Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2015 12:33:26 PM EDT
Anyone put terminal or electric grease in something like a mag lite to keep it from corroding. I keep a mag lite in my jeep and im worried i will get the dreaded battery leak . Any idea if this helps?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#1]
AFAIK, the only thing that will keep the batteries from eventually leaking and corroding your light is to change them regularly.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Dielectric grease
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone put terminal or electric grease in something like a mag lite to keep it from corroding. I keep a mag lite in my jeep and im worried i will get the dreaded battery leak . Any idea if this helps?
View Quote

It's 2015 bud, time to jump on the 'technology bandwagon' and upgrade.

I kept my two 6D MLs and MiniMags, but upgraded them to inexpensive LED modules.

This being said, if you're worried about slathering grease all inside your light, you're probably ready for some NiMH rechargeable batteries and a good smart charger.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I kept my two 6D MLs and MiniMags, but upgraded them to inexpensive LED modules.

This being said, if you're worried about slathering grease all inside your light, you're probably ready for some NiMH rechargeable batteries and a good smart charger.

Chris
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Ummm, NO.

Maybe you don't know this but regardless of what kind of bulb you have the battery makes a connection from the tail cap side of the battery to the bulb/led module though the aluminum body of the flash light. so it is not a bad idea to put electrical grease on the threads and even the battery contacts. I use NO-OX-ID.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck Batteries:

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh! Flashlight.  That almost got embarrassing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh! Flashlight.  That almost got embarrassing.
View Quote

I see what you did there
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Dielectric grease
View Quote
The back of the lamp head both positive and negative terminals spring and tail cap threads?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you have some reason to not use li-ion batteries?  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ummm, NO.

Maybe you don't know this but regardless of what kind of bulb you have the battery makes a connection from the tail cap side of the battery to the bulb/led module though the aluminum body of the flash light. so it is not a bad idea to put electrical grease on the threads and even the battery contacts. I use NO-OX-ID.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

Ummm, NO.

Yep, $6 on Ebay.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-LUBE-3oz-Synthetic-Grease-with-Syncolon-Multi-Purpose-Lubricant-Dielectric-/321714973982

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top