Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 4:06:55 PM EDT
http://www.timesleader.com/news/local-news-news/153267218/
HAZLETON — Police Friday said a man who provided false identification after a traffic stop had been deported three times by federal authorities. Police identified him as Juan Fuentes, 41, a Mexican national. Fuentes was charged and held at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility.

According to police: Fuentes was driving a vehicle that was stopped for a traffic violation in the area of East Diamond Avenue and North Cedar Street at approximately 5:15 p.m. He identified himself as Juan Hernandez-Perez with a birth date of June 3, 1983. A records’ check found no one with that name or birth date. Fuentes was taken to the police station at City Hall where he was fingerprinted and later positively identified. He was in possession of a fake Pennsylvania identification card. He also was wanted by the county Sheriff’s Office for failure to appear in county court on charges of resisting arrest and public drunkenness. Fuentes had been deported three time by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and had illegally returned into the country. He was arraigned on charges of providing false ID to law enforcement, possession of a fake ID and a driving with suspended license. Fuentes was transported to the county prison.

What do we do to stop this?  They keep coming back.  And keep getting arrested.
This is around 2400 mile from the Mexican border.

How about sending him back with 'ILLEGAL' tattooed under his eyes.  The next time he is seen in the US, he will stand out.  And the same tattoo applied to any one else we have to deport.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I know one way to fix it for good, but it's against CoC and federal law.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't give them welfare and punish the people who employ them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Stopped? Shit, they arrested one guy here a few weeks back on trafficking charges (human trafficking-he was a coyote) who had been busted and deported 20 times, 3 of which he had been suspected of trafficking. Only way I can think of to get rid of them is to make their destination as far south in Mexico as possible. That way they have to navigate the whole fucking country instead of getting dropped off in Nogales.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
What Juan did is standard procedure for illegals. Fail to appear in court and assume a new identity.

I wonder how many times he voted for Democrats?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#5]
All of that taken together is sufficient to hold him e/o bond even on a misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#6]
the way it was done before the border stopped being patrolled by state militias back in the late 60s.

Allow the state militias to catch people at the border and make them go back.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#7]
if he wants to be here so bad let him stay. Life sentence on a chain gang.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#8]
As a person who deals with this kind of thing for a living all the time, let me tell you that there is nothing you can do to stop it.  Unless the law changes, it will only be a revolving door and even then we cannot win.

I probably get people with fake documents (Social Security Cards, Permanent Resident Cards, US Driver Licenses, Mexico Driver Licenses, Birth Certificates, Mexico Passports, US Passports, Mexico Voter ID Cards, Mexico Consular Matricula Cards, Honduran ID Cards, and fake DL's/ID's from nearly every Central American County) at least a few times a week.

Sadly, under TX Law, we cannot arrest for fake foreign "state" documents. It has to be a fake federal document (i.e. a fake Mexico passport).  If there are fake US documents, all bets are off, but not for fake Mexico DL's.

Most times they are not lying about their identity, and merely want to prove citizenship/residency, or that they can drive, but occasionally you do get one who is lying about their name and DOB, usually to hide past criminal history or warrants.  We take them in on that, then they get out, may or may not get deported, and the cycle continues.

Not long ago, I got one woman for a fake SS Card and Permanent Resident Card.  She had come here in 2000 legally on a B1 Visa and during her 10 year legal stay, had pumped out 5 kids, all of whom had SS Cards which she had in an envelope in the car.  She carried that envelope around with all their birth certificates, Lone Star (EBT) Cards, Health Care Cards, etc.  After I told her she was under arrest, she immediately fell on the ground and refused to move, screaming about her 4 month old child in the car.  The child was in a car seat, not buckled into it, and the car seat was not buckled to the car... yeah... she really cared about her kid alright.  We allowed her to call her sister in law as we were doing the paperwork, and her sister in law told her not to worry, because Obama would not deport her since she had 5 US citizen kids, and that he would pass immigration reform to keep her here.  Oh, and she was driving out in a completely trashed out (on the inside) Cadillac Escalade.

A common scheme, and one that is impossible to beat, is when people assume another's identity.  Example: A US born child dies say around 2 or 3 years old.  His family is here illegally and cannot afford a funeral.  A family with an illegal child goes to them and says "We will pay for your child's funeral, and in return, all we need is your child's SSN, birth certificate, etc."  Basically, they pay for the funeral expenses, and in return, they or their children assume someone elses identity.  It is nearly impossible to ever get caught and I am telling you now, we (as in law enforcement) cannot fight that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Easy…
Give him a legit ID, Amnesty and all the freebies us taxpayers can afford.

That will make him a productive taxpaying member of society in no time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Want to stop it?  Have him executed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Invade Mexico and drive everyone to the southern side of the Pamana Canal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As a person who deals with this kind of thing for a living all the time, let me tell you that there is nothing you can do to stop it.  Unless the law changes, it will only be a revolving door and even then we cannot win.
View Quote

It's not even the law changing that needs to happen but the will to enforce current law (like no welfare to non-citizens).
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Want to stop it?  Have him executed.
View Quote

I was thinking amputate his legs when he is deported, but that would work too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Cut one of his fucking feet off and dump him in Panama! The next time he shows up cut the other foot off! I am sick of the fucking dirty bastards leeching off of my tax dollars.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Pfffft....only three times?!? He's a beginner.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
All of that taken together is sufficient to hold him e/o bond even on a misdemeanor.
View Quote

You can't consider immigration status as a factor in determining bond anymore.  Not in AZ anyway.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Invade Mexico and drive everyone to the southern side of the Pamana Canal.
View Quote

Finally using our military to defend the country, what a crazy idea.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Cut one of his fucking feet off and dump him in Panama ANTARCTICA!  The next time he shows up cut the other foot off! I am sick of the fucking dirty bastards leeching off of my tax dollars.  
View Quote

FIFY.  Anything less than a multi-thousand mile swim in open ocean with water cold enough to kill, filled man-eating predators is not likely to stop them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its ONLY the COC the feds can do as they please.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Driving while license suspended must mean he was halfway legal here at some point?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#21]
De-throne the King, then take that guy out back and cut his legs, nuts/pecker and hands off. That should slow him down.

Oh ya....wait an hour or two before calling an ambulance.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's just say I'm in favor of adopting Indonesia's drug laws.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm going to propose a radical solution to the problem. At this point, we have a significant fraction of Mexico and Central America's populations here in the US, yes? These people have come here of their own free will, and largely because they're not satisfied with their own government in their home nation. In short, we've got a bunch of problems with illegal immigration here in the US strictly due to poor governance in their home countries. Which is why all those people are fleeing north.

Why are we responsible for them? And, if we are, why don't we just cut out the middleman, and annex the territory their former government now occupies? The people want to come to the US, why don't we just go to them? We've got the people, why do they get to keep the resources and land that goes with them?

I guarantee you that the minute this becomes national policy, the Mexican government will shit bricks and sudden develop the amazing ability to cut off immigration North.

"Hey, there... Nice Chihuahua you have there. I see most of your citizens are now on my territory, so why don't we just make Chihuahua a US state?".

Hell, at this point I don't see what real difference it would be making, except that putting the current lot of corrupt Mexican officials out of business would probably result in some serious angst down there, and some very happy citizens. I bet a bunch of them would probably want to move back to Chihuahua.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#24]
get caught ..

1st time..... deported.
2nd time.... flogged..... deported
3rd time...... flogged.... 90 days hard labor.... deported
4th time...... flogged..... 180 days hard labor... deported.
5th time..... deport to antartica.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Driving while license suspended must mean he was halfway legal here at some point?
View Quote

No, a lot of States give drivers license's to illegals which of course opens the doors are a whole lot of stuff like voting.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Uhh.. It won't be stopped. The cheap labor is irresistible.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#27]
In this particular case, hickory shampoo, skip the rinse, repeat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top