Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/20/2016 4:17:56 PM EDT
News article title, not my title.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/04/19/licensed-gun-dealer-ban-committee-ca/

California Considers Ban on All Gun Dealers
Sally Abrahamsen, of Pompano Beach, Fla., right, holds a Glock 42 pistol while shopping for a gun at the National Armory gun store and gun range, Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2016, in Pompano Beach, Fla. President Barack Obama unveiled his plan Tuesday to tighten control and enforcement of firearms in the U.S. At left is salesperson T.J. O'Reilly. (AP Photo/Lynne Sladky)AP Photo/Lynne Sladky
by AWR HAWKINS
19 Apr 2016
On April 19, a bill that could literally ban all Federal Firearm License holders (FFLs) from doing business in the state of California goes before the State Assembly Committee on Privacy and Consumer Protection.

The bill–Assembly Bill 2459–is sponsored by Assembly Member Kevin McCarty (D-Sacramento). If passed, it would shackle FFLs with four new requirements, the totality of which could simply force gun stores to close their doors.

The NRA-ILA reported the four proposed requirements:

????A prohibition on licensee business premises being on a residential property.
?A clear statement that localities may impose more restrictive requirements on licensees than those imposed by state law.
?A requirement that licensees maintain full color video surveillance that is of sufficient quality to provide for facial recognition and records all firearm transactions on the premises, all locations where firearms and ammunition are stored, the immediate exterior of the licensed premises, and all parking facilities owned by the licensee.  The video equipment would be required to run during all business hours and be set to begin recording when motion is detected at all other times.  The licensee would have to certify to having compliant video equipment at least yearly and make any needed repairs to the equipment within 15 days of any damage.  The footage would need to be stored on the premises for at least five years, but that could be extended if the footage may be part of a law enforcement investigation.  Licensees would also be required to post a prominent sign indicating that customers are being recorded.
??All licensees would be required to have a liability policy of a minimum of $1M per incident to cover liability arising from “theft, sale, lease or transfer or offering for sale, lease or transfer of a firearm or ammunition, or any other operations of the business and business premises.
Notice that the first of the four proposed requirements would bar FFLs from selling guns from their homes — even though an FFL who sells a gun from his home still has to do a background check, just as if he were selling the gun in a brick and mortar gun store.

The third of the requirements makes selling a gun tedious not only by requiring video surveillance of the sale by also by outlining what must be videoed and when it must be videoed, and mandating that FFLs get a certificate each year confirming video compliance.

It is unclear how much that certificate will cost?

The fourth of the requirements would also cost FFLs by mandating a minimum of $1 million in liability insurance, while the second of the proposed requirements is an open door for municipalities to add even more gun control to the business-crushing list McCarty has pulled together.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I can't wait.
Should be a whole lot of fun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
This is how San Fran forced its last gun store to close last year. Apparently it were the trial balloon.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Law enforcement is gonna have fun in the new utopia.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Well at least they will still have hot girls and nice weather lol

CA is such a lost cause.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone have a good recipe for tar and feathers?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well at least they will still have hot girls and nice weather lol

CA is such a lost cause.
View Quote

So many bicycle lanes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd never suggest an insurgency in occupied california, but I'd understand.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#8]
In before Paul and his Don Quixote like defense of his beloved kalifornia.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#9]
good about time. this will get the guns off the streets!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Good, let it all fucking burn. The sooner the place is smoldering, the sooner it can be rebuilt.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#12]
any gun manufacturer with ANY sense would COMPLETLY 100% refuse to sell guns to ANY California law enforcement agency. 100% refuse to repair any weapons used by any California law enforcement agency. ammunition manufacturers should refuse to sell the state of California ammunition as well.

, make them beg uncle sam for guns and ammo, because no one else will sell them any..

also.... any gun DEALER that sells guns to the state of California, should immediately be put on a ban list, and no gun manufacturers should sell that dealer anymore .. you sell glocks to California? BOOM, distributors refuse to sell you anymore glocks.... if they don't, glock refuses to sell guns to that dealer and any distributors who sell to that dealer.   it wont take very many dealers losing their suppliers, to get the point across.  if California is really serious about banning guns, then they should not mind if their leo's cannot get new weapons from anyone but uncle sam.  id also refuse to sell any guns to any federal agency that supplies guns to California as well.  making laws that go against freedom should have consequences.

fuck that state.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Time to open a massive gun store in western AZ.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
I have an asphalt hot melt trailer in the shop.  You bring the feathers?

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#15]
God I hope an earthquake doesn't rip that entire state off the US mainland. (slowly crosses fingers)

ETA Holy crap 5 years of continuous HD color video is a RIDICULOUS amount of stored data on site.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes but tar is considered dangerous for the environment and you cant buy it, and feathers are considered products of endangered species so you cant own them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#17]
in before the gun owners in california chime in , that say the state can be saved, if enough pro gun owners move to it.
while those that tried to fight, and saw it did nothing but slow the inevitable complete ban of firearms, and decided to get out while they could, enjoy their unneutered ar's and other non listed handguns and rifles.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
God I hope an earthquake doesn't rip that entire state off the US mainland. (slowly crosses fingers)
View Quote

The state as a whole is salvageable.  We just need to eliminate LA and the Bay Area.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm in CA and the thought has crossed my mind once or twice.

I just started the 10 day wait for 4 new PSA lowers I'm doing new projects on.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Can a state ban entities which are licensed by the feddle gummint?

If so, they could outlaw amateur radio, just as an example.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Those "requirements"

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
in before the gun owners in california chime in , that say the state can be saved, if enough pro gun owners move to it.

while those that tried to fight, and saw it did nothing but slow the inevitable complete ban of firearms, and decided to get out while they could, enjoy their unneutered ar's and other non listed handguns and rifles.
View Quote

Most of us know it's a lost cause.  I'm just here while I finish my education.  As a single dad of 2 kids (both with me full time) I can't live on my own with just the GI bill.  So I'm with the parents while I get the career started.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same as NY..........
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#24]
When the SC affirmed that the 2nd is a fundamental human right (DC v Heller IIRC) , how would that factor into this? CA would effectively be denying people the human right of firearm ownership.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#25]
if California had a heart, they would take in 50,000 Syrian refugees... to show they embrace diversity.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
if California had a heart, they would take in 50,000 Syrian refugees... to show they embrace diversity.
View Quote

Then we would at least know which way to look to watch for threats.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Why I maintain residence in another state.  Fuck those guys  I'm just here for the fishing and they are fucking that up too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#28]
RELAX

The bill is dead.  

Just got an email. (I am on a committe which monitors this bill)
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
When the SC affirmed that the 2nd is a fundamental human right (DC v Heller IIRC) , how would that factor into this? CA would effectively be denying people the human right of firearm ownership.
View Quote

Yes, but it's for the children and guns are scary.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#30]
So, they are not after 'MY' guns.......just the gun dealers guns......Kool!  

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Just get it over with and start confiscating.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
RELAX

The bill is dead.  

View Quote

Dead as a door nail.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Throwing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks.

At least moonbeam doesn't pass everything, like the next potential governor

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
RELAX

The bill is dead.  

View Quote

don't worry. it will be back next week, or next month.... until it passes. then they will make a new set of anti gun laws to push... like requiring residents to each have $1 million in insurance in order to be able to have guns in their homes. etc.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Dead as a door nail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

RELAX

The bill is dead.  

Dead as a door nail.
Thanks for the update, Taft.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
RELAX

The bill is dead.  

View Quote

This time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

don't worry. it will be back next week, or next month.... until it passes. then they will make a new set of anti gun laws to push... like requiring residents to each have $1 million in insurance in order to be able to have guns in their homes. etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RELAX

The bill is dead.  

A year from now we could be seeing all that coming out of DC...............
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RELAX

The bill is dead.  

It just might, but I will also be on the same committee again next year.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
RELAX

The bill is dead.  

View Quote

They pull the same shit every year.

Thanks Taft!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like all laws that California passes for gun control, this one will likely fall under Strict Scrutiny when applied at the federal level or in The SCOTUS. The problem is that it takes time and money to get there and as of yet California's gun rights organizations and the NRA seem to be interested in doing Fuck All to remedy any of it,
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RELAX

The bill is dead.  

It will come back in pieces.  I can see the no-residential-FFL's and the insurance requirement hitting the state within the new few years.  The businesses will simply pass the costs on to their customers.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Pass a law infringing the 2nd Amendment rights of those in that state and no one bats an eye.

Pass a law banning men from peeing next to little girls and everyone loses their minds!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#43]
I hope they succeed in making Commiefornia safe again.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
any gun manufacturer dealer with ANY sense would COMPLETLY 100% refuse to sell guns to ANY California law enforcement agency. 100% refuse to repair any weapons used by any California law enforcement agency. ammunition manufacturers should refuse to sell the state of California ammunition as well.
View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
any gun manufacturer with ANY sense would COMPLETLY 100% refuse to sell guns to ANY California law enforcement agency. 100% refuse to repair any weapons used by any California law enforcement agency. ammunition manufacturers should refuse to sell the state of California ammunition as well.

, make them beg uncle sam for guns and ammo, because no one else will sell them any..

fuck that state.
View Quote

WINNER!!!

/thread

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#46]
You get exactly what you vote for......and the folks in CA keep re-electing turds like the bills sponsor........
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#47]
I think all red states need to come together and pass laws banning something liberals hold dear, like gay marriage. Only agree to repeal said laws if ban states repeal their unconstitutional gun laws.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

WINNER!!!

/thread

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fuck that state.

WINNER!!!

/thread

SafeAct opponents asked the same thing and we got told to stop crying...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

San Bernardino wasn't a clue?

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top