Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2003 6:58:20 PM EDT
I don't know if anyone else posted this, but apparently the suspect, Biswanath Halder, was an anti-war protestor with his [url=junior.apk.net/~halder/iraq.html]own web page[/url].  According to his resume, he got a BS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Calcutta in 1963.  

Not exactly your prototypical "angry white male."  This guy should be pushing 60.

Oh, and he's got an entire page dedicated to the horrors of Depleted Uranium.  

Damn, I would have hoped that someone who had a degree in EE was brighter than that.  But then he [i]was[/i] protesting the war....
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn shame it hapened, but at least it was a Liberal. I wonder what those Liberals will think after this?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I posted this over in the other thread, but here goes anyway:

--- Begin repost ---
This is way too spooky, but I actually know who Biswanath Halder is!  I haven't met him personally, or even communicated with him, but I have heard the name.

Way back when, I was in graduate school in Arizona in 1992 - 1994.  Those were the days before the World Wide Web as we know it.  Many bulletin boards were on the Usenet system, which still exists today (think of forums like talk.politics.guns)  I was the moderator of one of the few moderated Usenet groups, and in this capacity, came to know of Biswanath Halder.

He was the self-appointed creator of some Internet social group/mailing list for Indian students in the US.  He was a bit of a loon even then, and some of the Indians decided that they would leave and form their own group.  This threw Halder into a huge tizzy, and he wrote emails to everyone and their brother who was remotely connected to the Internet and Usenet, complaining about the rival group.  There was not a damn thing he could do about it, because they had the freedom to associate however they wanted, but he didn't seem to grasp this basic point.

The rest of the Indians went their own way, and Halder disappeared into obscurity - until now.

I had no idea that he was in his 50s/60s - I thought that he was in his 20s, like many grad students.

He was a crackpot then, and looking at his web site today, he only changed for the worse.  At the present time, he seems to be heavily "involved" in anti-war and lefty causes.  I use the word "involved" loosely, because he was obviously a crackpot, and I am not sure if he actually worked with other people.
--- End repost ---
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice way of dealing with a war issue...declare your own on innocent bystanders!

What an asshole.  I hope he gets raped to death in prison.

CJ
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#4]
A flaming liberal goes on a shooting rampage days after the announcement of the AWB?

Maybe the conspiracy theories are right. This guy's certainly loony enough to fall on his sword in this manner.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#5]
On his web page guest book the comments go abruptly from "you have an interesting place here" to "I hope you burn in hell you frikkin monkey" .  There are some revealing posts previous to the murders where his own countrymen bag on him for his views and hygiene (shit stained shorts).  One guy said he's been kicked out of every computer lab he's managed to get into.  Another commented he was great fun to have along on Linux Installfests.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#6]
That website seems to indicate he was a MARINE???

If he was a Marine, why the hell was he (fortunately) such a bad shot???
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought so too at first but the author of that has his name at the bottom.  He wasn't a Marine.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought so too at first but the author of that has his name at the bottom.  He wasn't a Marine.
View Quote

That explains it...

So, fortunately, we are not producing Marines who (a) go on shooting rampages, and (b) can't hit the broad side of a barn...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top