Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 10:59:27 AM EDT
Yeah, Obama's great, just look. He wants to raise minimum wage to $15/hr and then make any salaried employee who pulls in less than $1000 per week eligible for overtime pay (that's his new thing to shore up the middle class votes for (D) candidates).

So, when the (R) party is sufficiently labeled "evil anti-minimum wage" and "evil anti-overtime pay" by the MSM and (D) candidates make huge gains based on all the extra money these people will be making, do we get to bust out the "Nelson HA-HA" meme constantly as they bitch about having to pay every cent of their Obamaraise toward Obamacare?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#1]
The dems just buying more votes that the republicans won't buy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Exactly.

As in... it's already in so deep that our breath smells like government cock, and Obama wants to give us more.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Uhh...generally you have to work overtime to get overtime pay.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:23:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Unemployment is only $350 a week before taxes. I will keep what I have going now that has been working for years. Thanks O bunghole.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Zero has done more to destroy the Middle Class than anyone since Marx.

Can't have bourgeois vs. proletariat if you have a meddlesome middle class in the way!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#7]
If they raise the minimum rate to $15 at my plant. I am going to be so selective in hiring that I will eventually get good workers out of all that trash. Then those poor suckers won't be on the performance/skill raise level we were all on before. Nor will they be able to get more money for extra certifications. like the rest of us did. I wish them good luck.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm already salary non exempt
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Zero has done more to destroy the Middle Class than anyone since Marx.

Can't have bourgeois vs. proletariat if you have a meddlesome middle class in the way!
View Quote

I came here to say this.  

Take a look at California anywhere in LA, San Diego or in between.  The middle class is all but gone.  I also have family there.  Some continue to gut it out but acknowledge its a loosing fight.  Some are planning their exit.  I used to go to San Jose for work every few months.  Same thing there although not as bad as father south.  

This is America's future.  The middle class will be destroyed.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Unemployment is only $350 a week before taxes. I will keep what I have going now that has been working for years. Thanks O bunghole.
View Quote

275 in Fl.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:36:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Think of what prices will do with a $15 min wage. 20-25 skilled trades will have less buying power. In the end inflation will balance things out.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#12]
i foresee much fewer salaried workers and employers making damn sure they don't get OT
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
i foresee much fewer salaried workers and employers making damn sure they don't get OT
View Quote

I would get mandatory OT every week...

I wonder if my company owners will be happy with their beloved Obama now... Looks like no draws for them now.

Oh & a link would be helpful.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I wonder if my company owners will be happy with their beloved Obama now... Looks like no draws for them now.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

your hours would be cut
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or their salaried pay is going down, down, down...

So yeah, more attacks on the middle class, especially considering the vast majority of small business owners are middle-class.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

your hours would be cut
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

your hours would be cut

Not possible. Seriously.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama overtime pay expansion proposal
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Trying to promise the world to get Democrats more votes for the elections.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Liberals would sell they're children to get elected if that was legal.... maybe  Zero could have SCOTUS make that legal
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#20]
He can FOAD. The overtime salary thing will "help" me (I'm salary and make less than $1000 a week). I agreed to my salary with my employer, if I wan't more money that's between me and them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He can FOAD. The overtime salary thing will "help" me (I'm salary and make less than $1000 a week). I agreed to my salary with my employer, if I wan't more money that's between me and them.
View Quote

Thats a bit of an illusion. *You* dont agree to a salary with your employer. The market rate and your employer agree to a salary, and you fiddle around with bread crumbs around that market rate number.

Now I'm certainly not advocating government intervention one way or the other, but you need to be a bit more pragmatic about how salary negotiations work. If you think you are truly worth $30 an hour and you are applying for a market rate position of $18 an hour, you will never, ever get 30.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#22]
None of them are going to be good

1. all hours will be cut no one hired. Just less money and less gets done. (like Europe)
2. More hired but  less hours so the business can run and the owner can still make the bills.
3. stuff closes up
4. people make less money (all around)

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#23]
And the republicans remain silent with no plans  or ideas to get the economy moving.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Think of what prices will do with a $15 min wage. 20-25 skilled trades will have less buying power. In the end inflation will balance things out.
View Quote

Demand for automation will increase, and those minimum wage jobs will disappear. I imagine many business owners will just say fuck it, and close up shop - who the fuck is going to buy a crappy burger that costs $15?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Obama overtime pay expansion proposal

The rule from the Labor Department would more than double the threshold at which employers can avoid paying overtime, from the current $455 a week to $970 a week by next year. That would mean salaried employees earning less than $50,440 a year would be assured overtime if they work more than 40 hours per week, up from the current $23,660 a year...
View Quote

OK, let's do the math;

Take the guy making $23,660 on salary (equal to $11.38 per hour if they only work 40 hours);
So now you put them on the books at $8.00 per hour for $16,640 per year (slightly more than their subordinate minimum wage slugs are earning), then you have room for $7,020 in overtime.
585 hours @ $12.00 per hour = $7,020.
585 hours split over 52 weeks = 11.25 hours of overtime.
So you can make them work 51.25 hours per week for the same wages that they earn now.
Whenever they take a vacation week they make no overtime so the company saves money.

Same for the guy making $50,440 ($24.25 per hour) on salary;
New rate is $16.00 per hour for $33,280 leaves room for $17,160 in overtime.
715 hours @ $24.00 per hour = $17,160
You can make them work 53.75 hours per week to break even.

Liberals can spend a week trying to figure it out using common core math, but the final numbers won't change.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Give us more what?

Dick in the ass?

Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Bush pretty much destroyed the middle class, Obama finished it of. Fuck both of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top