Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/23/2016 12:10:35 PM EDT
No link to quote in this article (I'm listening to it live, but that's what he said), but basically, the gist is Saudi's see oil somewhere around $20 a barrel. Bad news for you oil guys.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/23/al-naimi-we-in-oil-industry-have-more-that-unites-than-divides-us.html
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The end is near...
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry the first Nuke that hit the ME will change this.

2-3 yrs somebody is pulling the trigger, just pray it isnt Israel.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I might go pour all 120 gallons of diesel in the back of my pickup all over the yard, light it on fire, and then DO IT AGAIN
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure they can, but if every other oil exporting nation creates a new OPEC, it might change their minds.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Good we need cheap energy to rebuild our country. Sound like the Sauidi A needs to get Americans back to work more than our politicians do.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure they can, but if every other oil exporting nation creates a new OPEC, it might change their minds.

View Quote

That works great for the Saudis. The new opec cuts oil production to raise the price, thier members make more per barrel but sell less barrels. The Saudis keep their production high and sell a lot of barrels at a higher price.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I might go pour all 120 gallons of diesel in the back of my pickup all over the yard, light it on fire, and then DO IT AGAIN
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Watch the wheat harvest in Russia.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#10]
He is lying, as usual.

They are playing a game. A game they can't win.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Folks need to remember that Kuwait was invaded for over producing oil.

Saudi may be ok, but the other shitstains in the middle east may have a problem with it.

Txl
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I need a place to neck beard all this cheap oil.

Maybe fill up the Grand Canyon
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good we need cheap energy to rebuild our country. Sound like the Sauidi A needs to get Americans back to work more than our politicians do.
View Quote

We need coal back too.  I really like what Romney had to say 4 years ago about energy.  

We talk about the economy, immigration, ISIS, guns, etc a lot...but it seems like energy is always on the outside looking in when an argument could be made that it's one of the areas that requires our attention the most.  

Remove the export rules or heavily tax the import.  Make American oil the preferred route.  Reign in the EPA on coal, allow them to mine again, and put more money towards carbon capture technology.  Look a nuclear as an option again.  

Cheap, affordable energy is one of the cornerstones of a good economy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Saudi may be ok, but the other shitstains in the middle east may have a problem with it.

Txl
View Quote

That's what I was thinking as well. KSA has a pretty large cash reserve and can afford low oil for a lot longer than other middle eastern oil producing nations. The other nations will no sit quietly and watch their own economies go to shit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#15]
For five years maybe.
Then they can't pay the natives to keep quiet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

The irony of this post is that SA is causing many Americans to lose their jobs.

SA's only goal in increasing supply toe lower equilibrium price, is to put Shale oil, and it's infrastructure, on the fritz.

Once it's on the fritz, they will skyrocket the price of oil.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm afraid that Saudi official is blowing smoke up the collective world's butt.  SA issued debt (bonds) for the first time in 8 years last August and then again in November to cover its growing budget gap and foreign reserve decline.  They spend a ton on social programs to keep everyone happy and their bluff is showing.  Their reserve went from 737bn to 647n just last year (13% reduction).

So they can afford $20 oil but not for very much longer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#18]
might be a big shot in the arm for us motor makers
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm afraid that Saudi official is blowing smoke up the collective world's butt.  SA issued debt (bonds) for the first time in 8 years last August and then again in November to cover its growing budget gap and foreign reserve decline.  They spend a ton on social programs to keep everyone happy and their bluff is showing.  Their reserve went from 737bn to 647n just last year (13% reduction).

View Quote

The only way they afford $20 oil is by taxing the hell out of the citizenry. If they keep current oil production going, they're bankrupt in five years.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#20]
My wallet likes it, get over it
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Been hearing that every year since Reagan took office.  Gubernatorial office.

Israel isn't doing to start flinging nukes.  They'll fling some in reply, but they will not start.  If they eat one or more and reply, they'll recover.  If they start it, they will cease to exist as a nation.  Israel has said they'll go down swinging.  They are not suicidal as a nation.  Not even the Iranians and Norks are suicidal.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not going to happen unless Russia is in the center of this new proposed OPEC. Right now the Saudi's are the US of the middle east
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Hmmmm. Sounds like a good time to trade in a Prius for a Tahoe.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#24]
The Saudis have started slashing easy living subsidies and are prepping an ARAMCO IPO, both of which pretty much proves they are already in dire straits.  Or planning ahead for a long war.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Finally burning ground hornet and groundhog holes is economical again!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The only way they afford $20 oil is by taxing the hell out of the citizenry. If they keep current oil production going, they're bankrupt in five years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  Do a search on "Saudi economy" or "Saudi economic slowdown" and you should find some eye-opening articles.

This one puts it mildly:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-04/the-cost-of-oil-s-slump-saudi-economy-shows-signs-of-slowdown
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Sure. They keep cutting benefits for the citizenry and they're going to see some new snack bars open.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Who has control of Libya these days? At some point ISIS will make it to CHAD and well there goes the hood.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Who has control of Libya these days? At some point ISIS will make it to CHAD and well there goes the hood.
View Quote
ISIS is destroying oil facilities in Libya.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Chads got uranium. Iran Has the factories. Israel is in the most direct route to my feeble mind.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
For five years maybe.
View Quote

LMAO. They don't need to keep the natives quiet. They can just kill anyone who rises up. Not hard in a place like that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#32]
This is how the house of saud wages war when they can't  buy an army to fight it for them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh you can exist on $20 oil pricing?  Ok, then lets make it $20
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Txl
View Quote
Why do you suppose SA claims to have atomic arms?

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

SA's only goal in increasing supply toe lower equilibrium price, is to put Shale oil, and it's infrastructure, on the fritz.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saudi Arabia is more concerned about Iran and their oil revenue than they are about shale.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

No link to quote in this article (I'm listening to it live, but that's what he said), but basically, the gist is Saudi's see oil somewhere around $20 a barrel. Bad news for you oil guys.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/23/al-naimi-we-in-oil-industry-have-more-that-unites-than-divides-us.html
View Quote

Not just bad news for "you oil guys"....

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Sweet.  Oil prices have been stupid high for too damn long.

I'm tired of subsidising bro-dozers bought by people who should be saving their boom/bust $ but don't and then whine when a bust hits.

I don't mind them being paid well....it's not that.  I mind that they think they are entitled to high oil prices and thinking that their particular job is going to be $200k a year, every year when history does not prove that out.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't believe them. Haven't they been bleeding cash reserves since the bottom dropped out?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

LMAO. They don't need to keep the natives quiet. They can just kill anyone who rises up. Not hard in a place like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For five years maybe.

Tell that to the former leaders of Egypt & Libya and the current leader of Syria.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
He is lying, as usual.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't believe them. Haven't they been bleeding cash reserves since the bottom dropped out?
View Quote

The question is who can sustain the bleeding longer?  The Saudis or the people the Saudis are trying to knock out of the game?

If the Saudis didn't think they were up to the task, they be keeping oil high and buying arms instead of bleeding via oil $.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I'm tired of subsidising bro-dozers bought by people who should be saving their boom/bust $ but don't and then whine when a bust hits.

I don't mind them being paid well....it's not that.  I mind that they think they are entitled to high oil prices and thinking that their particular job is going to be $200k a year, every year when history does not prove that out.
View Quote
Over generalize much?  My "brodozer" cost me $4600 plus a trip to Wisconsin.  Only 9000 miles on it too.  Full one ton 4x4 Chevy with NP205 transfer case and 4.56:1 axles. Detroit locker rear, Dana LS front.

Most of the workers I know drive company rigs.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Over generalize much?  My "brodozer" cost me $4600 plus a trip to Wisconsin.  Only 9000 miles on it too.  Full one ton 4x4 Chevy with NP205 transfer case and 4.56:1 axles. Detroit locker rear, Dana LS front.   Most of the workers I know drive company rigs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Over generalize much?  My "brodozer" cost me $4600 plus a trip to Wisconsin.  Only 9000 miles on it too.  Full one ton 4x4 Chevy with NP205 transfer case and 4.56:1 axles. Detroit locker rear, Dana LS front.   Most of the workers I know drive company rigs.

Then maybe....just maybe....you aren't the kind of "I spent all my oilfield money the year I made it and now I'm broke" person I was speaking about, now are you?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#44]
BS.  They need $$$ to meet their budget.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its bad news for everyone....the downturn in oil is having a major effect down here, and all the other oil producing areas in the US.

Yeah, I know the general GD mantra is fuck the oil guys, no more brodozers and boats, yadda, yadda, yadda....

And while the low gas prices are good, on the whole, I think it is more detrimental to the economy in the long run.

I think a moderate stabilization around $50 or so a barrel would work out much better in the long run for us. If there is a long term downturn and all the oil companies down here just shut in the wells, and get rid of equipment, etc, etc, it will take a long time to get everything ramped up again to where we need it. Plus we are back on depending on the scumbags in the ME and producers elsewhere who can put the screws to us at any time.

Like it or not, all that money being pumped into the oil producers had a positive impact on the economy...lots of people put to work, lots of money to buy brodozers and boats which put people to work in those industries, and so on and so on....

$20 a barrel will end up hurting us a lot more than helping us, I think....
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Saudi Arabia is more concerned about Iran and their oil revenue than they are about shale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This plan was started in 2014, Iran's oil sanctions were lifted last month. SA's primary goal was to eliminate shale oil from biting into their revenues.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not exactly the full picture. They are making a profit on $20/bbl oil but their government depends on more than for funding. They have to decide things like do we preform routine maintenace on these wells or buy that group of princes new mercedes. Can't do both at $30/bbl.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

He is lying, as usual.
View Quote

This.
Saudi ceases to exist at $20 oil for any extended period of time.
They have $500 billion in savings and at $30 oil, they use about 20% YoY of it to pay expenses.  
In other words, even at $30 oil, they are totally and completely out of money in 3.5 or 4 more years.  
They'll blink.  Just watch.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Then maybe....just maybe....you aren't the kind of "I spent all my oilfield money the year I made it and now I'm broke" person I was speaking about, now are you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My brother rode the oilfield wave and made some serious $$$$. He was smart and saved his money, let the company pay his expenses, stayed on sight in his camper rather than pay outrageous money on hotels and eating out.

He didn't get sucked into the bro dozer and man toy craze. I was talking to him last October when I was at my dad's camping and he has enough in savings to ride this bottom out. He mentioned that he might even take an early retirement at the young age of 35. Right now, he is just tooling around doing what he wants, contracting out an odd job here and there. Still making enough to pay is bills on just that.

That little bastard is always calling asking to take trips to the coast to camp and fish. He is even planning a five day river float trip down some place here in Texas. Giving me shit because I can't commit to a timeframe.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Not exactly the full picture. They are making a profit on $20/bbl oil but their government depends on more than for funding. They have to decide things like do we preform routine maintenace on these wells or buy that group of princes new mercedes. Can't do both at $30/bbl.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. Saudi Arabia can produce oil at $20/bbl but they need oil at $106/bbl to make all of their welfare programs and subsidies. http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/03/oil-prices-and-budgetsthe-opec-countries-most-at-risk.html Add to that it takes capital $ to drill new wells, buy new equipment, develop more efficient equipment & technology, etc...Look at Venezuela for an example of what happens when a country uses all oil profits to pay for welfare programs and no money goes back into future oil production.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top