Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 8:02:07 PM EDT
I have recieved three letters from my daughter,14 days time from posting!

I have sent two care packages one 4 weeks ago,one  eight days ago!   She has recieved nada!

She was in Kuwait now is in Bagdad,she was sent (eight) trucks to set up camp for the rest of her Div!   She was able to transmit cell E-mails untill into Iraq,she says as she was driving her trucks into Babdad iraqis were trying to jump onto her truck,she pointed her M-16 at them and said NO!

When they got there several of her woman Sgts said that they were grabbed(fondeled) by the iraqis and asked did this happen to her also?

She told them not no but Hell no,get your head out of your ass ,point it and use it if necessary!

I was really worried about her till I heard that!   But they have never recieved any packages as of yet!

So like posted the Iraqis don't take our women soldiers seriously,maybe when toasted with 3 round bursts they will get a new meaning of Southern Gals!

So something is bad wrong with the mail,She was told she could send a footlocker forwarded to her APO!   Now she hears they will probably not send them, so it sets there at Fort Sill in the Armory !

So heads up has anybody heard from someone that you sent somthing to?

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:06:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I was in contact with one other person and he sent 3 packages to Afghanistan to FREEFALL6. 2 got returned. The package that got thru was food. I will IM this person to post his experience.

I think the military postal system may be all screwed up because of the very heavy volume.

Lets see what happens next.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thta sucks!!  I hope it all gets worked out.

BTW, tell your daugther that all of us here at AR15.com are pulling for her.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I have some buddies that just arrived in iraq from ft sill, in early april.  From what I hear, there is about a three week lag time for packages.  If there is any type of metal itll take longer than three weeks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#5]
We (the family),have sent four packages to my nephew in Iraq. That was over a month ago. The only one that got there was sent through the Red Cross. I think a few letters got there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#6]

The ones I sent got there in 21 days, But they were sent just a few days before the ground troops went in.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#7]
That would be me.  I spoke with the Postmaster on Sat.   The Postmaster stated they are getting a lot of complaints about packages sent to troops.  

He stated that he thought it was a bad idea to restrict packages. (i.e. no packages to "Any Soldier")  This justed pissed folks off and they sent just as many packages after networking with churches/non-profits that support the troops.

The system is overloaded and it will take time to sort out.

He knows that letters (mail less than 1 oz)is making it to the troops, but given the volume of packages over 1 oz,  many will not make it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#8]
We've sent a couple hundred pounds of stuff over TO A SPECIFIC SOLDIER and it got thru in about 3-4wks. We just made sure we packed up goods that he could easily divy up to the rest of the guys in the unit. More goods heading out this week!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife's cousin in the 101st got our three packages about a month after we sent them. He liked the Marlboro's best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top