BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/25/2015 11:46:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice! They need to revoke the US franchise.

It's unwatchable.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#2]
In before Clarkson says something totally awesome that pisses off a bunch of liberal twits.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Tomorrow on BBCA.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tomorrow on BBCA.
View Quote

They were supposed to simulcast...
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Dang they're lookin' old!

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#11]
What do you mean?

New episodes have been on the last few weeks.
Fuck Argentina.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tomorrow on BBCA.

We're not going to be a season behind anymore,  sweet.  This means I won't have to (^$#^&* them anymore.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What do you mean?

New episodes have been on the last few weeks.
Fuck Argentina.
View Quote

That was a stand alone special, not part of the season, IIRC.
Going to watch both parts tonight.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#14]
The last couple of years it feels like there's a lot of tension on the show. It's too bad, but I think those guys are starting to hate each other.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#15]
freakin cable company nixed BBCA earlier this month
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's unwatchable.
View Quote

Concur. It's all stupid, with no reviews. I don't want to see some painfully staged and stupid 'challenge' written by someone not worthy of taking out the trash of the worst writer on the BBC Top Gear team.

Review the new Lincoln MKX. Talk to me about what Acura is coming out with. Lets see what new with Toyota. BBC Top Gear always features some excellent reviews, and they aren't all of super cars.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#17]
That show is made by the personalities of the stars.

The American show fails for the same reason.  They aren't particularly funny or likable...a Bieberesque boy racer, a washed-up comedian who wasn't that funny when he was a comedian (and is less funny now), and a fat, whiny metrosexual.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Concur. It's all stupid, with no reviews. I don't want to see some painfully staged and stupid 'challenge' written by someone not worthy of taking out the trash of the worst writer on the BBC Top Gear team.

Review the new Lincoln MKX. Talk to me about what Acura is coming out with. Lets see what new with Toyota. BBC Top Gear always features some excellent reviews, and they aren't all of super cars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's unwatchable.

Was a pretty good post by someone here on this topic a while back.

Boils down to the difference in the way Top Gear USA is funded vs Top Gear UK.  Because Top Gear USA is funded by the car companies themselves (through test cars and advertisements) we're likely to never see 'real,' honest reviews.

It's a shame because I think the show could be very successful here - if they were able to explore the topics openly and honestly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Can't wait.

Where's my Coke and Popcorn?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Boils down to the difference in the way Top Gear USA is funded vs Top Gear UK.  Because Top Gear USA is funded by the car companies themselves (through test cars and advertisements) we're likely to never see 'real,' honest reviews.

It's a shame because I think the show could be very successful here - if they were able to explore the topics openly and honestly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's unwatchable.

I think an equally big problem is the difference in television formatting.

On the BBC, an hour long show is an hour long show.

On the History Channel, an hour long show is more like 40 minutes interrupted by commercials. To make matters worse, every commercial break is preceded by a "preview" of what's coming after the break, and every break is followed by a "review" of what happened before the break. By the time it's all watered down, you're left with maybe 30 minutes of actual show.

If you remember early on, TG USA had a studio and track kinda like TG UK. They had a few hot laps and a "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" ripoff. All of that was presumably canned to open time for scripted shenanigans to entertain the US viewer base.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Google "VPN"

Top Gear is infinity better when viewed through the BBC iPlayer.
Watching Top Gear SE22 teaser special.  This series looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote
What you need is to grab some coke and popcorn.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Who else saw the Chilean flag pins on their shirts in the studio?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:19:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:49:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Downloading now. I like to keep a local copy, sue me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#26]
The best show on TV
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:09:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

46-48 minutes actually.

Something has to pay for the production of the programs. With advertising it's free to the viewer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
On the History Channel, an hour long show is more like 40 minutes interrupted by commercials. To make matters worse, every commercial break is preceded by a "preview" of what's coming after the break, and every break is followed by a "review" of what happened before the break. By the time it's all watered down, you're left with maybe 30 minutes of actual show.

46-48 minutes actually.

Something has to pay for the production of the programs. With advertising it's free to the viewer.

10-15minutes makes a huge difference in TV

But the difference is Top Gear UK makes sure to every minute with quality. If you watch through any show (or season) its 10% shenanigans (like there abroad junk car specials) 10% news (keeping up with new laws ) 80% reviews. Heck it's the TV of any car magazines.

TOP Gear US (which I do enjoy) is junk food. It's ok in small amounts. I rather have them have them a similar format even if it means a couple less car reviews but has the new stars in cars and only a couple episodes doing stupid stuff.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:16:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Can't wait to see the LaFerrari.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:32:51 AM EDT
[#29]
BBC Top Gear is best Top Gear.

That American one is shit, and too damn painful to watch
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:35:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

RoadKill (YouTube only) is what American Top Gear ought to be. It's something we can be proud of.

If they had the same budget, it would turn the world upside down.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:33:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

RoadKill (YouTube only) is what American Top Gear ought to be. It's something we can be proud of.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As much as I love Freiburger,I don't think it'd work. Primarily,the answer to everything isn't "put a V8 in it" and he and Finnegan just don't have a range that appeals much farther than Roadkill has reached. The show never gets stale because it's once a month but if it were a seasonal thing,I don't think it'd hold interest that long.

Another issue is why TG is TG: the incredible production value and it being so many shows in one,it's a car show,it's a comedy,it's political commentary,current events,pop culture etc etc I don't see that being recaptured by anyone else. Hmm,maybe the best way to put it is:you know how bad they would screw up Sherlock in every way and try to make it better with a hot chick and explosions? Well,Americans like hot chicks and explosions and making Roadkill highbrow just wouldn't work on those levels.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:36:28 AM EDT
[#32]
One important thing about REAL Top Gear that people tend not to talk about is the cinematography. It's fucking top notch. I think Top Gear USA is filmed by drunks with iPhones.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:38:58 AM EDT
[#33]
So nobody else saw the Chilean flags?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:47:26 AM EDT
[#34]
BRIT top gear is best top gear. Aussie top gear sucks, US top gear was crap. But you know what car show I loved and the host had good chemistry and the network cancelled. The Car Show. That show was freaking awesome. They had to cancel it, probably due to Neilson's shitty ass  awful crappy rating metrics, which are pure garbage.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I noticed!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Did they change how they count seasons/series?  Shouldn't they be on 23 now, as 21 was last winter/spring?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:55:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Yes! Where can I view it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:55:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Hammond got Froomed. On the same bike no less.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:56:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Hello horse. I shall call you "Tesco".

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:03:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Legally? No idea. It's not available for purchase yet (and they wonder why people just say "fuck it" and pirate it).

An edited (another thing I fucking hate) version of will be showing on BBC America here in about 30 minutes, if you have that through your cable company.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:19:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
In before Clarkson says something totally awesome that pisses off a bunch of liberal twits.

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:07:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

In the US? If you don't get BBCA, it usually shows up on Amazon, VUDU, etc. a day or two after it airs on BBCA. This is pay per episode, something like $2 each. And it is the "international" version so there will be  differences from the BBC broadcast.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:57:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I watched the episode and no LaFerrari.  Are they testing it later in the season?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:00:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Missed it because of work. Cumcast still hasn't posted them on instant...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:02:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:14:28 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

If you remember early on, TG USA had a studio and track kinda like TG UK. They had a few hot laps and a "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" ripoff. All of that was presumably canned to open time for scripted shenanigans to entertain the US viewer base.

View Quote

That and and El Toro is becoming a giant housing tract.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:29:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Missed it because of work. Cumcast still hasn't posted them on instant...
View Quote

If you don't mind paying $2 for it, Amazon Instant has it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:35:15 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I noticed!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I noticed!

I did too, I just didn't realize what country they were.

Loved Clarkson's psyche-out apology!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:36:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I watched the episode and no LaFerrari.  Are they testing it later in the season?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. James May is going to be driving it later in the season.

I couldn't believe the Huracan was that much faster than than everything else on the board. It even beat the flagship Aventador.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:49:21 PM EDT
[#50]
This is the best episode in a very, very, very long time!!! Way, way funny!!!!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top