Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 8:39:55 PM EDT
Are these sandwiches any good?

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
No it's all commercialized and mediocre.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No it's all commercialized and mediocre.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
bull shit, they are good for a chain and their fries kick ass...still sipping my coke from there right now. Go and allow yourself to be fat and happy. Try the club, with healthy dose of vinegar.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thought they were about average for a chain. Cheese steak was pretty good, and I think they use better breat than JimmyJohns.
They make a dang good lemonade (although I don't drink anything with sugar anymore)
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
bull shit, they are good for a chain and their fries kick ass...still sipping my coke from there right now. Go and allow yourself to be fat and happy. Try the club, with healthy dose of vinegar.

View Quote

Thanks

I will have to try for myself

I usually try Jersey Mikes

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Everything surrounding Penn station is commercialized, expensive tourist fare. The emphasis is on rapid prep and volume of sales. If you don't need the convenience of food ASAP you are better off elsewhere.

If you want to find good New York eats you are going to have to look harder and get away from the major tourism arteries.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Nasty shit.  Tried multiple times to try and understand why some people like it.  Still a mystery.  Fucking disgusting sums it up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Everything surrounding Penn station is commercialized, expensive tourist fare. The emphasis is on rapid prep and volume of sales. If you don't need the convenience of food ASAP you are better off elsewhere.

If you want to find good New York eats you are going to have to look harder and get away from the major tourism arteries.
View Quote

ha...what do you think any of these businesses are? anything in the states look like some fucking cafe in italy where you order 1 espresso and park your ass at a table for 8 hours? They all suck compared to a good chef at his home or some small joint with a owner operator who understands the art of food. Forget it, i'm going on a hunger strike until breakfast tomorrow morning.

Oh and you can keep your NY eats....i'll have a big gulp
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the place just fine. Sure beats Jimmy John's, Quiznos, or Subway (the other sub shops back home). The fries are tasty, the lemonade's pretty good. It's not someplace I'd go if I was visiting a new city with lots of great options, but for a quick lunch or dinner break there are a lot of worse options.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hint: He's talking about a sandwich chain, not necessarily a restaurant around the actual Penn Station.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I like them.   I wish they had a little more variety but that's my only complaint.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hint: He's talking about a sandwich chain, not necessarily a restaurant around the actual Penn Station.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes the chain
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#13]
There's a Penn Station 2 miles from me and I go about once a month. Good subs, fries, lemonade.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#14]
My youngest son and I go there every few months. I get the big Italian sub, he gets a large meatball sub, and we split a large order of fries. Tasty stuff that's a lot better than Subway.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I get gift cards for them all the time, so I'm a regular. It's not bad, though I think they are entirely too pricey if I were paying with my own money.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Love their chicken cordon bleu. Haven't tried anything else from there.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:24:26 PM EDT
[#17]
sandwiches are terrible..fries are mighty tasty though...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I get gift cards for them all the time, so I'm a regular. It's not bad, though I think they are entirely too pricey if I were paying with my own money.  
View Quote

I do hear they are pricey
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top