Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/30/2015 2:58:47 PM EDT
Work for a big company, had a project go exceptionally well, attended the CIO staff meeting today to discuss it and get the 'atta boy' pats on the back.

Never been to the executive floor before.

Opulence, they have it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#1]
How nice are the shitters on the executive floor?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No idea, didn't have to go, but probably gold plated toilet seats
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're probably key carded so you lower people don't contaminate them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#4]
You should have taken a dump in the urinal on the floor.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I do know they have their own executive dining room up there, so they don't have to eat in the cafeteria with us peasants.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Our executive level isn't that fancy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Up there, they aren't called 'shitters', damn uncooth rednecks.  

They are called 'outhouses' because all the shit goes down from there!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#8]
You mean someone pays you to float around in your kayaks and jon boats... or do you actually still work?  You're out and about enough I thought you may have been retired.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

We don't have one. More floor space = higher rent = higher rates = less competitive. So everybody gets packed in.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You mean someone pays you to float around in your kayaks and jon boats... or do you actually still work?  You're out and about enough I thought you may have been retired.
View Quote

I work very hard, and am probably logged into work when you are sleeping most of the time.

I get shit done, they will be hard pressed to find someone who would do what I do for a job.

This isn't a 9:00-5:00 M-F job, and why I laugh when these millennials bitch about the old geezers not retiring so they can have their jobs.

Very few people would want my job, even though it pays very well, relatively speaking.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:20:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll take a bonus check and skip the trip to the executive floor. That's how I prefer my thank you's.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll take a bonus check and skip the trip to the executive floor. That's how I prefer my thank you's.
View Quote

You know you can get both, right?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm with you, but sometimes having some face time with these folks pays dividends down the road.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:26:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on what your goals are.  If you desire to move up it helps having people at the top know who you are.  At least that's been my experience.  I'm sure it's a different situation at each company.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow... wonder what it's like to have the CIO patting you on the back? I started my morning/week out with my CIO in my office doing what he does best -- destroying my soul/morale. Day-in, day-out... he's as big of a de-motivator as I've ever experienced.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is "CONGRATULATIONS you lucky sonofabitch!!!"  

P.S. When my boss takes a vacation... we ALL consider it a vacation for us (from him). It's always a REAL drag when he cuts it short and graces us with his condescending, micro-managing presence once again.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather forgo the formality if possible. I understand sometimes you can't.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Our CFO recently referred to our workforce as 'low-level employees', while giving a presentation at a financial meeting with the whole company.

Most 'C' levels I've encountered are disconnected, entitled assholes. Yours sounds no different.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Good job OP on making your bosses look good with your performance. Good on you for making the effort to go the extra mile. Good job. Hope you'll see results in your paycheck... oh wait...

Just kidding. At least you were recognized for your efforts and the CIO knows your name in a good way now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#19]
This - Make sure that you execute on this project or hand it off to the team in good shape.

Quoted:

Depends on what your goals are.  If you desire to move up it helps having people at the top know who you are.  At least that's been my experience.  I'm sure it's a different situation at each company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:36:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good job OP on making your bosses look good with your performance. Good on you for making the effort to go the extra mile. Good job. Hope you'll see results in your paycheck... oh wait...

Just kidding. At least you were recognized for your efforts and the CIO knows your name in a good way now.
View Quote

I made an office of the CIO member look very good in that meeting, one that is not in my chain of command.

I think some good things are coming my way.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Not sure about your market - this is killing your soul.  any chance for other opportunities?  How long has your CIO been there?  They use to have a half-live of 18 months.

Quoted:
Wow... wonder what it's like to have the CIO patting you on the back? I started my morning/week out with my CIO in my office doing what he does best -- destroying my soul/morale. Day-in, day-out... he's as big of a de-motivator as I've ever experienced.

P.S. When my boss takes a vacation... we ALL consider it a vacation for us (from him). It's always a REAL drag when he cuts it short and graces us with his condescending, micro-managing presence once again.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Work for a big company, had a project go exceptionally well, attended the CIO staff meeting today to discuss it and get the 'atta boy' pats on the back.

Opulence, they have it.
View Quote

I always have trouble walking on the plush carpet that's not threadbare like everywhere else.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm with you, but sometimes having some face time with these folks pays dividends down the road.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing your achievement.  Some folks seem to have taken it that way. I'm just not a formal kind of guy. I prefer to work for cash over praise.  I know other people will go farther than me by rubbing some elbows. I'm not jealous or critical of them, it's just not something I like or want to do.  

So just to clarify my first post for everyone. Here's to you!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like you had a good day.

Hope you picked out the fucker you intend to take down.......

At the very least, find out which one has the hot wife (or legal daughter)....

You KNOW what to do.....

Oh...and pics of course
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I met with the VP a couple weeks ago.

He said he received a courtesy call from someone, (just happens to personally know our VP), who had my resume on their desk for a position I applied for.

He wasn't upset. Just wondered why I was looking. I laid it all out and said basically I was leaving because we have a worthless piece of shit on our team who isn't pulling his weight and management didn't seem to care.
He said it would be addressed and they didn't want to lose me as I'm the Sr. guy on the team.

I'm still looking.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#26]
On rare occasions I've sat next to our CEO when he travels to the San Fran office. Big guy or little guy, we all get the same cube (Except upper management permanently assigned to the SF office, they have a small office mostly for sound isolation more than anything).

Screw trying to feel good about yourself by burning company money on opulence. Entire team should be replaced and building re-purposed IMO.

Profits. You dont get it with mahogany.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Opulence, they have it.
View Quote

LOL, at my last job we called it mahogany row.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I work very hard, and am probably logged into work when you are sleeping most of the time.

I get shit done, they will be hard pressed to find someone who would do what I do for a job.

This isn't a 9:00-5:00 M-F job, and why I laugh when these millennials bitch about the old geezers not retiring so they can have their jobs.

Very few people would want my job, even though it pays very well, relatively speaking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't break your arm…  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#29]
gratz man, always good to network with the suits

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Don't break your arm…  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't break your arm…  

Just stating the truth, sport
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I do know they have their own executive dining room up there, so they don't have to eat in the cafeteria with us peasants.
View Quote

Their time is worth a lot of money, saves time in them having to go to the peasant's location. They probably talk a lot of business during lunch.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm a VP, myself and the other VP's eat out everyday. Today we ate at Cane's lol.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't break your arm…  

Sure thing, chief
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#34]
I've never been to my executive HQ, but I hear they have a swanky bar.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Not sure about your market - this is killing your soul.  any chance for other opportunities?  How long has your CIO been there?  They use to have a half-live of 18 months.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks. It is indeed destroying my soul. Opportunities here are VERY limited. I would have jumped ship long ago if the right one came along.

He's been here for about 10 years, but his family made millions selling/leasing land in the Bakken oil formation... so he could go any time. He's been buying some sweetass toys this year. Lots of guns. Shelby Mustang. Boat. Etc, etc, etc. And he makes comments about walking away because he's "got more money than he knows what to do with". But I think the guy lives to destroy souls... and since his family won't put-up with it, he comes to work so he can do it here.

Seriously... I talked to my wife this morning after today's morale-murder and told her that I'm changing my ways regarding riding my [sometimes errant] kids. I don't want them to EVER feel like they get treated like my boss treats me. It was a real eye-opener putting myself in their shoes because of what my boss does. So I'll use him as a motivator of how not to treat my loved-ones. Maybe I'm supposed to be here after all (since I still have things to learn).
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Opulence, they have it.
View Quote

My recently retired friend's wife called it "Mahogany Row" in their fortune 400 executive suite.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I have a mahogany desk.

But Im just a supervisor. No mini bar here.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I made an office of the CIO member look very good in that meeting, one that is not in my chain of command.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. Someone above you will take the credit and get the bonus.  You get the 'bone-us'.

1000 Atta-boys don't make up for one "Oh-shit".

TC
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

He said he received a courtesy call from someone, (just happens to personally know our VP), who had my resume on their desk for a position I applied for.

He wasn't upset. Just wondered why I was looking. I laid it all out and said basically I was leaving because we have a worthless piece of shit on our team who isn't pulling his weight and management didn't seem to care.
He said it would be addressed and they didn't want to lose me as I'm the Sr. guy on the team.

I'm still looking.
View Quote

And, I'm sure the piece of shit is still on your team.

TC
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Our C suite isn't that nice. But the C level people are all pretty nice guys/women.

My last company (bank) I never saw ANY of the C suite people.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Did the C suite have ivory back scratchers?  Because if not, they're not playing in the big leagues.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Did the C suite have ivory back scratchers?  Because if not, they're not playing in the big leagues.  
View Quote

No Ivory backscratchers.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

TC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still looking.

TC

Why yes he is. Company isn't bad, I like the people, the work isn't bad, it's just that this fucking douche bag just does not pull his weight. He has to be hand held and baby sat in order for him to do anything. Me and the other desktop guy have brought this up to management several times and now that they realize they may be losing good employees because of one sack of shit they are wanting to address it.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Pics of CIO
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm a VP, myself and the other VP's eat out everyday. Today we ate at Cane's lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was a VP and associate director in a past life, not a big deal in certain industries.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Opulence, they have it.
View Quote

Hopefully they at least had the courtesy to give you a reach-around.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Took me 7 years before I had a boss that knew have an atta boy was.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#49]

I got an atta boy
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bastards wouldn't even give you the keys to go visit the Golden Throne to take an attaboy shit...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top