Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2015 5:31:27 PM EDT
My wife is trying to tell me her aunt had to get a physicians note before she was allowed to purchase a crossbow in IL.  This sounds absurd to me, but it is IL, so absurdity dictates there.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My wife is trying to tell me her aunt had to get a physicians note before she was allowed to purchase a crossbow in IL.  This sounds absurd to me, but it is IL, so absurdity dictates there.
View Quote

Many states dictate that you can only hunt with a crossbow if you have a disability or are over a certain age. Illinois currently allows anybody to use one from the second Monday after thanksgiving till the end of archery season.

To buy one? I doubt it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Many states dictate that you can only hunt with a crossbow if you have a disability or are over a certain age. Illinois currently allows anybody to use one from the second Monday after thanksgiving till the end of archery season.

To buy one? I doubt it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

To buy one? I doubt it.

^ This is correct
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You needed an exemption to hunt with one in MO until tonight... I processed a lot of them at work.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Pull the full regs for the state, here they're allowed only in modern rifle season, not the more favorable archery season.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.bestcrossbowsource.com/crossbow-hunting-regulations-in-illinois/

• For the temporarily disabled and permanently disabled: hunting with a crossbow is legal during the entire archery season. Certification from a licensed physician is required, and you will need to apply for an exemption by contacting the DNR Office of Law Enforcement at 217-782-6431.

• For those age 62 and older: hunting with a crossbow during archery season is legal in Illinois, and no special permits are required. You do, however, need to carry a valid ID with a current picture and date of birth at all times while hunting; not having the ID with you will result in a fine, even if you really are 62 or older.

• For everyone else: as long as you own a crossbow and a valid archery hunting license, you can legally hunt deer in Illinois beginning the first Monday coming right after the second deer firearm season in the state.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Still has to be in a case from your house to the tree stand though   IIRC  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top