Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2015 8:08:24 PM EDT
People have been testing and abusing this camera drone model since it came out and the results are pretty damn impressive.  Max altitude I've found was over 4800' AGL with the built in 16mp gimbal mounted and gyroscope stabilized camera.  Not to mention built in GPS programming/tracking/flight plans, etc.  Streams to your android/iOS device with live video and photo capture as well. (plugged into the transmitter and using their app/interface)

Probably will end up buying one for photography stuff once I'm working again.  (they run $1000 ready to fly)

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Plot a bad price, I thought they would cost more than that
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Some info and a link would be helpful!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some info and a link would be helpful!
View Quote

Oddly enough, the drone's name and manufacturer are in the video info text.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/350-qx3-ap-combo-rtf-with-safe-technology-blh8160

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PY7WJ7Q/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3N6YTKEZ20Q8X&coliid=I2I8Q9M1IXHWLA
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Flying that high over a populated area is hugely irresponsible. Idiots like that are why the FAA is in the process of banning "drones".
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Flying that high over a populated area is hugely irresponsible. Idiots like that are why the FAA is in the process of banning "drones".
View Quote

The 'Smart' mode has it locked to 45m AGL max.  I'll admit getting into anything that high is irresponsible and potentially into airspace of other commercial or private craft.

Just saying it is neat that the drone *could* go that high.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Added two more videos to the OP.  Much want.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The blade 350's are supposed to be pretty bad ass. For the time being I'll stick with my x5c for $60.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top