Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 8:55:48 AM EDT
I set some scrap out in front of the driveway late last night. We live on a very quiet township road, hardly any traffic. I meant to post an ad on Craigslist saying it was out there but didn't get to it last night. It was enough to be worthwhile for someone to grab but not enough I wanted to trailer it in to the scrapyard.

Woke up this morning at 5:45 am and it was gone. It got set out around 11:00 pm. How do these guys work so quick? Is there some secret underground scrapper comm lines? Drones?  Our trash gets picked up Monday mornings so it's not like the usual trash pickers were out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Methheads operate all night.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#2]
i get weirdos in shitty trucks w/ trailers full of shit driving around my neighbor hood all weekend looking for stuff on the curb. people throw out some nice stuff. I got a nice cedar chest and electric trimmers off the curb before.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Methheads operate all night.
View Quote

Very true. I just don't get how they make money just driving around all day and night looking for scrap. But I guess a $10 a day profit is better than nothing for them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Garbage pickers come around the night before and morning of garbage pickup day. I saw a guy doing it this morning at my neighbors house.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#5]
They dig for bottle deposits here
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I put a junk gas grill out by my road last week and it was picked up in 45 minutes. I live two miles outside of town.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#7]
It was Jerry.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put a junk gas grill out by my road last week and it was picked up in 45 minutes. I live two miles outside of town.
View Quote

Usually anything interesting that got put out to the curb was gone within about 30 minutes.
Once I put an entire hand cart load of electronics out there and before I closed my driveway gate, somebody was loading them into their car.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top