Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2016 4:06:15 PM EDT
I was looking at one today.  Aside from the ghastly trigger pull, do they have any other issues?  Thinking of getting one just because of the price.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#1]
They revised their original models to address the issues seem when they were released. Seem very solid now, along with some sort of new non browning type action they are designing.

If you want to be amazed look on their website at the number of colors they offer, kind of insane.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was looking at one today.  Aside from the ghastly trigger pull, do they have any other issues?  Thinking of getting one just because of the price.
View Quote

I've never owned one, but one of my coworkers bought one recently.   It broke before it went through a box of ammo and had to go back to the factory.   They're supposed to have a good warranty, but I don't know how reliable they are.  My sample of 1 isn't big enough to call them junk, but it's enough to make me cautious.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Every time I see "SCCY", my mind pronounces it "SUCKY".  Not sure if that is a fair representation of the brand, but it sticks with me........
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one for a minute, never fired it but it looked to me to be a better Keltec p11, i had a p11 and actually liked it and it functioned 100%, I sold the SCCY to buy something?? Make sure you get the CPX2, the 1 was the one with the most issues, fits well in a holster for an lc9 too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Ment to add- a but gimmicky but cool, their warrantee will replace your pistol if its is stolen or taken after a DGU.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#6]
A customer transferred one through us.

He was uberdissatisfied with it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a CPX-1. It's decent for a cheaper handgun, and feels better in the hand than a p-11. I hate the ambi-safety (redesigned in the cpx-2) and the trigger is pretty bad, but it eats everything I feed it, including all sorts of random hollow points. Granted, I have less than 200 rounds through it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top