Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/25/2016 12:52:32 PM EDT
Get a load of this guy's gear.  First off he doesn't have any "real warrior's AK-47 or any AR-15 with $1000 optics.  He has a 50 year old SKS which is mandatory for every overweight mall ninja to own at least one of.  His load carrier looks like something made for airsoft, and get a load at his tacticool gloves.  They even have armored knuckles in case he gets into hand to hand combat with North Korean secret agents.  Don't get me started on his fashionable do-rag.  What does it even say, "Budweiser"?

...except that this ISN'T some mall ninja wannabe old guy.  This is an actual pro-Russian separatist fighter in Ukraine..or at least he was; we don't know if he's still alive.  This guy is one no nonsense fighter and odds are good he's seen a few engagements for him to be standing sentry like that.  So I ask, where does the line from "Tacticool" and "airsoft" end and the line to "bad ass" and "Tier 1" begin, other than actually taking your gear to actual war?   If a soldier buys an airsoft vest and takes it to Afghanistan, does it stop being an airsoft vest?

Just throwing the question out to the resident equipment snobs here with the camo painted ARs and $1000 optics...
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not the arrow - it's the Indian.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Pro-Russian, huh?

You'd think Vlad would toss him some better stuff.

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I think this falls under the best gun/gear to have is the stuff at the time you need it.

Now if you have the means to better gear and "$1000" optics why wouldn't you?
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

If I had to fight him I'd be damn sure wanting surprise on my side.

Of course, that's true if I'm fighting an overwieght 15 year old girl too.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
That bayonet sure is shiny.

ETA:  Who gives a shit what he looks like?  You're trying to make a point about his gear, and what that looks like, based on what he looks like?
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
So you're upset because some people have expensive optics and you don't?
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#7]
No Oakleys.

He's probably dead.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Show me on the doll where the mall ninja touched you...

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ayep.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#10]
High speed low drag drunk Russian
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't see much tacticool crap on him.  Now if he had a plastic stock and grip on his SKS with a utg red dot, you might be onto something.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Dude I laughed so hard. 10+ tacticool points.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#13]
If gear works, it works. Being concerned about looking tacticool or airsofter or Tier 1 or whatever is stupid. I was issued a bunch of LBT gear for my 3rd deployment and still used this Condor bag with a 6 mag pouch mounted to the MOLLE panel as my bail out bag.  It easily held a few bottles of water, a bandoleer of ammo, two field stripped MREs, and a can of CLP inside of it and I was able to keep four loaded mags and an ICOM in the pouches mounted to the MOLLE panel.  '

I bought that bag primarily because it was the only thing in store at the surplus store right before we deployed that fit the need. It held up to more than a few ground movements in RC-East and fit pretty well being between the driver and TC seats in an NTV.  

Condor or not, it fucking worked.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
...equipment snobs here with the camo painted ARs...
View Quote

Painting rifles is now snobbery?

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#15]
... where does the line from "Tacticool" and "airsoft" end and the line to "bad ass" and "Tier 1" begin...
View Quote

When there is a 50-50 chance some six-fingered bustard that, under normal conditions, couldn't hit a cow in the tit with a tin cup can use a rifle, grenade, IED, mortar, howitzer, rocket, missile, ground-attack helicopter, or strategic bomber to wax your ass.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#16]
How do you know he is a 'no nonsense' fighter off of one pic?
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#17]
He looks like he would pop your eyeball out and eat it while you watch with the only eye you have left. He's probably a better shot than me too  LOL

In Russia, you probably take whatever gear you can get. SKS are very accurate but reloading them sucks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If gear works, it works. Being concerned about looking tacticool or airsofter or Tier 1 or whatever is stupid. I was issued a bunch of LBT gear for my 3rd deployment and still used this Condor bag with a 6 mag pouch mounted to the MOLLE panel as my bail out bag.  It easily held a few bottles of water, a bandoleer of ammo, two field stripped MREs, and a can of CLP inside of it and I was able to keep four loaded mags and an ICOM in the pouches mounted to the MOLLE panel.  '

I bought that bag primarily because it was the only thing in store at the surplus store right before we deployed that fit the need. It held up to more than a few ground movements in RC-East and fit pretty well being between the driver and TC seats in an NTV.  

View Quote

I don't understand the Condor hate.  I have a carrier of there's and I like it. Guess if it's not $500 plus it's trash to some people
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Get a load of this guy's gear.  First off he doesn't have any "real warrior's AK-47 or any AR-15 with $1000 optics.  He has a 50 year old SKS which is mandatory for every overweight mall ninja to own at least one of.  His load carrier looks like something made for airsoft, and get a load at his tacticool gloves.  They even have armored knuckles in case he gets into hand to hand combat with North Korean secret agents.  Don't get me started on his fashionable do-rag.  What does it even say, "Budweiser"?

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5557/15067920982_0a92ff97a0_b.jpg

...except that this ISN'T some mall ninja wannabe old guy.  This is an actual pro-Russian separatist fighter in Ukraine..or at least he was; we don't know if he's still alive.  This guy is one no nonsense fighter and odds are good he's seen a few engagements for him to be standing sentry like that.  So I ask, where does the line from "Tacticool" and "airsoft" end and the line to "bad ass" and "Tier 1" begin, other than actually taking your gear to actual war?   If a soldier buys an airsoft vest and takes it to Afghanistan, does it stop being an airsoft vest?

Just throwing the question out to the resident equipment snobs here with the camo painted ARs and $1000 optics...
View Quote

Is this where you try to justify being poor and untrained?

I don't give a fuck how "cool" your home-boy looks, he's probably going to die, or is already dead.

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yepper.  I met many guys over my career that I wouldn't want to fuck with if they were issued a Mosin, a two dollar machete, fighter pilot sun glasses and were wearing blue jean daisy dukes, a muscle shirt and combat boots.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like Harvey Keitel.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#22]
He's the definition on low drag. However, I can't take him seriously without the tapco extended mag.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don't understand the Condor hate.  I have a carrier of there's and I like it. Guess if it's not $500 plus it's trash to some people
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ladies that have Louis Vitton purses look down on the gals with Target purses.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#24]
How can we tell what tier he is if we can't see if he has tattoo sleeves. Everybody knows real operators have sleeves.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The people who paint rifles typically tend to be, but no, the act in itself is not.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of it is justified because some of Condor's gear sucks and comes apart at the seams. It's also imported, but so are most of Snugpack, Kelty, REI's in-house brand, and Eberlestock products.  

If a piece of gear is a piece of shit, then it is a piece of shit.  From that same surplus store a few field grades bought these slings and I saw one M4 fucking fall right off of the HK hook.  I took a look at afterwards and the hook had bent because the metal they were using was much softer than the QD mount's metal.  This was early into our deployment, like we got over there in January and there was still a good layer of snow covering the ground.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#27]
He's just probably some old dude, short on cash or pissed off to the point where he was like, "fuckit!, just gimme whatever you got left in the armory".

Probably untrained and stuck on sentry duty so younget, more spry folks could go to the front.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
He's just probably some old dude, short on cash or pissed off to the point where he was like, "fuckit!, just gimme whatever you got left in the armory".

Probably untrained and stuck on sentry duty so younget, more spry folks could go to the front.
View Quote

Lies, he is a hard motherfucker that saw campaigns in Angola and Afghanistan then did nothing for 30 years, to get paid by Putin, sorry i meant fight for Ukrainian freedom, which is best served by pulling sentry duty.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

???  Wait a minute...someone actually makes mall ninja action figures?
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#32]
This thread is special.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
He's the definition on low drag. However, I can't take him seriously without the tapco extended mag.
View Quote

It's your funeral, bro.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yup.

OP, How is that chip on your shoulder healing?
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep. From the Costa/Magpul Dynamics days IIRC.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#36]
I give him credit.  Not in his mom's basement, and making a statement in the real world.  I'll buy him a beer.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Purple panties in his right side pocket.

Must be a tier 1 panty sniffer

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How do you know he is a 'no nonsense' fighter off of one pic?
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I bet that guy can fight like a motherfucker.
View Quote
better than 87% of Arfcommers.

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have no dog in this fight because I am in no way a high speed/low drag tacticool dude. I don't want to be and don't try to pretend to be but all you sound like is low income cry baby who pissed that other people can afford top of the line gear and you can't. Who cares if someone paints their AR and has a $1k optic on it? Who cares what some dude standing on the side of a road in the Ukraine has? How does any of that effect your life?
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you miss the thread where people were losing their shit over painting guns?

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rattle can to sr15 or scar is teir1 snobbery, extra points for including optics over 1k in the rushed paint job to signify no fucks given full battle operator
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Waiting on the pic of the guy wearing the life jacket as body armor!

His facial expression says more than his gear.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Purple panties in his right side pocket.

Must be a tier 1 panty sniffer

View Quote

I hear panty sniffing convictions can lead to you having to register as a sex offender upon conviction.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#46]
These podunk partisans look like they can't even afford an etool.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Rattle can to sr15 or scar is teir1 snobbery, extra points for including optics over 1k in the rushed paint job to signify no fucks given full battle operator
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  Something you can pull right off with fifty cents' worth of acetone, and people care?

It's not like it ruins the rifle.  Good gravy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#48]
perhaps you hit on the truth in your OP "overweight mall ninja."  As long as you are reasonably in shape. As long as you actually use your gear in a real situation and are comfortable with it. Then and only then do you cross over from the tacticool to the truly hard operator.

I do agree with the point you seem to be alluding to.  People seem to spend too much on ultra tier 1 gear so the can look awesome and serious.  However, if they have the cash, they can spend it how they want.  I already ignore echo chamber statements about things I have or might purchase because they aren't tier 1.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

A friend of mine bought that exact same bag.  Like a week later he got bit by a coyote.  Bit him pretty hard too.

I don't need that kind of trouble.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Everyone wants to be a gansta...

You know the rest.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top