Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2015 5:53:19 PM EDT

The U.S. Air Force on Wednesday
kicked off a drive to attract and retain more women and minorities,
including a push to increase the number of female officers and pilots.

Air Force Secretary Deborah James announced nine measures
that she said were critical to ensuring the Air Force's success, such as
a web-based mentoring system, longer deferrals for deployments after
pregnancy, and a 30-percent target for the percentage of females in the
officer applicant pool, up from 25 percent.

View Quote

"This is not just about how we look. It’s about our
readiness. It’s about our capabilities today and for the future. It’s
about how we are going to perform as an Air Force ... in this very
uncertain geopolitical environment,"
http://news.yahoo.com/u-air-force-launches-push-recruit-more-women-200359367.html

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats racist!

Hiring based on race is just that, racist!

Hire the best people for the job, and retain the best performers regardless of race.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]
If it was really about readiness, they wouldn't give a shit about gender or race, and focus on getting the best qualified people.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
The comedy writes itself.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
"It’s about our readiness. It’s about our capabilities today and for the future."

And to do this we are going to let women have more time off if they get knocked up!

In before Sylvan
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"It’s about our readiness. It’s about our capabilities today and for the future."

And to do this we are going to let women have more time off if they get knocked up!

In before Sylvan
View Quote
The Army has its own issues along these lines to deal with. Not only are they dealing with a drawdown, the politically correct crap is getting rammed down their throats.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#7]
In other news my youngest daughter graduates from USAF basic next week. I wonder what kind of bonus she missed?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The U.S. Air Force on Wednesday kicked off a drive to attract and retain more women and minorities, including a push to increase the number of female officers and pilots.

Air Force Secretary Deborah James announced nine measures that she said were critical to ensuring the Air Force's success, such as a web-based mentoring system, longer deferrals for deployments after pregnancy, and a 30-percent target for the percentage of females in the officer applicant pool, up from 25 percent.
View Quote

"This is not just about how we look. It’s about our readiness. It’s about our capabilities today and for the future. It’s about how we are going to perform as an Air Force ... in this very uncertain geopolitical environment,"
http://news.yahoo.com/u-air-force-launches-push-recruit-more-women-200359367.html

View Quote

I found the major malfunction
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I remember that from ROTC. Specifically a shithead we couldn't get rid of because he was black.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

In other news my youngest daughter graduates from USAF basic next week. I wonder what kind of bonus she missed?
View Quote

If they start giving women bonuses for being women.....

Burn the fucking gates down.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh, so are the RIFs over then?  Can I get my last four years in now? I would have like to have been able to retire...  Screw that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:If they start giving women bonuses for being women.....

Burn the fucking gates down.

View Quote
They already do - but disguise it via promotion and retention policy.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#15]
What do you expect when Obama controls the entire military. He's carefully replacing all the high ranks with progressive leadership
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#16]
im shocked and outraged
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Now when qualified candidates get passed over they can successfully claim discrimination.  Way to tip your hat to lawsuits.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#18]
What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Last line in the article "The service will also make it a prerequisite for promotion that future leaders can show they have demonstrated a commitment to diversity and inclusion, James said."

Wow!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If it was really about readiness, they wouldn't give a shit about gender or race, and focus on getting the best qualified people.
View Quote

Yep.   So obviously it's about something else.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Army has its own issues along these lines to deal with. Not only are they dealing with a drawdown, the politically correct crap is getting rammed down their throats.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In before Sylvan

Yep. Ain't no time to be a white, straight, male officer in the US Army.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Those TV commercials have been playing for over a year now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#23]
they going for 100 % ?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Last line in the article "The service will also make it a prerequisite for promotion that future leaders can show they have demonstrated a commitment to diversity and inclusion, James said."

Wow!
View Quote

Not shocking. I work for a Fortune 25 company that mandates managers actively affirm their commitment to "diversity" or kiss their career good bye. Now that's not diversity of thought mind you....... you must embrace the groupthink.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Wow!
View Quote

The unstated assumption is that leaders have no commitment to diversity and inclusion.  How do you prove a negative?  How do you prove "I'm not racist, sexist, homophobic?" on an evaluation report?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I wonder if she knows that the Air Force drops bombs on people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top