Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3108
Posted: 3/27/2016 2:17:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Star_Scream]
Yes, I know there is a sub for knives but I see cool shit posted here in GD by people who aren't in the sub then forget what the title of the thread was and then get bored trying to search through every random knife related thread in GD.

This is what I usually carry for long bike rides:

A waved Spyderco Delica and a Kwaiken by Dynamik Blades aka Smithy
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WIC:

if you meant Bond by spy movies, we can still be friends

if you meant Johnny English, well...

spaghetti westerns?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TriggerGSP:

War movies, spy movies, westerns, documentaries, conspiracy stuff, crime stuff.

it's hard to make fun of boring

if you meant Bond by spy movies, we can still be friends

if you meant Johnny English, well...

spaghetti westerns?

Bond, Bourne, MI, Clancy, etc.

John Wayne, Eastwood, Ford, etc.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By rbb2:
https://i.imgur.com/MyadySmh.jpg
View Quote

Yay rice.

And pivot rings.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:

That looks awesome.
Seriously.
The blade shape does not do alot for me, but that's a minor quibble when looking at the rest of the knife.
Well done man.
View Quote

The blade shape is like a better version of Olamic's blade shape.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JKrammes:
One more...  This one has an inlayed lock into the frame.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69932/FB_IMG_1685745193471_jpg-2838480.JPG
View Quote

All sorts of cool
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]

I like everything about this picture.
Glad you and JABA are back-ish.
View Quote

Me too.

It gives me hope
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By doubleplusgood:
Your food choices have really been leaning toward the stoner region lately
View Quote

Haha
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#7]

It needs to be legalized everywhere. Not because I personally want it, but it seems less harmful than alcohol, causes far fewer problems (drunken domestic assault comes to mind), and is an excuse for way too much abuse by law enforcement.
View All Quotes
the donuts aren't my thing, but the kids like the treat

surprisingly, wisconsin has not legalized pot. our neighbors have. seems like the type of thing wisconsin would lead the way on, but perhaps it just hasn't been a priority since the cops here are already so lenient on it. pot isn't my thing though regardless.

It needs to be legalized everywhere. Not because I personally want it, but it seems less harmful than alcohol, causes far fewer problems (drunken domestic assault comes to mind), and is an excuse for way too much abuse by law enforcement.

All this. And there has been some medicinal value shown with various strains/by-products.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 80085:

Mine has been rehomed. It’s a good knife but not a great knife.
View Quote

It'd have to be exceptional to get me past the Marfione factor.

I really like the blade shape but solid sources giving it a meh just kinda kills it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]
https://i.imgur.com/6c9Mc9X.jpg
View Quote

Reminds me of work, I have a coworker who cuts donuts in half to eat less but then ends up leaving a litany of half donuts
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

All this. And there has been some medicinal value shown with various strains/by-products.
View Quote

I don't like what's happened to a lot of the states that have legalized it though, even if I agree in principle.

The government shouldn't be able to regulate what an individual chooses to put in their body.

Maybe if it becomes widespread enough it will be better but Washington has been ruined since legalizing pot. I'm not smart enough to know if it's coincidence more than causation (I'm leaning towards the more pro drug people also being very liberal being the cause more than the pot itself) I don't want to see any other states getting ruined like my home state did though.

Here's some knives to apologize for bringing politics in here.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

I really like the blade shape but solid sources giving it a meh just kinda kills it.
View Quote

All of this. I'm not going to be keeping mine either. It's a good knife but a bit larger than it needs to be, and far heavier than it needs to be. I think it needs the mini treatment to really meet it's full potential, just like the RSK.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

One hundred percent.

I try to keep my politics out of this thread but this.

It's a plant who effects are way less harmful than alcohol but the number of civil liberties and lives destroyed over it are incalculable.

Plus it's bait the Dems dangle out there for votes. Steal their thunder. Legalize it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

I don't like what's happened to a lot of the states that have legalized it though, even if I agree in principle.

The government shouldn't be able to regulate what an individual chooses to put in their body.

Maybe if it becomes widespread enough it will be better but Washington has been ruined since legalizing pot. I'm not smart enough to know if it's coincidence more than causation (I'm leaning towards the more pro drug people also being very liberal being the cause more than the pot itself) I don't want to see any other states getting ruined like my home state did though.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78442/KIMG5723_JPG-2838851.JPG
View All Quotes

100% agree as well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#14]

One hundred percent.

It's a plant who effects are way less harmful than alcohol but the number of civil liberties and lives destroyed over it are incalculable.

Plus it's bait the Dems dangle out there for votes. Steal their thunder. Legalize it.
View Quote

The studies and treatments that are being done with psychedelics and mushrooms are pretty interesting as well.

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#15]

One hundred percent.

View Quote

I forgot about this but yeah, that's a big one too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#16]

One hundred percent.

View Quote

Amen
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:24:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WIC] [#17]
Originally Posted By TriggerGSP:

Bond, Bourne, MI, Clancy, etc.

John Wayne, Eastwood, Ford, etc.
View Quote

you're still ok wyoming

ETA:  Hold on, just saw the MI. Fuck Tom Cruise and his scientology cult.

Back on the shit list wyoming.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#18]
smfh

what, is he from STL? Can't help doing stupid shit?

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Not true. There is significant cost to the rest of the population because people are stupid.

I've told you about the idiots doing fentanyl, calling the sheriff right before they do it, so they can be brought back to life just in time (hopefully) only to do it again. THose people are not only a drain on society normally, they are costing obscene amounts of money in their rescue. I feel like the cost of one Narcan (i think that is it) is thousands and thousands. If you have to outfit each squad car with one or two and have backups because these little shits can afford the drug but not the remedy, why should we make it easier for them? Maybe the policy should be fine, do what you want so long as your baby at home doesn't die, we save your sorry ass once, and after that, you do it again, you just dead. But then you get into the argument that it is not their fault their parents were so shit that they were not raised right and society as a whole failed them for not giving them better parents or making up for the shitty parents. Or that they were genetically predispositioned to it and fuck em anyways.

Geez DFARM, why do you go down these roads? You trying to start the trainwreck of the thread just so you can watch?
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

is good knife. good size for sammich cutting

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#21]

One hundred percent.

View Quote

You say that, but your sigline is a Liverpool advertisement. Thats in the same vein as politics. People have killed for less.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#22]
pssstt...3xprt...guess where I was...

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Not true. There is significant cost to the rest of the population because people are stupid.

I've told you about the idiots doing fentanyl, calling the sheriff right before they do it, so they can be brought back to life just in time (hopefully) only to do it again. THose people are not only a drain on society normally, they are costing obscene amounts of money in their rescue. I feel like the cost of one Narcan (i think that is it) is thousands and thousands. If you have to outfit each squad car with one or two and have backups because these little shits can afford the drug but not the remedy, why should we make it easier for them? Maybe the policy should be fine, do what you want so long as your baby at home doesn't die, we save your sorry ass once, and after that, you do it again, you just dead. But then you get into the argument that it is not their fault their parents were so shit that they were not raised right and society as a whole failed them for not giving them better parents or making up for the shitty parents. Or that they were genetically predispositioned to it and fuck em anyways.

Geez DFARM, why do you go down these roads? You trying to start the trainwreck of the thread just so you can watch?
View Quote

You're the one who brought up legalization, don't try to pass the buck now!
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#24]

https://i.imgur.com/Lf0y9yy.jpg
View Quote

I'm gazing at your meat, and I like what I see.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Reminds me of work, I have a coworker who cuts donuts in half to eat less but then ends up leaving a litany of half donuts
View Quote

so you just need two coworkers like that

who does the hiring? add this to the application to work there.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#26]
back to work

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#27]

I'm gazing at your meat, and I like what I see.
View Quote

I haven't been there in so long, I kinda went overboard. I have $130 in leberkase alone.

The awards thing is kinda impressive. Their walls are lined with awards. Not local podunk town awards, national and international stuff.

Place is kinda dirty and run down inside, so you know it must be good without even sampling anything.

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#28]

You're the one who brought up legalization, don't try to pass the buck now!
View Quote

I was calling out his overly broad statement.

I don't disagree, weed should be legalized. But to say the government can't regulate what goes in my body? If anything they should be working to criminalize HFCS with the hard drugs.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

yup, don't go there hungry,
I see you even got a meatloaf! Good job.

Who made the pasty?
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:14:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#30]

View Quote

Fun fact, my younger brother is less than two weeks out of inpatient rehab because he OD'd on fentanyl. He's a retard.

I suppose we'd need to take the safety nets away to make it so people are responsible for themselves.

I thought the same thing when they were arguing about what to do with "the jungle" in Seattle. Just give everyone as many drugs as they wanted, only rule is that they have to do them in front of the person who gives it out.

I was calling out his overly broad statement.

I don't disagree, weed should be legalized. But to say the government can't regulate what goes in my body? If anything they should be working to criminalize HFCS with the hard drugs.
View Quote

I don't know where to draw the line on drugs but our food companies are allowed to feed us stuff that isn't food.

ETA: southern snacks!  I haven't had boiled peanuts since I left the job before last (they sold them at the PX and shoppettes but not at any local stores and I didn't care enough to order some from online)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Stupid bolt thought it'd be funny to seize up. I couldn't find the liquid wrench so impact wrench had to do

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Stupid bolt thought it'd be funny to seize up. I couldn't find the liquid wrench so impact wrench had to do

https://i.imgur.com/AFlWSji.jpeg

View Quote

That DeWilt and socket look like they've never been touched.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Best grill evar! Firing mine up right now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#35]

It's San Mai or cored Damascus.  Solid homogeneous core with Damascus cladding on both sides.  Its etched, then polished.
View All Quotes
One more...  This one has an inlayed lock into the frame.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69932/FB_IMG_1685745193471_jpg-2838480.JPG

I have questions.
Please forgive me if I come off ignorant, but I am a user/buyer not a maker.
Was the edge of the blade done as a Damascus with a hamon? Or was it designed like that with a different piece of steel that was welded to the Damascus?
I remember seeing all the work Kuraki put into a basketweave Damascus knife and cannot imagine the man hours involved....

It's San Mai or cored Damascus.  Solid homogeneous core with Damascus cladding on both sides.  Its etched, then polished.

Doh!
That was an option I had not considered.
Thank you for clarifying.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#36]
What am I up to tonight????
" />

oh and this, too....
" />
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#37]
https://i.imgur.com/LkiOrRd.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/LkiOrRd.jpg

oh and this, too....
https://i.imgur.com/SbinLlJ.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/SbinLlJ.jpg
View Quote

How'd you get the knife and veggies to stick to the wall like that????
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#39]
https://i.imgur.com/LkiOrRd.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/LkiOrRd.jpg

oh and this, too....
https://i.imgur.com/SbinLlJ.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/SbinLlJ.jpg
View Quote

Besides living the good life?

I'm not sure. Lol
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Yes!

Knife pile!
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#41]
parsley, rosemary, summer savory, thyme, garlic and oil" />
and the mortar and pestle that my grandma brought back from Spain
" />
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Schpread it on the flat iron steaky:

" />

verdure:
" />
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#43]
thinking back to your comment about it needing to be about 90% in size, I could see that, it might feel a bit better in hand, but in reality, it isn't that big really

If you are trying to use the hole for deployment, it feels a bit thick, harder to do. Maybe if I had Kuraki size hands, but I can only roll it out. Ram lock flick and it is great.

Fit and finish is great, good attention to details, sharp as fuck, fair price if you can get it at MSRP. Scales could use a bit more texture, maybe some milling in the G10, definitely need a micarta option

it's a good large size working knife
View Quote

I didnt realize the Bad Monkey was that big?
It looks pretty close in size to the Hattin?
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Your food choices have really been leaning toward the stoner region lately
View Quote

Well, he's a dirty hippy, so....
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#45]
antipasti:
" />" />
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#46]

The studies and treatments that are being done with psychedelics and mushrooms are pretty interesting as well.

View Quote

I was talking to an old guy I used to work with was one of the most uptight, angry and stubborn person I've ever met. He's been microdosing psylocibin for a while and he's like a new person. He's reached out to people he used to beef with, he's way happier with his wife, and he's gone back to school because he feels like he can learn againm

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#47]

is good knife. good size for sammich cutting

https://i.imgur.com/CI43XG9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EwnjS1j.jpg
View Quote

Pic isn't doing it favors
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#48]

You say that, but your sigline is a Liverpool advertisement. Thats in the same vein as politics. People have killed for less.
View Quote

More like a religion but my work disagrees.

And to be honest I didn't remember that I have a sigline since I usually browse on my phone
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
the donuts aren't my thing, but the kids like the treat

surprisingly, wisconsin has not legalized pot. our neighbors have. seems like the type of thing wisconsin would lead the way on, but perhaps it just hasn't been a priority since the cops here are already so lenient on it. pot isn't my thing though regardless.

Constitutionally, you are correct it should be legalized.

My complaints about marijuana legalization is two fold:

1...there is no current test/testing system that allows for rapid testing and accurate results of someone suspected of DUI marijuana that can distinguish between the THC levels in the blood that may or may not be present from prior use and thus no longer impairing driving. This is a market driven issue and as more states legalize, I'm sure something will be developed.

2... There are credible studies that indicate chronic high THC use in teens and young adults causes mental health issues such as bi polar disorder. The human brain does not fully mature until approximately 25, and playing with chemicals while something is in development is a good way to skew the development. Additionally, when you legalize something, you will create a monetary gain for those who are capable of increasing the yield of the product. Since marijuana has been legalized in many states, the chemists and botanists have gotten involved in boosting the THC levels of marijuana.

I realize these studies are currently controversial, but it is something to consider.

Once those two issues get resolved, I'm fine.

Granted I'm on the other side of the fence than you are...but you're not wrong per se.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Damn
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3108
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top