My old hometown made the news
Article Here
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm...  Whatever could we do about rampaging turkeys...

DSC_2111 by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Turkey's are some stupid animals.  I was hunting with a friend one time and 3 larger jakes flew right into where we were calling like 3 feet from us, so he fired and shot one, and the other 2 started attacking the one on the ground rather than run away. I never fired as I still had my pot call in my hand, and was too dumbstruck at the whole situation to even pick up my shotgun.  After a good 5 seconds of the kicking the now dead turkeys ass, the two survivors turned and jetted down the little gulley beside where we were at.

It's like they wanted him out of the picture, convinced him we were pussy instead of 2 very novice hunters and used us to assassinate him.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hmm...  Whatever could we do about rampaging turkeys...

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1453/24018703133_92cf5f89fb_c.jpgDSC_2111 by FredMan, on Flickr
View Quote
It's NJ though can they even own guns?

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Turkey Jerks... He should have Farmers Insurance...
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Turkeys are assholes but a blast to the face from a shotgun seems to give them an attitude adjustment.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Turkeys either love or hate mailmen for some reason...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=turkey+mailman
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Hate crimes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#10]
#turkeyslivesmatter
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Turkey's are some stupid animals.  I was hunting with a friend one time and 3 larger jakes flew right into where we were calling like 3 feet from us, so he fired and shot one, and the other 2 started attacking the one on the ground rather than run away. I never fired as I still had my pot call in my hand, and was too dumbstruck at the whole situation to even pick up my shotgun.  After a good 5 seconds of the kicking the now dead turkeys ass, the two survivors turned and jetted down the little gulley beside where we were at.

It's like they wanted him out of the picture, convinced him we were pussy instead of 2 very novice hunters and used us to assassinate him.

View Quote

Was one of them kind of fake looking eating a carrot and calling everyone, "Doc?"
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nobody ever said turkeys are smart.  They are, however, very wily, and they have absolutely NO curiosity.

But they do stupid things (mortally stupid) when the hormones are flowing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#13]
It's like the turkeys mounted a counterattack !
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#14]
There was an old tom which used to hang out on my Uncle's farm and would take a run at you if you drove up the road to his house.

I got tired of him following me around one day and whacked him on the head with a hoe handle.  He never bothered me after that....  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top