Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2015 2:59:30 PM EDT
That could jeopardize a case and cause it to be tossed?

Obviously I'm talking about the prosecutor in MD who said she hears the protestors calls, etc.

I ask because in the military there is something similar called undue command influence which can cause a Court-Martial to be tossed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Since the prosecutor is black, probably not.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not supposed to say this

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The closest thing I can think of is called "malicious prosecution" but it would be an uphill battle to prove it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I think what you're looking for is conflict of interest, like the fact that one of the grey's family attorneys was a big donor to the prosecutors election. Nothing to see here though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Duke lacrosse case...cough...the Duke lacrosse case.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Ask FEH or FLL if it exists...
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#7]
You mean like the ATF agent in Georgia who compromised 5 years worth of cases by carrying on an affair with an AUSA?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Ask Michael Nifong.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes there is.

The prosecutor in Baltimore pretty much guaranteed the case won't be tried in Baltimore with her speech. Nothing like appealing to the court of public opinion and poisoning the jury pool at the same time. Plus her opening comments made it clear she has convicted the cops before the investigation is even over.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think what you're looking for is conflict of interest, like the fact that one of the grey's family attorneys was a big donor to the prosecutors election. Nothing to see here though.
View Quote

I suspect the family and theri attorney are far more concerned with their impending civil case that will no doubt be underway shortly.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#11]
No there isn't.  Why would they be looking for a case that would launch their careers?  Hell the local DA in San Antonio was elected on a series of Beefcake photos that appeared on his billboards.  I bet if he applied at Tallywinkers he would be the lead dancer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes there is.

The prosecutor in Baltimore pretty much guaranteed the case won't be tried in Baltimore with her speech. Nothing like appealing to the court of public opinion and poisoning the jury pool at the same time. Plus her opening comments made it clear she has convicted the cops before the investigation is even over.
View Quote

That is what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#13]
What happened to George Zimmerman was malicious prosecution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top