Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2016 7:01:14 AM EDT
The shop radio is now on NPR all week. I'm an hour in, and already want to shoot myself in the face.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Must've been a serious bet to justify putting up that kinda price...
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Going to wear a sanders shirt tomorrow?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Had to do with Trump winning SC. Now there's hell toupee.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Ear plugs.

Use them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:22:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ear plugs.

Use them.
View Quote

Against the bet.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The shop radio is now on NPR all week. I'm an hour in, and already want to shoot myself in the face.
View Quote

No doubt you'd rather be listening to Rush Limbaugh, the Big Fat Idiot.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:24:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone betting against Trump going forth is going to be experiencing similar outcomes.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If by Limbaugh you mean Fox Sports radio, yes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:26:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Just talk to everyone all week in teh NPR sweaty balls voice.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:29:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

The condescending tone and stupid overuse of haughty words is almost as bad as the content.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Try to pick up the smarmy unctious tone all of the announcers and hosts use and turn it on your coworkers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#12]
What was the bet?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Is a bigger, louder radio to drown out that one against the rules?

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The condescending tone and stupid overuse of haughty words is almost as bad as the content.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget the guy with the annoying lisp
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:54:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What was the bet?
View Quote

That Cruz would beat Trump in SC
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL your avatar is full of win.

Duke Trump Nukem.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:59:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What was the bet?

That's just a silly bet. Who did not know Trump would win that?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Pretty much the only thing worth listening to on NPR is Echoes, if they even still have that show.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Wait till Diane Reem comes on. I swear, you'll be expecting her to expire with every breath she takes. After two minutes, you'll be wishing she does.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Enjoying their gleeful postmortem on the death of the bush dynasty?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wait till Diane Reem comes on. I swear, you'll be expecting her to expire with every breath she takes. After two minutes, you'll be wishing she does.
View Quote

Yeah.

Nothing highlights government paid for stupidity like the croaking of diane reem.  the fucking cunt cannot physically talk and yet she has a nationally syndicated 2 hour program.

never mind fuckstick mcdonkeyface and his prairie home companion
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Fox   has talked  for an hour all positive  on Trump......       The movement is growing        Trump  going to win  big
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Wait till you get to John Hockenberry's show. That guy is a flaming douchenozzle of faggotry. I fucking hate that guy, not that I don't hate everyone on NPR but that guy really grinds my gears. I swear he has a rape whistle.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah.

Nothing highlights government paid for stupidity like the croaking of diane reem.  the fucking cunt cannot physically talk and yet she has a nationally syndicated 2 hour program.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

But she actually has some really insightful comments and questions. It took me a while to get used to the pacing of her questions, but now I see them as very deliberately-worded.

She's retiring soon, though, if her regular absences from her show indicates anything. She's doing book tours and taking vacations regularly.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

But she actually has some really insightful comments and questions. It took me a while to get used to the pacing of her questions, but now I see them as very deliberately-worded.

She's retiring soon, though, if her regular absences from her show indicates anything. She's doing book tours and taking vacations regularly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

they aren't her questions.  There are producers and writers.  She has a radio show and she physically can't talk.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#26]
I used to work construction and I freak'n hate a radio blaring
I don't care what's on

I work for myself now..... no radio
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#27]
I live the NPR tone. Can't stand Fox.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I live the NPR tone. Can't stand Fox.
View Quote

I can't stand either.  The only talk radio I can tolerate is sports talk.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I am forced to listen to that new country crap. Auto tuned garbage all day long. It is a "hits" station also. One day I noted the number of times they played each song, and was able to correctly identify the current top 10. I am pretty certain I could name the next weeks #1 with a bit of effort.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#30]
NPR is left but has some good stuff.  Haven't listened in a while but may try it out again.  One segment was were people call in asking questions on where to find or identify things, someone else responds (kinda like here).  Some segments are just stories (kinda like here), http://www.radiolab.org/story/110206-finding-emilie/  Life takes turns, don't be afraid of them, unless it looks like Hitlery is screeching from the rafters.

It's really not as scary as one might think.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

they aren't her questions.  There are producers and writers.  She has a radio show and she physically can't talk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.

If you think that those questions are all her producers and writers, you're sorely mistaken. You don't get to a position like hers without a lot of hard work, and a far-beyond average understanding of most topics.

I can understand not liking listening to her because of her voice, but don't discount her mental capabilities because of it. After all, Stephen Hawking is still a well-respected physicist, so why can't Diane Rehm be a capable journalist?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Meh.  Could be worse.  Could have lost and had to watch MSNBC. Then you would have to stab your ears AND your eyes with an ice pick.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

My brother likes NPR  

I listen sometimes to check in with the lunnies.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Find an NPR station that plays classical not talk radio. Still counts as NPR.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Enjoying their gleeful postmortem on the death of the bush dynasty?
View Quote

We should all be gleeful about that, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NPR listeners think NPR's stance is dead center, unbiased and neutral.  Like most liberal media sources, NPR is stoking the BLM fires and milking it for all the $$ they can.  

FNPR
FBHO
FHRC
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#38]
How old is the shop radio?
The IF used to be 10.7 MHz, so, if you tuned another radio + or - from radio ones station, it would kill the reception, used to drive people crazy doing that. (inn my shop at work with headphones on me)
They'd get up, hit the radio, I'd let play for a minute, repeat....They'd change stations, I would too!
My small radio had a 50' range, good, Evil, fun!
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Find an NPR station that plays classical not talk radio. Still counts as NPR.  
View Quote

Or one that plays nothing but jazz music.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Yeah.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah.

You can almost hear her Iron Lung techs in teh background tripping over cords and shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top