Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2015 6:41:42 PM EDT
Found these pics in my moms stuff. She and dad divorced in 95 and somehow got mixed up.

He's a lot uglier now, haha.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Bugger hooking the bang switch there Jarhead!  

Semper Fi brother.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That last picture reminds me of a thread a few weeks ago, about the picture of an Army Soldier in Korea in the mid seventies. The guys in this picture seem to be in a training environment, and a fairly spiffy school at that, where you would certainly expect the highest grooming standards to be enforced, and they have hair that would be considered out of reg in the most lenient reserve unit today.
View Quote

When he was in, he said a majority of his units were court ordered. After Vietnam, they had issues getting new recruits and most opted for USMC instead of Jail. His recon platoon in Okinawa supposedly only had 3 other volunteers besides him and the senior NCO's and 0's.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#5]
DT.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been doing the Marine thing my whole life.  Great grandpa, great uncle, uncle, Dad and me.  I've been a Marine for 24 years. Can't see leaving it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been doing the Marine thing my whole life.  Great grandpa, great uncle, uncle, Dad and me.  I've been a Marine for 24 years. Can't see leaving it.
View Quote

His dad was career Airforce. He got him a slot and the academy and dad said he wanted to join "the real service", and regretted saying it the moment he said that. If he had known about the PJ's/forward observers he would have gone. Instead he had his heart set on Recon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top