Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 4:10:44 PM EDT
In a victory for city State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby, a judge on Wednesday denied motions to dismiss charges against six Baltimore police officers charged in the arrest and death of Freddie Gray and to recuse Mosby's office from the case.

The hearing will resume at 2 p.m. when prosecutors and defense attorneys are expected to argue if the trial against the officers should be split up.

Defense attorneys argued that Mosby had gone too far in her remarks announcing charges against the officers, and that her office had numerous conflicts that required her office to be recused from the case.

Judge Barry Williams said he found some of Mosby's remarks "troubling," but said they did not prevent the officers from receiving a fair trial.

Regarding the alleged conflicts, Williams said the defense "didn't come close" to justifying a removal of the prosecutors' office.

Tuesday's arguments largely centered around the actions of Mosby and others in her office — and not the merit of the evidence in the case.

The dismissal motion focused on statements Mosby made while announcing the charges against the officers on May 1 in front of the Baltimore War Memorial. The arguments on the recusal motion focused on the role Mosby and prosecutors played in her office's independent investigation of Gray's death.
View Quote

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-denies-motions-to-dismiss-charges-against-baltimore-officers-recuse-marilyn-mosby/ar-AAdRWJD
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I couldn't have said it better.

FPFNI

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thrown to the masses...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

FPFNI

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FPFNI

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]
The police are learning an important lesson - arrest a black person, and you'll probably go to jail.

When will this shit end?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Why would you want to recuse her?  She's inept.  If anything, I'd make a motion to have her personally try the case.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Why someone would want to be a cop in a place where the people, politicians and judicial systems are all *stacked* is beyond me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why would you want to recuse her?  She's inept.  If anything, I'd make a motion to have her personally try the case.  
View Quote

Yeah, this.  A real lawyer will eat her lunch.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya'll bring up an interesting point.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Gee, what a surprise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top