Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 5:13:29 PM EDT

On Rome is Burning on ESPN yesterday, Jim Rome told the story about a recent adventurer who got caught in an avalanche and had a 1,000 pound boulder pinning his arm to the ground. After several days with no food, he was stuck, and he knew he had to do something or he would die. With his free arm he reached in his back pocket to get his swiss army knife. He began sawing his own arm off!!!!!! When he finally got done he staggered to find help and was rescued.

Can you believe that??? I'd like to think of myself as a tough guy but I sure as hell wouldn't be able to do something like that. Could you?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I read that it was a 200lb rock and that the guy actually harnessed himself up and rappelled down a cliff after doing the surgery.

Obviously he is a tough son of a bitch.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I've still not heard how the guy got his f*cking arm under the boulder.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
It fell on him.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://www.stone-dead.asn.au/movies/holy-grail/thumbnails/04-arm-off.jpg[/img]

It's only a flesh wound.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope, about 800 pounds.  I know Aaron rather well.  His mom & my wife's mom are best friends.  My wife grew up with him & his younger sister.  He's a tough SOB though!
He has a doctorate degree in computers & physics, worked for Intel, and got bored.  So, he decided to just spend time climbing mountains.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top