Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2016 3:52:59 PM EDT
When will Geissele counter LaRue's trigger deal?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Challenge.... accepted...?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#2]
When you make the best product on the market, you don't need to participate in a price war.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the G2S for near the same price I believe, around $125.  Haven't installed it yet.  Gotta find it, actually.  

Waiting to receive my $125 LaRue trigger.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When you make the best product on the market, you don't need to participate in a price war.
View Quote

This.  Why sell yourself short if you're already established as the gold standard?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This.  Why sell yourself short if you're already established as the gold standard?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because competition?

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't underestimate LaRue. The guy wants his products on everyone's firearms. And he makes nice stuff.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#7]
As a long time Chip McCormick trigger fan, I wouldn't want Geissele to drop their prices for any reason.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do hurt the brand. Geissele has earned my business but I would mind a good deal to start the new year.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

They don't need to. They are having no problems selling their triggers at the current price point. When a product is selling at its current price point, there's no reason to change that price point. Generally, when a manufacturer lowers the price point on a product, it is because they were having trouble moving that product in the first place. Contrary to ML's arrogant boasting, I suspect his trigger is not doing as well as he had hoped. If the trigger were truly as good as he claimed, why does he still sell the Geissele triggers on his site? Seems a bit odd to personally bash a product that you currently sell on your website.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Because competition?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because competition?  

He already has a trigger that competes in this price category often with $115-125 sale pricing regularly.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Meh. I'm buying the LaRue MBT

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Isn't ALG Geisselle's budget-friendly triggers?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They don't need to. They are having no problems selling their triggers at the current price point. When a product is selling at its current price point, there's no reason to change that price point. Generally, when a manufacturer lowers the price point on a product, it is because they were having trouble moving that product in the first place. Contrary to ML's arrogant boasting, I suspect his trigger is not doing as well as he had hoped. If the trigger were truly as good as he claimed, why does he still sell the Geissele triggers on his site? Seems a bit odd to personally bash a product that you currently sell on your website.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe because he still has inventory to unload?

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that could never ever possibly change
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#16]
G, $100, Ha!
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Picked up a Geissele G2S on Cyber Monday from Geissele for $115 Shipped / No Tax
Extremely happy for a SHTF / Eveyday rifle.
Clean / Light  pull 1st stage and extremely clean break 2nd Stage.
Replaced a Windham Weaponry OEM trigger which was very good...but the
Geissele is VERY,VERY,VERY good
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It can and most likely will at some point as competition breeds innovation, but for now I doubt Geissele is concerned enough to just start dropping his pants on his product because LaRue sold a metric shit ton of his triggers over one weekend.  That was the point.  

I ordered a LaRue and own 3 Geisseles for the record.  If ML's product is the second coming of Christ I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
Geissele is the standard, it doesn't mean they will stay the standard forever.

At $125 the MBT is a much better deal than an SSA or G2S.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geissele has been around the block a few years when it comes to durability & reliability.
Time will tell if MBT stands the test of time and rounds down range.
Time tells all
Good honest competition is good for everyone.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Geissele has been around the block a few years when it comes to durability & reliability.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's made out of S7 tool steel.  It's a pretty fair bet that they won't wear out.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#22]
G2S was $115.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's made out of S7 tool steel.  It's a pretty fair bet that they won't wear out.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time tells all.

Both Companies have great customer service & have owners that will actually get on the phone and talk to their
customers...can't ask for more then that.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Love my SD3G trigger but I wouldn't pay that much again.
It's not that I'm not happy with it but $125 for a Larue will get the nod.
      My cash flow is making me have to shop more carefully.    Larue made in USA for a price I can afford checks all the boxes
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Time tells all

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Time tells all

There was a time when Geissele was new to triggers as well.  I'm not really worried about the S7 MBT wearing out. They've got 145,000 test cycles on one and still running. They also have a reputation to uphold.

I've got a few Geissele's and a few MBT's. I'll take the MBT over an SSA every time.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There was a time when Geissele was new to triggers as well.  I'm not really worried about the S7 MBT wearing out. They've got 145,000 test cycles on one and still running. They also have a reputation to uphold.

I've got a few Geissele's and a few MBT's. I'll take the MBT over an SSA every time.l
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time tells all

I've got a few Geissele's and a few MBT's. I'll take the MBT over an SSA every time.l

You have me wanting to get my finger on a MBT.. Both companies have reputations to uphold.
Like I said  earlier...Competition is good for everyone
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've got a few Geissele's and a few MBT's. I'll take the MBT over an SSA every time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time tells all

This YouTube reviewer mentions somewhat sharp edges on the MBT, no issues with yours?
Jump to 3:15 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22wNdgFxXno

I have a SSA and SSA-E, how much wider is the MBT trigger?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect the motive is something entirely different... Mark started making his own magazines to eliminate "outsourcing" and supply problems, and I suspect that was the same reason he made his own triggers.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what i figured. I have a ssae and was debating on buy a g2s or another ssae. I passed on all the black friday deals. Mark dropped the price on the mbt so i ordered one. If it is on par with the ssa as everyone says ill buy more in the future. Now if the ssae's drop to $125 or $150 ill buy more ssae. I went with a mbt because it is a better deal.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Isn't ALG Geisselle's budget-friendly triggers?
View Quote

Not exactly... ALG triggers are basically "milspec type" single stage stock triggers made to a more consistent trigger pull.

A lot of "standard" lower parts kit triggers are pretty crappy.  The ALGs are the same design but made to better specs.

Geissele and LaRue are two stage "match style" triggers.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Give it time and Geissele will began to price triggers lower.  I want a 3G trigger bad and wish the price would come down.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#32]
I would rather spend the extra money for the SSA-E over the G2S triggers that I bought for $108.00 from AIM. It is that good and I have a growing collection of them. Looking forward to trying an MBT when it arrives.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#33]
This thread again?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Geissele may not have a bottom of the barrel price but I'd rather deal with a company not known for braggadocio.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Give it time and Geissele will began to price triggers lower.  I want a 3G trigger bad and wish the price would come down.
View Quote

Primary arms has them 20% off.Buy it now before the sale ends.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Everyone said Colt didn't need to lower their prices either.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Geissele may not have a bottom of the barrel price but I'd rather deal with a company not known for braggadocio.  
View Quote

I hope you dont enter any of the giveaways that braggart has here for our members.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
This YouTube reviewer mentions somewhat sharp edges on the MBT, no issues with yours?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Time tells all

I don't notice it.  The MBT is fairly wide, right around .30" wide.  You do have to remove the safety to install them.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I hope you dont enter any of the giveaways that braggart has here for our members.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never have, never will.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I don't notice it.  The MBT is fairly wide, right around .30" wide.  You do have to remove the safety to install them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got a black friday deal for an ssa $145.......non issue for me at least.  Let LaRue keep their place in the sub $130 trigger market.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#43]
I have Geissele triggers in two of my AR's.  A G2S in one, and a SSA in the other.

At $100 I'd be in for two G2S's right now.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:14:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time tells all

Good for you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:30:29 AM EDT
[#45]
I have both.  LT's trigger group is decent, but it's not a G yet.   I'll stick with the proven product for now.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:34:11 AM EDT
[#46]
When Geissele had their blemish sale I picked up 3 SSAs for $100 each
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top