Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 11:51:47 PM EDT
... with my 3yrd daughter.   She wanted to watch a movie, so we put the baby to bed and she curled up with me on the couch.  About halfway through the movie (after time and reality revelations) she fell asleep...amazed she made it that far).  So I started to pick her to take her to bed and she decides to bust out "No bed, stay here with me"

Yup,  she won that one.

Fell back asleep, which is convenient cause that means she didn't see daddy cry like a baby!

CSB, that is all
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't seen it or even heard anything about it. My son called me yesterday and told me to watch it. He knows my dislike of all things sci-fi but said I would dig it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
K
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
You're doing it right op!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:59:04 PM EDT
[#4]
"The last crop of Okra"
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Great movie
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:01:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Same here OP... made me hug my daughter!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Excellent movie!! Crazy twist at the end!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't seen it or even heard anything about it. My son called me yesterday and told me to watch it. He knows my dislike of all things sci-fi but said I would dig it.
View Quote

Then I won't ruin it by telling you he was blind the whole time
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Everyone ready?  Plenty of humans for my robot colony?

Good comedy relief, but the movie made me tear up a bit every time I watched it, which was at least five times.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:04:57 AM EDT
[#10]
That's cool, OP.  Enjoy the time when your kids still want to cuddle/snuggle with you.  It goes by surprisingly quickly.

It wasn't perfect, but I really liked Interstellar(one of my all-time favorites, actually).  I also like this chart:

http://www.filmfad.com/interstellar-explained-visual-flow-chart/

ETA:  I don't want to say too much, but I got a kick out of the interviews at the beginning.  They could have used actors, but those interviews were all from a Ken Burns documentary: http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/dustbowl/ (another film that I highly recommend).  That was killer.
More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2014/11/06/how-ken-burns-surprise-role-in-interstellar-explains-the-movie/
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:11:58 AM EDT
[#11]
one of my fav movies, ever.

EXCELLENT film.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:14:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good comedy relief, but the movie made me tear up a bit every time I watched it, which was at least five times.
View Quote

Yep, I can concur it was VERY dusty in the theatre when I saw it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:26:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That's cool, OP.  Enjoy the time when your kids still want to cuddle/snuggle with you.  It goes by surprisingly quickly.

It wasn't perfect, but I really liked Interstellar(one of my all-time favorites, actually).  I also like this chart:

http://www.filmfad.com/interstellar-explained-visual-flow-chart/

ETA:  I don't want to say too much, but I got a kick out of the interviews at the beginning.  They could have used actors, but those interviews were all from a Ken Burns documentary: http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/dustbowl/ (another film that I highly recommend).  That was killer.
More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2014/11/06/how-ken-burns-surprise-role-in-interstellar-explains-the-movie/
View Quote

Yes, time moves VERY quickly when they are little and it's so easy to miss so much if you aren't paying attention (or are working too much )

Overall I thought the movie was ok.  TARS made it for me actually.   That is awesome about the interviews though!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:29:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I cried too, when I found out Matt Damon didn't actually die.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:32:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

But he did?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:33:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn, dude, you so stupid.  He was already dead.  That's why the kid saw him, but, if you pay attention closely, it becomes obvious that nobody else did.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:38:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I wasn't talking about the character he played in the movie, I was talking about him.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:39:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:40:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wasn't talking about the character he played in the movie, I was talking about him.  
View Quote

*snort*
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:42:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I really liked it.  The only part that irked me was how the daughter's relatives didn't want to meet their famous ancestor who was presumed dead in another galaxy, damn they could have at least waved.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like the OP I cried like a baby as well, I felt no shame. Honestly I've never had a movie get me that bad so many times. I think because it was about platonic love, not romantic love like so many movies. That plus the immense scale of the movie, I truly felt the dire plight of the main characters.

It was incredible how they took a situation so futuristic and vast, and deftly made it human and relatable.

I have to say though I haven't found any people besides here that got choked up or bawled. I think it takes a certain type, but if the movie its you you're a goner.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#23]
No T&A
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:54:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah... I gotta look forward to seeing how bad he ruined 'The Martian' later this year.  Best fucking sci-fi book for 10 years and they cast that turdstain as the lead.

Interstellar was fucking awesome though.  Good ole cerebral sci-fi.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:00:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I liked the end, when he was blind the whole time
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:05:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Fantastic movie.  Just got my own copy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:14:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Good job dad!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:33:41 AM EDT
[#28]
If you're sending a colony ship to another galaxy with the intention of repopulating the human race, it makes sense to pack more than one uterus.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:42:52 AM EDT
[#29]
"This little maneuver just cost us 51 years."
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:46:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Great movie
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:56:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If you're sending a colony ship to another galaxy with the intention of repopulating the human race, it makes sense to pack more than one uterus.
View Quote

They had a detailed plan for a new population on chosen alien planet, you must have missed it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:12:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Jonathan Nolan's original screenplay probably would have been more scientifically satisfying.

But Christopher's rewrite was more emotionally satisfying.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:13:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Johnathon Nolan's original screenplay probably would have been more scientifically satisfying.

View Quote

this thread will go 20+pgs now
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:15:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
one of my fav movies, ever.

EXCELLENT film.
View Quote

Rage, rage against the dying of the light!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:19:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jonathan Nolan's original screenplay probably would have been more scientifically satisfying.

I hope so.  I really liked the movie.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:22:48 AM EDT
[#36]
I got to see this sitting in the center of the biggest screen we have in town.

At incredibly high volume. It was amazing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:25:08 AM EDT
[#37]
I cried too, and I'm not even a father yet. I also never trusted those robots.... Damn metal men...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:39:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mis-heard the rumor. Matt Damon didn't die.... it was his career that died.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top