns.com/media/ada/300/ADA-Unisex-Family-Assisted-Sign-RRE-120_White_on_Blue_300.gif
View Quote

Best solution
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Explain the larger context?  What law says he has to do that?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Says he has to put in a family bathroom and a tranny bathroom in addition to his mens room and ladies room.

Poor guy was letting it all hang out and has been known to use the F word in front of long time customers. (Me and wifey)

I am confused as which one will be my proper bathroom or will I still be allowed to use the alley.
View Quote

If you have two single bathrooms, law and code allows you to make them BOTH unisex in most places.

So why not just make them uni's and call it a day?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you have two bathrooms, law and code allows you to make them BOTH unisex in most places.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have two bathrooms, law and code allows you to make them BOTH unisex in most places.

bingo
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

Or...go to a single bathroom that is a "one holer"

Save space.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Intended consequences.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Save space.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Save space.

Yes, instead of losing storage, he can gain by pulling the other bathroom. When people complain, he should hand them a card with government representatives names on it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I call BS.  Please show me the law.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://cdn.compliancesigns.com/media/ada/300/ADA-Unisex-Family-Assisted-Sign-RRE-120_White_on_Blue_300.gif
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I for one can't wait to paint the bowl next to a chick.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#15]
He could make it carry out only, convert the other space into storage and service counters. Do away with public bathrooms, seats and tables.  Tell city to suck dick. Dominos around here is carry out only. Even the yogurtini is like that no public restroom.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Explain the larger context?  What law says he has to do that?
View Quote

Yeah... pizza guys are not my 1st stop for intel
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#18]
sign saying "faggots not welcome" should take care of it
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Intended consequences.
View Quote

Well, the economy is good, so what the hey.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#20]
The middle eastern bathrooms are much superior in gender equality.  Just a hole in the floor.  No gender specific fixtures.

Although, I would say that a trench would be a step forward.  No stalls or dividers, just a long trench into which everyone relieves themselves.  It would save small businesses money.  No fixtures to buy and only one bathroom required.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Is there even a code that says you HAVE to provide public restrooms?

Was about a "wash room" with just a sink and soap?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Best solution
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best solution

Yep. make them all lockable, one person bathrooms.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nope, apparently that traumatizes the poor dears.

G.G. sued the school district. Why? Because the district created a policy which says that bathroom and locker room access is primarily based on biology, while also creating accommodations for transgender students. Specifically, the policy is that only biological girls can use the girls’ room, only biological boys can use the boys’ room, and any student can use one of the three single-occupancy bathrooms, which the school created specifically to accommodate transgender students.

But even this accommodation wasn’t good enough. Hence the lawsuit and Tuesday’s ruling.

In a concurring opinion, Judge Andre Davis claims the student is at risk of “irreparable harm” if forced to use a single-occupancy bathroom. Davis says that to support the claim of “irreparable harm, G.G. submitted an affidavit to the district court describing the psychological distress he experiences when he is forced to use the single-stall restrooms.”

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know about restaurants but there certainly were plenty of codes regarding number of holes, sizes of stalls, and handicap access when I built my most recent addition to my business.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't know about restaurants but there certainly were plenty of codes regarding number of holes, sizes of stalls, and handicap access when I built my most recent addition to my business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some cities can be total dicks about it..... but yes, most require specific requirements to square footage, capacities, intended use, etc.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup

What I did. AND a lock on the door.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just label both existing RRs as 'family, or generic' RRs and put locking door knobs on each, making them single serve spaces.

I doubt any code will make buildings have to go back and retroactively put two separate, but additional RRs.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what all public restrooms will be, eventually.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

He doesn't have to do shit. Who made him do it?

He is full of shit or stupid. Maybe both.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The middle eastern bathrooms are much superior in gender equality.  Just a hole in the floor.  No gender specific fixtures.

Although, I would say that a trench would be a step forward.  No stalls or dividers, just a long trench into which everyone relieves themselves.  It would save small businesses money.  No fixtures to buy and only one bathroom required.
View Quote

I like the Roman public facilities. There's actually a seat but no divider between the holes or maybe not even between the user and the street for that matter. Everyone walking by can see and hear you taking dropping the kids off at the pool. The attendant with the sponge to wipe is the icing on the cake...Just drop a bronze in the cup.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

He could make it carry out only, convert the other space into storage and service counters. Do away with public bathrooms, seats and tables.  Tell city to suck dick. Dominos around here is carry out only. Even the yogurtini is like that no public restroom.
View Quote

There is a Subway shop that has a dining room and no public bathrooms here. I have no idea how they get away with it. Theres no place for customers to wash their hands. Its weird.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#33]
A few days ago I ordered pizza and the delivery guy was middle eastern.

My friend gave me one of the "STAY BACK 100 METERS OR YOU WILL BE SHOT" flags from Operation Iraqi Freedom and I have it hanging on my living room wall. Right next to a framed "Je Suis Charlie" Charlie Hebdo.

He chuckled and said "I can read that flag in Arabic," and then I saw his eyes wander to the image of Mohammed and he kind of frowned and stared at it.

I need to find a new pizza place now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think the rule now is that you can use whatever bathroom you "identify" with at the moment.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah.  And when men finally get tired of having to use a public restroom after a woman has been in there, this shit will get resolved ASAP.  It's a Man's World, after all.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Florida law now requires this?

Stupid stupid stupid.

Less that 1/1000 of the population is gender confused and now they're mandated to spend tens of thousands of dollars per establishment for them?
View Quote

Special snowflakes deserve dignity.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

G.G. sued the school district. Why? Because the district created a policy which says that bathroom and locker room access is primarily based on biology, while also creating accommodations for transgender students. Specifically, the policy is that only biological girls can use the girls’ room, only biological boys can use the boys’ room, and any student can use one of the three single-occupancy bathrooms, which the school created specifically to accommodate transgender students.

But even this accommodation wasn’t good enough. Hence the lawsuit and Tuesday’s ruling.

In a concurring opinion, Judge Andre Davis claims the student is at risk of “irreparable harm” if forced to use a single-occupancy bathroom. Davis says that to support the claim of “irreparable harm, G.G. submitted an affidavit to the district court describing the psychological distress he experiences when he is forced to use the single-stall restrooms.”

Oh what the literal fuck, nothing will ever be good enough. I don't condone bullying, but you know what, this kid deserves what is coming to them for doing this shit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Stupid stupid stupid.

Less that 1/1000 of the population is gender confused and now they're mandated to spend tens of thousands of dollars per establishment for them?
View Quote

Like several others, I would like to see the black and white. I deal with this stuff for living and I don't know of any statutes in FL that would allow a municipality to goose-step into your business and tell you to add facilities. If you are renovating or adding on and they require you to meet current code, then sure.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It doesn't . The pizza guy or the OP is full of shit
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Oh what the literal fuck, nothing will ever be good enough. I don't condone bullying, but you know what, this kid deserves what is coming to them for doing this shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does poor "G.G." think will happen when he/she/it uses multiple occupancy restrooms and is berated for acting like a freak? One-holers aren't so bad now, are they?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#42]
My guy has a sign that says  "go home and use your own toilet"
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:57:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
A few days ago I ordered pizza and the delivery guy was middle eastern.

My friend gave me one of the "STAY BACK 100 METERS OR YOU WILL BE SHOT" flags from Operation Iraqi Freedom and I have it hanging on my living room wall. Right next to a framed "Je Suis Charlie" Charlie Hebdo.

He chuckled and said "I can read that flag in Arabic," and then I saw his eyes wander to the image of Mohammed and he kind of frowned and stared at it.

I need to find a new pizza place now.
View Quote

He's gonna make your pizza with his left hand.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Somebody should create a bathroom sign that depicts a tranny.

How would you make a stick figure with a skirt, AND a  dick?

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the most transphobic sign I've ever seen. Where's the one showing it allows people with tits and a cock?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:37:07 PM EDT
[#47]
that's not even a little bit believable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Best solution
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best solution

That's a great solution if you're building a new building.

If you've got an existing building with multiple stall bathrooms you're screwed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top